• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Link:

--

And, like that, Impact just solved their TV problems!

But not their irrelevancy. In the coming weeks they'll be #3, aew will have a hot two weeks and burn out. They are trying to copy attitude era and follow wwe practices and it wont work in the long run

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

But not their irrelevancy. In the coming weeks they'll be #3, aew will have a hot two weeks and burn out. They are trying to copy attitude era and follow wwe practices and it wont work in the long run

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It all depends what talent they bring in. WWE is shelling out big money to keep its roster, it’s going to very tough for AEW but I hope they are successful

It all starts somewhere. People said the same thing in '05 when they got their first deal with Spike, and they ended up the clear #2 promotion in the U.S. for four years running, problems and all. Though a mistake in hindsight, it even landed them Hogan, which was a significant deal at the time.

The same people have been "calling" their demise every year since, and every year since, they're still here, and they just bought themselves an audience reach of 150 million U.S. homes. That's an 87.5% increase over the current reach of the now Paramount Network (then Spike), which is in approximately 80.2 million homes.

I'm curious, though. Given the boom the industry is currently, why do you still think in binary terms — that only two companies can exist and vie for eyes at the same time — when it's so patently untrue?

It all starts somewhere. People said the same thing in '05 when they got their first deal with Spike, and they ended up the clear #2 promotion in the U.S. for four years running, problems and all. Though a mistake in hindsight, it even landed them Hogan, which was a significant deal at the time.

The same people have been "calling" their demise every year since, and every year since, they're still here, and they just bought themselves an audience reach of 150 million U.S. homes. That's an 87.5% increase over the current reach of the now Paramount Network (then Spike), which is in approximately 80.2 million homes.

I'm curious, though. Given the boom the industry is currently, why do you still think in binary terms — that only two companies can exist and vie for eyes at the same time — when it's so patently untrue?

I see it more as yes you can have less watched aaa roh etc. Impact, aew, new Japan will never truly compete with wwe. Their strongest argument was we want to do it differently we want the unknowns to be highlighted no favoritism. Yet you have a man that's now a woman win their big women's rumble. Jericho be the first chance. Cody being invincible and being showcased. It's all the owners and vps and what not as the focus, they are doing everything they wanted to get away from.

I see it more as yes you can have less watched aaa roh etc. Impact, aew, new Japan will never truly compete with wwe. Their strongest argument was we want to do it differently we want the unknowns to be highlighted no favoritism. Yet you have a man that's now a woman win their big women's rumble. Jericho be the first chance. Cody being invincible and being showcased. It's all the owners and vps and what not as the focus, they are doing everything they wanted to get away from.

I don't understand this as an answer to my question.