Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2498

Thread: Impact Wrestling, WWE, ROH, Indies, and More!

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    All are in dog shit storylines and the AJ vs Nakamura rivalry is falling really really short on expectations after hearing about some past legendary matches.

Rollins title win was super lame. Terrible finish to a pretty shitty and uneventful ladder match. McIntyre likely won't last long. They have too many names on the RAW roster and I can't see a spot for him to make a niche with Stroman, Lashley, Owen's, Reigns, Rollins, Balor, Ziggler, Elias, Mahal, Corbin, Hardy and a few others who are still awaiting their push and their run. There's a few that may get the strange push due to fan reaction, like Breezango whom I think are hilarious due to its ridiculousness. Unless they start pairing these guys off in pointless tag team runs, there's just no room for anyone to rise up.

After failing to utilize Samoa Joe, after some really good matches, the guy still has no strap and was cast off to shitty Smackdown. I don't see guys like Roode or McIntyre doing any better than Joe or Stroman did. They're here to job to Reigns and Lesnar. Which is already tiring.

A few of these guys need to go to Smackdown so they don't get stale and want to leave. There's nothing there anymore. Just Bryant and Styles, with Nakamura. Gallows and Anderson probably get their push now. But that show is dead in the water.

This is probably the best wwe roster in a long time. Too bad they have nothing interesting enough to latch on to. They really suck at making rivalries. There's nothing going on now that is must see. Nothing brewing as the continue to figure out how to get Reigns over and whether or not they want to commit to Ziggler, as a guy to put on a run (I hope not). I see a future of dead end pointless storylines with a soon to be unhappy roster. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    AJ vs Nak was underwhelming at WM but now with Nak the heel it's so much better,he's much better and more comfortable as a heel.That rivalry will continue.

I would love to see Balor vs Rollins turn into a huge feud with Balor possibly brining out the demon. I also see Ambrose returning and eventually turning on Rollins.

I have no use for Mahal or Corbin as well.

I see McIntyre and Zigs(wish for a Diesel ,Michaels relationship) running through people and maybe Zig eventually turning on Drew.

Samoa Joe was definitely misused on RAW,he's so good even on the mic,deserves better.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Impact is officially booked for the Jericho tour! There's talk it'll be an ROH v. Impact theme, similar to the Lucha Underground v. Impact theme they successfully ran a few months ago.

It looks like their bridge building is paying off, too. They're bringing back Ishimori, who has since joined NJPW as the Bullet Club Bone Soldier, for Slammiversary. It'll be the first time NJPW and Impact have worked together in like a decade.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Impact is officially booked for the Jericho tour! There's talk it'll be an ROH v. Impact theme, similar to the Lucha Underground v. Impact theme they successfully ran a few months ago.

It looks like their bridge building is paying off, too. They're bringing back Ishimori, who has since joined NJPW as the Bullet Club Bone Soldier, for Slammiversary. It'll be the first time NJPW and Impact have worked together in like a decade.
    Where can one watch these promotions? WWE is really bland now.

Impact is on POP TV (former TV Guide channel). NJPW runs weekly on AXS TV (where it is voiced by Jim Ross and Josh Barnett). ROH airs on Sinclair network. You'll need to check your local listings to see if you get a channel that carries it (I don't).
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

RIP Vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    RIP Vader.

RIP.

V

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    RIP
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Shit

DeAngelo Williams is coming back to Impact. That's a great get. Dude put on the most impressive first-match debut I've ever seen at Slammiversary XV last year.

Watch some of it here: https://streamable.com/2rohi

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/02/deange...act-wrestling/
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

San Fran G1 Special is dope tonight. Anyone else watching? Jacked for Cody/Omega main event.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

According to Observer Radio, Takahashi broke his neck on that botched spot with Lee. Career could be over.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Holy shit, Slammiversary was incredible. Pentagon/Callihan was a legitimate five-star match. Sleep on Impact at your own loss.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Any good heel turns or new additions appear? That’s what I love to see.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Johnny Impact returned, as did Ishimori. Scarlett Bordeaux debuts this week.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    I have to ask, because I've never understood this wrestling thing - Do you watch it as a theatre or do you believe it is real and watch it as a fight? Like before a fight/show, are you thinking "damn, I wonder who is the best of these guys" or "Damn, I hope this will be a good show"?

Impact Wrestling, WWE, ROH, Indies, and More!

Both, in a way. Everyone understands it's scripted, but it's the story you are buying into in most cases, where the match becomes the theatre in which the story is played out. So you can both appreciate the overall logic of good versus evil, always aiming for triumph, and be in awe of the physical ability of the performers who put their bodies on the line to accomplish it.

In other words, "damn, I wonder who is going to go over between Pentagon and Callihan," and "whoever it is, I just hope they put on an incredible match," at the same time. Almost in tandem.

Make sense?

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

WWE announced its first ever all women’s PPV for October. The women’s division is becoming really good, a lot of great athletes
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Both, in a way. Everyone understands it's scripted, but it's the story you are buying into in most cases, where the match becomes the theatre in which the story is played out. So you can both appreciate the overall logic of good versus evil, always aiming for triumph, and be in awe of the physical ability of the performers who put their bodies on the line to accomplish it.

In other words, "damn, I wonder who is going to go over between Pentagon and Callihan," and "whoever it is, I just hope they put on an incredible match," at the same time. Almost in tandem.

Make sense?

Yeah makes sense. I guess I have to watch more then just some clips on youtube to understand the whole thing. It's a lot of "drama" going on outside of the cages aswell I guess?

I remember playing WWE when I was little not really knowing what it was. I always assumed it was real (because the games are real), so I was kinda let down when I realized it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    WWE announced its first ever all women’s PPV for October. The women’s division is becoming really good, a lot of great athletes
    How is Rousey doing? Haven't seen her since Nunes kicked her ass. Must be nice to get knocked out cold 2 times and losing your belt then just switch to a much safer "job" and earn a lot more money lol.

Impact Wrestling, WWE, ROH, Indies, and More!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yeah makes sense. I guess I have to watch more then just some clips on youtube to understand the whole thing. It's a lot of "drama" going on outside of the cages aswell I guess?

I remember playing WWE when I was little not really knowing what it was. I always assumed it was real (because the games are real), so I was kinda let down when I realized it wasn't.
    I mean, it's not for everyone, but I view it through the lens of theatre/scripted television. The same way you might watch The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones to see drama and simulated violence that isn't actually real but that you willingly suspend disbelief for applies here too. At least to me.

If you're comparing it to legitimate fight sports, it'll fall short, because it'll always look fake, but if you accept it for the spectacle, you can buy in, despite knowing it's "not real."

If you think you'd like it, give it a go. WWE has like fifty shows on a week. Though they're not my cup of tea. Impact airs on Pop TV, and NJPW (pound for pound the closest to fight sports you'll find) on AXS TV.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens