• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WWE fires cruiserweight champion Enzo Amore over rape allegation

https://sports.yahoo.com/wwe-suspends-cruiserweight-champion-enzo-amore-rape-allegation-002228557.html

Update: Eric Arndt was fired by the WWE, the company announced Tuesday morning.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore). https://t.co/iagk1311eD

— WWE (@WWE) January 23, 2018

WWE announced on Monday that it is suspending wrestler Eric Arndt, known as Enzo Amore in the ring, after he was accused of rape.

“WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault. Until this matter is resolved, Eric Arndt (aka Enzo Amore) has been suspended,” the organization announced in a statement.

Pro Wrestling sheet reported prior to the WWE announcement that Amore is under investigation in Arizona for allegations of raping a woman in a hotel room last October.

OKAY..it’s been long enough & I have been so so scared to share this. I was raped in mid October by the WWE Enzo Amore (also known as Eric Arden) & Tyler Grosso & TOOPOOR let it happen as accomplices. I was in a mental hospital for 45 days after it. They ARE NOT good people. pic.twitter.com/VhyG6oaDwg

— philomena (@missgucciwitch) January 22, 2018

• 2 months later...

To be fair, they've let Cody be Cody in the past and he never built this level of character. I'm not disagreeing that he had the potential to, but sometimes it's difficult for talent to grow when it's overshadowed. Even when he first hit the indies, he was called boring and overrated by many. It took the Bullet Club and the evolution of "fighting game boss" Cody to showcase what he can really do.

It worked out for everyone and when/if he finally returns, all will be better for it.

Sidenote: Kurt Angle shit all over TNA last night with a simple mention of the brand on WWE tv lol