• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
“From what I hear Chris Jericho and [impact Wrestling] are in last-minute negotiations to not only appearing at Impact Wrestling at Bound For Glory but also to be appearing going forward for at least 2 or 3 shows. That can fall apart, it could not. Remember Jericho just appeared in Japan. Jericho has that Wrestling Cruise on October 27th so he could do something with that Impact Wrestling event and continue it on that Wrestling Cruise.”

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/10/10/chris-jericho-negotiating-bigger-deal-with-impact-wrestling/

--

Aw yeah!

https://deadspin.com/wwe-is-not-handling-the-backlash-to-its-saudi-deal-very-1829819920

Six days ago, WWE was in an uncomfortable position regarding its upcoming Crown Jewel event in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, the second card in a 10-year contract with the kingdom believed to be worth $20–$50 million per show. Saudi Arabia’s brutal war of attrition in Yemen and, more recently, Turkey’s insistence that the Saudis killed and dismembered the dissident journalist and American resident Jamal Khashoggi in their Istanbul consulate, have made that deal look either ethically dubious or completely unconscionable, depending on how charitable you’re feeling. It was never anything but that, but recent events have only made things look worse for WWE.

• 1 month later...
I'll be honest — I legitimately thought he already died. Like, years ago. He struck me as the "dead at 45" type given how hard he went in his twenties and thirties.

I don't follow wrestling like I used to when I was young, so I forget about the guys I used to watch. There bodies have to be shot with all the pounding they took.

HBO is reportedly working on a documentary about New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kenny Omega, who is the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion.

Musician Joseph Shabason recently appeared on the Kreative Kontrol podcast and revealed that he had completed the musical score for the documentary. Shabason indicated that the documentary will air in earlt 2019.

"I just finished a documentary about a wrestler, that's going to be coming out on HBO in the New Year, which is going to be really exciting," he said. "It's a wrestler named Kenny Omega, he's a wrestler from Winnipeg, but he went to Japan and formed this tag team called The Golden Lovers, which was sort of the first-ever queer storyline in wrestling. ... He's a pretty incredible dude. I was really happy with scoring it."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/12/hbo-reportedly-working-on-kenny-omega-documentary-648521/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...