Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2498

Thread: Impact Wrestling, WWE, ROH, Indies, and More!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I mean, it's not for everyone, but I view it through the lens of theatre/scripted television. The same way you might watch The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones to see drama and simulated violence that isn't actually real but that you willingly suspend disbelief for applies here too. At least to me.

If you're comparing it to legitimate fight sports, it'll fall short, because it'll always look fake, but if you accept it for the spectacle, you can buy in, despite knowing it's "not real."

If you think you'd like it, give it a go. WWE has like fifty shows on a week. Though they're not my cup of tea. Impact airs on Pop TV, and NJPW (pound for pound the closest to fight sports you'll find) on AXS TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yeah, then it makes much more sense.

I've wanted to try it out for some time, but there's no way to watch it in Norway. Thats why I've only watched some on youtube. Royal Rumble is awesome lol.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Really? No one carries any of it? That's a shame.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Johnny Impact returned, as did Ishimori. Scarlett Bordeaux debuts this week.

Gotta say John Morrison is the shit. Loved what I saw from him in Lucha Underground. Unbelievable how the WWE couldn't get this guy over. I'm going to start DVRing impact and check it out. WWE just sucks. So much talent is being wasted on shit storylines. It's turning fans against would be talents like Lashley, Stromam, Samoa Joe and even Baron Corbin.

Can't find AXS on optimum/cable vision.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-24-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    The problem with WWE is overabundance of wrestlers, they don’t know what to do with them
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

You can search for AXS here: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

Awesome to hear your giving Impact a shot. This Thursday is the fallout from the PPV. Should be tons of fun. Would be a great jumping off point for you.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Really? No one carries any of it? That's a shame.

There is minimal coverage of any US sports here in Norway unfortunately. Zuc has raised the interest for the NHL, but beside that it's not much. I usually have to stream if I want to watch US sports.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Wrestling fans mourn deaths of WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff, 70, and Brian Lawler, 46

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...729-story.html

Nikolai Volkoff, the former pro wrestler who played a gruff Russian villain during his 40-year career in the ring and often appeared with tag team partner the Iron Sheik, has died. He was 70.

Also confirmed Sunday was the death of Brian Christopher Lawler, the son of 2007 WWE Hall of Fame inductee Jerry “The King” Lawler — who is probably best-known for his rivalry with comedian-turned-wrestler Andy Kaufman.

Brian Lawler, 46, hanged himself in a Tennessee jail where he was being held on DUI on changes. His father was by his side when he was pronounced dead in a nearby hospital.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Junior Division
    You can search for AXS here: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

Awesome to hear your giving Impact a shot. This Thursday is the fallout from the PPV. Should be tons of fun. Would be a great jumping off point for you.

God. It wasn't very good. The small crowds are sad.Then the horrible camera work and audio (same guy trying to get chants started right next to the mic'ed camera).

Some of the in ring stuff was down right bad. But WWE has been just as bad. I'm shocked there aren't more serious injuries by botched or fucked up moves. Nevermind the horrible selling or over selling that happens on their screw ups. Clear misses by 12 inches... Again that's both companies..

There was some funny back stage stuff though. I'll definitely give it another shot.

ROH is where it’s at, only matter of time until WWE steals and ruins the talent
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

What do you mean, only a matter of time? Where do you think 90% of the talent in NXT came from?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    God. It wasn't very good. The small crowds are sad.Then the horrible camera work and audio (same guy trying to get chants started right next to the mic'ed camera).

Some of the in ring stuff was down right bad. But WWE has been just as bad. I'm shocked there aren't more serious injuries by botched or fucked up moves. Nevermind the horrible selling or over selling that happens on their screw ups. Clear misses by 12 inches... Again that's both companies..

There was some funny back stage stuff though. I'll definitely give it another shot.
    I mean, I'm not sure what you're expecting on crowds, but anyone who isn't WWE or NJPW aren't going to bring in 20,000 people. Not ROH, not Impact, not MLW, etc.

If I were you, I'd download Slammiversary and start there. If you're still not into it, it's not for you, and that's OK.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I saw some rumors of a possible return to the ring for The Great One. Can any of you wrestling experts confirm?

I mean, is possible? I've heard nothing, though.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I mean, is possible? I've heard nothing, though.

It randomly showed up one day in the feed at the bottom of my Google app but when I clicked the link it took me to some random dude's twitter. I tweeted the dude who runs the Wrestling on Demand Kodi add on figuring he has to be a pretty hardcore wrestling fan but he never responded. I also tweeted Dwayne himself but I never expected a response lol. Oh well.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Jericho's mic work is phenomenal
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Always liked Jericho, when is this supposed to be?

No idea. Its somewhat close, but landing him for Bound For Glory would be something.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

No idea. Its somewhat close, but landing him for Bound For Glory would be something.

I assume that is a ppv? When will that air?