• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

• 2 months later...

Phil-leep,

I’ve been getting back into wrestling through podcasts. However, I listen to Conrad and Prichard and listen to nostalgic wwf stuff from the 80’s and 90s. I’ve seen Chris Jericho plugging AEW. What do you think of it? I can’t watch wwe because it’s too much talking, bad wrestling, horrible camera work with no big spots. But I loved tuna when it first started. What is AEW more comparable to?

Attitude era with blood wrestling is mediocre, really little storylines and a man is womens champ. They have some amazing matches but so many botches and too much of you hit your secondary finisher, came at me i hit mine and a back and forth, they've removed the importance of special moves

Phil-leep,

I’ve been getting back into wrestling through podcasts. However, I listen to Conrad and Prichard and listen to nostalgic wwf stuff from the 80’s and 90s. I’ve seen Chris Jericho plugging AEW. What do you think of it? I can’t watch wwe because it’s too much talking, bad wrestling, horrible camera work with no big spots. But I loved tuna when it first started. What is AEW more comparable to?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Phil-leep,

It's phenomenal. Reminds me of all the right things from TNA with the budget and throwback ambiance of WCW. The MJF-Cody story alone is worth tuning in.

It's tons of fun. I doubt you'll regret giving it a shot.

MJF is a tremendous heel. AEW is where it's at right now, they've lost some steam since starting, which was expected but has gained traction again. I was worried that they were going to give Cody the championship from the get go. Hoping Hardy comes aboard, would've been perfect for tomorrow's PPV but his WWE contract ends on Sunday.

Phil-leep,

WWE is bad right now,however NXT even though part of WWE is as good as AEW imo.HHH is running that flawlessly,Better matches, feuds that make sense and not too much talking.

Last I read was that they were trying desperately to resign him, putting him as the main guy on NXT

I mean, it's his call, ultimately. My guess is he can have all the creative freedom he wants in AEW, though, which he's simply not going to be awarded in WWE (or NXT).

I just don't think the difference between showing up on Saturday night when your contract expires Sunday morning is going to matter (to anyone).

Rhino returned to Impact Wrestling recently under similar circumstances. They had him wear a mask as he re-debuted to get around it, but all the reports after were that WWE had no interest in making a big stink of it.

Have you given AEW a go yet, Nik?

My kid has been in the PICU this week. He just came home today. My wife and I have some dvr to catch up on for the last week we were at the hospital, but after that, I plan to.

Is it on tnt on demand? Or do they have a network. Jake the Snake is an easy way to win me over. He still cuts the best promos in the business.