• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that “while not confirming he’ll be at Slammiversary, EC3 did post that he would be wrestling on 7/18. He’s widely expected to return here on that date.”

It appears that EC3 could feud with Moose should he sign with the promotion as Impact had played the theme song of the former TNA star after a match involving Moose on a recent episode of Impact.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/former-wwe-star-very-likely-headed-to-impact-wrestling/

--

They've also reportedly locked up the Good Brothers (Gallows and Anderson).

• 2 weeks later...
EC3 and Heath Slater both made appearances on the last Impact. I'm glad EC3 is back there after WWE did him dirty (again!). Hopefully Heath can become more than just a jobber, he definitely has a lot more to offer. Watching wrestling without fans really sucks, though, as I'm sure it sucks for them having to wrestle in front of no fans. Hopefully next year!

I haven't watched Impact in a long time. I might have to start again. They brought in Deonna Purrazzo for their already stacked women's division, so I'm happy about that. I still can't believe the rumors of WWE being interested in Tessa Blanchard, though. They are usually pretty staunch about bringing in overly outspoken people. We'll see.

Impact has done great work lately in reinventing themselves in the wake of having to literally cut Blanchard and Elgin out of their program just weeks before Slammiversary. If you get a chance, check out last night's episode. It's still odd — as are all the companys at the moment — due to the lack of a crowd, but there's energy and buzz there. Edwards cut a great promo that nailed the central point — they've achieved stability. They own their network. They simulcast on Twitch. They have a world champion who is under contract. The only champion not under contract is Purazzo, but she's said to be so easy to work with, and so trustworthy, that they're willing to take the risk (while they hammer a deal out).

WWE definitely did Deonna dirty, too, so good for her there. I'm also glad to see Eric Young back as well. I'm glad they are much more stable. The last few years have not been great, and I just stopped watching. So, if they are headed in the right direction, that's great. There was a time where I enjoyed Impact more than any WWE programming. Right now, WWE is solidly in third place now, it's pretty crazy. I haven't checked out NWA, so I can't comment on them.

I wouldn't know. I legitimately stopped watching or caring about anything happening at WWE years ago. I'm just glad Impact was able to pick up great workers and needle-movers like The Good Brothers.

AEW and Impact are the only companies that matter (to me). NWA is probably going to fold, and ROH is on the brink of death, too. They're certainly dead relative to their industry impact.

I wouldn't know. I legitimately stopped watching or caring about anything happening at WWE years ago. I'm just glad Impact was able to pick up great workers and needle-movers like The Good Brothers.

AEW and Impact are the only companies that matter (to me). NWA is probably going to fold, and ROH is on the brink of death, too. They're certainly dead relative to their industry impact.

You haven't missed much. WWE sucks hard with or without fans. I'm also glad that The Revival was able to get out of there too and head to AEW. Yet more top tier talent unbelievably (but not surprisingly) wasted by WWE.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Joseph Laurinaitis better known as Road Warrior Animal. He was 60-years-old. His cause of death is unknown at this time.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/23/wwe-legend-joseph-laurinitis-dead-at-60-road-warrior-animal/

WWE icon Joseph Laurinaitis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, died Tuesday night of natural causes ... TMZ Sports has confirmed. He was 60 years old.

Law enforcement tells us, the wrestling legend -- who was one half of the famous Road Warriors tag team -- passed away at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO.

We're told cops received a call at around 11:49 PM from Laurinaitis' wife ... but when deputies arrived on scene -- emergency personnel had already declared the ex-wrestler deceased.

Laurinaitis is considered one of the best in-ring performers of all-time -- he wrestled for most of his WWE career with Road Warrior Hawk and won multiple tag team championships as The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I remember awhile back reading that Bradley Cooper was going to be playing Vince McMahon in a biopic film. Is that ever going to happen? Obviously COVID had an affect on everything, but I don't see even see anything on his IMDB page about it ever starting pre-production. I am looking forward to the Hulk Hogan movie, though. Chris Hemsworth as The Hulkster I just have to see. lol

• Phil changed the title to WWE, AEW, Impact Wrestling, and More!