• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Impact is officially booked for the Jericho tour! There's talk it'll be an ROH v. Impact theme, similar to the Lucha Underground v. Impact theme they successfully ran a few months ago.

It looks like their bridge building is paying off, too. They're bringing back Ishimori, who has since joined NJPW as the Bullet Club Bone Soldier, for Slammiversary. It'll be the first time NJPW and Impact have worked together in like a decade.

Impact is officially booked for the Jericho tour! There's talk it'll be an ROH v. Impact theme, similar to the Lucha Underground v. Impact theme they successfully ran a few months ago.

It looks like their bridge building is paying off, too. They're bringing back Ishimori, who has since joined NJPW as the Bullet Club Bone Soldier, for Slammiversary. It'll be the first time NJPW and Impact have worked together in like a decade.

Where can one watch these promotions? WWE is really bland now.

Impact is on POP TV (former TV Guide channel). NJPW runs weekly on AXS TV (where it is voiced by Jim Ross and Josh Barnett). ROH airs on Sinclair network. You'll need to check your local listings to see if you get a channel that carries it (I don't).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both, in a way. Everyone understands it's scripted, but it's the story you are buying into in most cases, where the match becomes the theatre in which the story is played out. So you can both appreciate the overall logic of good versus evil, always aiming for triumph, and be in awe of the physical ability of the performers who put their bodies on the line to accomplish it.

In other words, "damn, I wonder who is going to go over between Pentagon and Callihan," and "whoever it is, I just hope they put on an incredible match," at the same time. Almost in tandem.

Make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Both, in a way. Everyone understands it's scripted, but it's the story you are buying into in most cases, where the match becomes the theatre in which the story is played out. So you can both appreciate the overall logic of good versus evil, always aiming for triumph, and be in awe of the physical ability of the performers who put their bodies on the line to accomplish it.

In other words, "damn, I wonder who is going to go over between Pentagon and Callihan," and "whoever it is, I just hope they put on an incredible match," at the same time. Almost in tandem.

Make sense?

Yeah makes sense. I guess I have to watch more then just some clips on youtube to understand the whole thing. It's a lot of "drama" going on outside of the cages aswell I guess?

I remember playing WWE when I was little not really knowing what it was. I always assumed it was real (because the games are real), so I was kinda let down when I realized it wasn't.

WWE announced its first ever all women’s PPV for October. The women’s division is becoming really good, a lot of great athletes

How is Rousey doing? Haven't seen her since Nunes kicked her ass. Must be nice to get knocked out cold 2 times and losing your belt then just switch to a much safer "job" and earn a lot more money lol.

Yeah makes sense. I guess I have to watch more then just some clips on youtube to understand the whole thing. It's a lot of "drama" going on outside of the cages aswell I guess?

I remember playing WWE when I was little not really knowing what it was. I always assumed it was real (because the games are real), so I was kinda let down when I realized it wasn't.

I mean, it's not for everyone, but I view it through the lens of theatre/scripted television. The same way you might watch The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones to see drama and simulated violence that isn't actually real but that you willingly suspend disbelief for applies here too. At least to me.

If you're comparing it to legitimate fight sports, it'll fall short, because it'll always look fake, but if you accept it for the spectacle, you can buy in, despite knowing it's "not real."

If you think you'd like it, give it a go. WWE has like fifty shows on a week. Though they're not my cup of tea. Impact airs on Pop TV, and NJPW (pound for pound the closest to fight sports you'll find) on AXS TV.

I mean, it's not for everyone, but I view it through the lens of theatre/scripted television. The same way you might watch The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones to see drama and simulated violence that isn't actually real but that you willingly suspend disbelief for applies here too. At least to me.

If you're comparing it to legitimate fight sports, it'll fall short, because it'll always look fake, but if you accept it for the spectacle, you can buy in, despite knowing it's "not real."

If you think you'd like it, give it a go. WWE has like fifty shows on a week. Though they're not my cup of tea. Impact airs on Pop TV, and NJPW (pound for pound the closest to fight sports you'll find) on AXS TV.

Yeah, then it makes much more sense.

I've wanted to try it out for some time, but there's no way to watch it in Norway. Thats why I've only watched some on youtube. Royal Rumble is awesome lol.

Johnny Impact returned, as did Ishimori. Scarlett Bordeaux debuts this week.

Gotta say John Morrison is the shit. Loved what I saw from him in Lucha Underground. Unbelievable how the WWE couldn't get this guy over. I'm going to start DVRing impact and check it out. WWE just sucks. So much talent is being wasted on shit storylines. It's turning fans against would be talents like Lashley, Stromam, Samoa Joe and even Baron Corbin.

Can't find AXS on optimum/cable vision.