Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Home Improvement Thread (Not The TV Show)

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Home Improvement Thread (Not The TV Show)

Iím likely moving around this time next year. What sucks is after pumping 40-50k into the home over 12 years (new roof, windows, siding, furnace, fence, etc) Iíll sell it for what I bought it for since I bought in 06í just before the market tanked.

Oh well. Iíll pay off the mortgage, and take the difference and drop that on 20% down on a bigger home. Then start a brand new 25 or 30 year mortgage. Thatís life.

I need a bigger home...1 bedroom + 1 bathroom more, minimum. No regrets on the first home though it has been great and very affordable.
    Donít want to move school district (ours ranked 9th in the state this year) but Iím willing to move a district out in any direction. All are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Į\_(ツ)_/Į BSBH Prospect

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post

ďNY SPORTS FAN, PARSLEY IS LOOKING TO UPSIZE IN THE BEAUTIFUL SUBURBS OF PHILADELPHIA SURROUNDED BY THE HOSTILE PHILLY FAN BASE. FOLLOW HIS ENDEAVORS AS HEíS HARASSED AND THREATENED, ALONG WITH HIS WIFE AND TWO DAUGHTERS.....on the next episode of House Hunters FilthadelphiaĒ

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    House Hunters: Family

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/be-on-hgt...hunters-family

We're looking for fun personalities and interesting stories. Ideal candidates should have children between the ages of 7 and 15. If your kids are excited and opinionated about your move, we want to meet you!

We are currently casting nationwide!

My episode of My Lottery Dream Home comes out in a few months.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm never moving again

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm never moving again
    Ah, a "Love it or List It" guy

Į\_(ツ)_/Į BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Ah, a "Love it or List It" guy
    I love that show because I'm pretty sure they tell people not to clean at all for 2 weeks leading up to the show

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

I love that show because I'm pretty sure they tell people not to clean at all for 2 weeks leading up to the show
    "Pull all of the shit out of your closets and pile it in your living room and dining room. Then Hilary will give you a new basement."

Į\_(ツ)_/Į BSBH Prospect
    "were going to promise you a bunch of things but in reality were just going to find every code violation in your house and blow the budget on that"

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Obviously doesn't have kids here ^^^^^^^

"Hey, welcome, have a seat, yes thank you, we're very happy with the new.. DONT GO IN THE FUCKING BEDROOM"

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    The choice between a bigger, nicer home and not starting a new Mortgage at 35 is pretty simple to me, but women complicate the issue.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm never moving again
    This is how I feel as well. I like where I live, the neighborhood is quiet, schools are good. I can't complain about it at all, and thats the main reason we went with doing the dormer as opposed to buying a new house. When we first bought the house, that was our main goal because it already had a stairway into the attic, so all we have to do is build up. Most of the houses in the area that are the same style as mine have done the dormer. The other key thing is that we are right behind the Suffolk PD, so when the power goes out, we are on their power grid, so it usually comes back quickly.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    I’m likely moving around this time next year. What sucks is after pumping 40-50k into the home over 12 years (new roof, windows, siding, furnace, fence, etc) I’ll sell it for what I bought it for since I bought in 06’ just before the market tanked.

Oh well. I’ll pay off the mortgage, and take the difference and drop that on 20% down on a bigger home. Then start a brand new 25 or 30 year mortgage. That’s life.

I need a bigger home...1 bedroom + 1 bathroom more, minimum. No regrets on the first home though it has been great and very affordable.
    Don’t want to move school district (ours ranked 9th in the state this year) but I’m willing to move a district out in any direction. All are pretty good.

We put a ton of money into the house too, we bought in 2007, got it what was cheap at the time, but now, everything has dropped. We put in a new bay window, and converted the kitchen windows into a nice bay window, ad we renovated the basement. When we had the house appraised, we couldn't believe how low it was. Sucks.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    We were looking for a new house in the same town but finally realized I didnít want to go through all the BS with any type of renovations again.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    I went through it twice the first time my brother in law and myself did the bulk of the work, the second time I had someone do all the work and the next house I move into I don't even want to put a nail in the wall I'm done with all that crap.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Iím not even done with my fucking basement yet, thatís 2 years in the making
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    We put a ton of money into the house too, we bought in 2007, got it what was cheap at the time, but now, everything has dropped. We put in a new bay window, and converted the kitchen windows into a nice bay window, ad we renovated the basement. When we had the house appraised, we couldn't believe how low it was. Sucks.
    Yup. Sometimes it's all about timing. We got fucked. Had we waited a year or so (no way we knew the housing market was going to crash like it did the following 12-24 months) we would have gotten the same type home for probably 15-20% less than we paid which when you are talking several hundred thousand dollars purchase price adds up quick.

I'm just glad we were able to talk the seller down a fair amount when we bought because they had it ridiculously overpriced. Had we paid anywhere near their asking price and then the market tanked I'd probably have lost my shit.

Looking ahead to next year around here, it appears to be a sellers market in the burbs of Philly so while I feel confident our home will sell quick and at a fair price, we are going to pay for the upsize in home we are looking for. I'm eyeing a few towns further out in the sticks where you get more bang for your buck. Even if it means longer commutes, etc.

I lucked out and got a short sale, saved close to 100K on it. Should get a nice return with all the renovations if I did decide to sell it.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    I lucked out and got a short sale, saved close to 100K on it. Should get a nice return with all the renovations if I did decide to sell it.
    Well deserved when you give the effort and energy to do a major fix up.

Of course itís going to rain this weekend when I want to use my new power washer
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast