• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

True,but they are getting a little better.

I mean a Rollins-Balor match at Summerslam for the new Universal Championship is going to be awesome,a few years ago that match never would have happened.

If he comes out in his demon persona the place will erupt.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/219377ddda13bb30904136a8ed43c169/tumblr_njqa364atU1u3q6z0o1_500.png

My buddy sent me Roode's NXT theme a few weeks ago. It's definitely cool.

Also, I loathe Miz. Saying I'm "not a big fan" undersells that hatred by miles. For all his vocal talent, he has the in-ring ability of dish soap. Once the bell rings, the only guy more boring than him is ADR.

• 4 weeks later...
Lots of talk that TNA is up for sale and that the company needs to be sold by October 2nd in order to fund the next set of tapings. Meltzer has been talking for a day or two now that it's probably around $4-6M to acquire it and Billy Corgan, recently named Impact's new President, is the leading candiate to buy it.

Doubt that. I'm sure they would like the video library given how many ex TNA guys they have now, but the pricetag is pretty high for just the library. It's almost certainly going to Corgan.

Having WWE buy them would fucking suck anyway. Remember the list time he bought the competition? Pretty shitty times.

Doubt that. I'm sure they would like the video library given how many ex TNA guys they have now, but the pricetag is pretty high for just the library. It's almost certainly going to Corgan.

Having WWE buy them would fucking suck anyway. Remember the list time he bought the competition? Pretty shitty times.

A bit more complicated than that, and calling TNA competition at this point is also a stretch lol

No, it isn't. They've fallen from grace, but they're the only competing company with a US television contact. ROH lost theirs with Destination America, too. Note they're on Comet, which is available in like twelve homes.

It's also the landing spot for most talents who leave WWE. Sandow went there. They just signed Brandi Rhodes. Cody is coming soon, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Sure seems like everything is coming to a head for TNA this weekend. Bound For Glory is this Sunday and reports indicate that Corgan is positioning a full take-over from Carter and that if/when he acquires the company, he's going to usher in a new era like we haven't seen in their history — likely meaning BFG will be the last night in TNA's history, and the next set of tapings would be the first in whatever new venture he builds on the skeleton of TNA.