• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Really? No one carries any of it? That's a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There is minimal coverage of any US sports here in Norway unfortunately. Zuc has raised the interest for the NHL, but beside that it's not much. I usually have to stream if I want to watch US sports.

Wrestling fans mourn deaths of WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff, 70, and Brian Lawler, 46

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ny-sports-wwe-nikolai-volkoff-dead-20180729-story.html

Nikolai Volkoff, the former pro wrestler who played a gruff Russian villain during his 40-year career in the ring and often appeared with tag team partner the Iron Sheik, has died. He was 70.

Also confirmed Sunday was the death of Brian Christopher Lawler, the son of 2007 WWE Hall of Fame inductee Jerry “The King” Lawler — who is probably best-known for his rivalry with comedian-turned-wrestler Andy Kaufman.

Brian Lawler, 46, hanged himself in a Tennessee jail where he was being held on DUI on changes. His father was by his side when he was pronounced dead in a nearby hospital.

You can search for AXS here: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

Awesome to hear your giving Impact a shot. This Thursday is the fallout from the PPV. Should be tons of fun. Would be a great jumping off point for you.

God. It wasn't very good. The small crowds are sad.Then the horrible camera work and audio (same guy trying to get chants started right next to the mic'ed camera).

Some of the in ring stuff was down right bad. But WWE has been just as bad. I'm shocked there aren't more serious injuries by botched or fucked up moves. Nevermind the horrible selling or over selling that happens on their screw ups. Clear misses by 12 inches... Again that's both companies..

There was some funny back stage stuff though. I'll definitely give it another shot.

God. It wasn't very good. The small crowds are sad.Then the horrible camera work and audio (same guy trying to get chants started right next to the mic'ed camera).

Some of the in ring stuff was down right bad. But WWE has been just as bad. I'm shocked there aren't more serious injuries by botched or fucked up moves. Nevermind the horrible selling or over selling that happens on their screw ups. Clear misses by 12 inches... Again that's both companies..

There was some funny back stage stuff though. I'll definitely give it another shot.

I mean, I'm not sure what you're expecting on crowds, but anyone who isn't WWE or NJPW aren't going to bring in 20,000 people. Not ROH, not Impact, not MLW, etc.

If I were you, I'd download Slammiversary and start there. If you're still not into it, it's not for you, and that's OK.

I mean, is possible? I've heard nothing, though.

It randomly showed up one day in the feed at the bottom of my Google app but when I clicked the link it took me to some random dude's twitter. I tweeted the dude who runs the Wrestling on Demand Kodi add on figuring he has to be a pretty hardcore wrestling fan but he never responded. I also tweeted Dwayne himself but I never expected a response lol. Oh well.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/13/wwe-legend-jim-the-anvil-neidhart-dead-at-63/

WWE legend Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart dead at 63

Former wrestler, and one half of the Killer Bees tag team, B. Brian Blair shared the news on Twitter.

“So sad to announce the passing of my friend and longtime colleague, Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart. Your thoughts and prayers for the family are deeply appreciated!” he wrote.

Neidhart was the founding member of the notorious Hart Foundation faction, which included Bret Hart, his brother-in-law. Neidhart became a pro wrestler in 1979 after training with the legendary Stu Hart in Canada. He also appeared in preseason NFL games with the Raiders and Cowboys.