• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pro Wrasslin' — WWE, AEW, NJPW, Impact Wrestling & Beyond

Phil

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I guess I didn’t realize he was so old... or maybe I didn’t realize I was so old...

Not a “fan”, but respected him. Put him in that mankind category. Not my cup of tea but holy shit!

RIP

• 3 weeks later...

Strowman, I would think, is AEW-bound in about 90 days. As is Lana (who is Miro's wife). Black and Garrett I could see doing short stints in Impact or also joining AEW if the roster can make room. They do have another TV show (Rampage) coming this August, but they already don't have nearly enough time to showcase the entirety of their roster on television (YouTube doesn't count). Might be tough.

I know nothing about Ruby Riott or Buddy Murphy (other than he has an incredibly stupid name).

I know who Strowman is. (He sucks)

I've heard of Aleister Black and Lana, but couldnt point them out.

Never heard of the other people.

Do wrestling fans even care, or is this fake internet mad? Or, is the product so bad now that people care about these jobbers?

I continue to turn it on randomly, but it's always some shitbag like Strowman trying to flex his terrible mic skills for 30 minutes, then punches a guy WWF 80s style, and wins a belt. The Strowmans and Reigns are killing the product.

Wouldn't work. It was a unique cultural moment in history. It would die in today's audience landscape where in-ring performance ranks among the highest of qualities today's fans want. It would die violently against the woke/PC backlash they'd get for objectifying women and sexualizing what's become a television show for kids.

If you want "attitude" of any kind, you need to be watching something other than WWE — companies whose target audiences aren't 6-year-olds.

(They are dying violently, today)

Wrestling fans are a niche. WWE is putting out a PC product to appeal to the woke crowd.

It's like the NHL thinking they would get more fans for penalizing the puck over the glass and not allowing players to tuck in jerseys.

(They are dying violently, today)

Wrestling fans are a niche. WWE is putting out a PC product to appeal to the woke crowd.

It's like the NHL thinking they would get more fans for penalizing the puck over the glass and not allowing players to tuck in jerseys.

They're not. They're just not growing their audience very much.

I don't miss the attitude era itself -- just the height of its stars (Austin, Rock, Foley, etc). Its that, not the lack of bra and panties matches, that's missing.

I mean, I don't necessarily care much about the bra and panties stuff either. When I think about the Attitude Era that's not what comes to mind. Austin slamming beers and flipping fingers comes to mind. The Rock comes to mind. DX and their shenanigans comes to mind. Mr. McMahon and Shano Mac come to mind. Dudley's and TLC matches. I know the bra and panties stuff happened back then...a lot. But its just not what I think about when I or anyone else mentions Attitude Era. At least it doesn't for me. Maybe it does for you.

Seeing that WWE continues to release more and more talent by the day, I'm a tad worried. Releasing Stroman and Black, especially just after you brought him back and looking like they were finally going to do something with him, is a red flag. Reading over the past year how a few of the McMahons have sold a lot of their stock in the company and they continue to cut a lot of assets is telling me that a sale could be in the near future. Another example of this is the Network merging with NBC and Peaccock instead of being its own thing like it had been. Even though I think WWE has done an awful job with the dearth of talent they've had and creating new stars, I don't know if a McMahon-less company is a good thing.

Sure, I've seen comments from some that he's out of touch and they may be better off without him. While that may be true, I'm a tad skeptical, but I guess we'll see how this shakes down. I really wouldn't mind someone like Triple H having a more prominent role since he's always done a great job with the NXT brand and a lot of their talent got stifled on the main roster.

I don't miss the attitude era itself -- just the height of its stars (Austin, Rock, Foley, etc). Its that, not the lack of bra and panties matches, that's missing.

Are you not ready for Eva-lution?

Seeing that WWE continues to release more and more talent by the day, I'm a tad worried. Releasing Stroman and Black, especially just after you brought him back and looking like they were finally going to do something with him, is a red flag. Reading over the past year how a few of the McMahons have sold a lot of their stock in the company and they continue to cut a lot of assets is telling me that a sale could be in the near future. Another example of this is the Network merging with NBC and Peaccock instead of being its own thing like it had been. Even though I think WWE has done an awful job with the dearth of talent they've had and creating new stars, I don't know if a McMahon-less company is a good thing.

Sure, I've seen comments from some that he's out of touch and they may be better off without him. While that may be true, I'm a tad skeptical, but I guess we'll see how this shakes down. I really wouldn't mind someone like Triple H having a more prominent role since he's always done a great job with the NXT brand and a lot of their talent got stifled on the main roster.

You know now that you mention this, Monday night when I loaded the NBCSN app to watch the hockey games I noticed Raw was also a streaming choice. I was wondering wtf is this doing here? So can you now access the WWEN with your NBC info or is WWEN still a separate account?

You know now that you mention this, Monday night when I loaded the NBCSN app to watch the hockey games I noticed Raw was also a streaming choice. I was wondering wtf is this doing here? So can you now access the WWEN with your NBC info or is WWEN still a separate account?

WWE Network can now only be accessed through the NBC stuff. Everything hasn't been carried over yet, so that's currently being worked out. But, eventually, all of the content that was on the Network will be there, now through Peacock.

WWE Network can now only be accessed through the NBC stuff. Everything hasn't been carried over yet, so that's currently being worked out. But, eventually, all of the content that was on the Network will be there, now through Peacock.

Ahh ok. I don't have Peacock. I just stream through NBCSN app with a shared Optimum account log in. Oh well.