Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Showtime's 'Ray Donovan'

Senior Member Bantam Division cousin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alive View Post
    My biggest gripe with the show is the woman who plays Ray's wife. That horrible, over-done, BAHSTAN accent is absolutely intolerable.
    Paula Malcomson. I think she's hot. She was good in Dead Wood.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Shes pretty attractive for an older lady.. that accent is attrocious though. Also thinks she fits the role just fine. Theres definitely still something really one-dimensional about this show. Maybe it's just slow-moving.. I don't know.

Oh isn't she the same broad from SOA.. the irish one?
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post
    Shes pretty attractive for an older lady.. that accent is attrocious though. Also thinks she fits the role just fine. Theres definitely still something really one-dimensional about this show. Maybe it's just slow-moving.. I don't know.

Yeah it had potential but getting kind of stupid. Kind of a tony soprano want to be. Voight is good.

What is SOA?

Sons of anarchy.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Oh....never watched it.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post

Paula Malcomson, yes. Played the Maureen Ashby in Sons and Ray's wife in Ray Donovan.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Anyone else watching? One of my favorite shows on television right now. Nice to know I'll have at least one replacement for Sunday night programming when Dexter and Breaking Bad both end.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Great show, but I didn't watch last nights yet, as I was at work.

Yeah, same. Gotta wait for the wife. I'll be watching tonight.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just watched it... Fantastic. The trailer for next week got me psyched.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Yeah, I'm enjoying this show. Jon Voight's character makes me want to vomit, but that's kind of how I know they're doing a good job with the show...although Jon Voight makes me sick in general. Couldn't care less about either of Ray's brothers though.

I can't believe how fucking stupid that FBI Agent was to tell a convicted murderer that no one else knew about this case he was working. Wow.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Great show just watched last nights episode. Awesome. Voight is great and james woods is one of my favorite actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I can't believe how fucking stupid that FBI Agent was to tell a convicted murderer that no one else knew about this case he was working. Wow.
    I hated that rat faced prick. I was hoping Ray would have gotten him lol.

Also, how does ray run someone over in an S class with out there being ANY damage to the car? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I hated that rat faced prick. I was hoping Ray would have gotten him lol.

Also, how does ray run someone over in an S class with out there being ANY damage to the car? Lol
    I was just thinking similar. Not why there wasn't any damage, but why run over the guy in your own car? Didn't he just get done telling Sully that if you need a car or a gun in this town, he's the guy to go to? Do it in a fuckin' clunker!
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    This is one of those shows that it's best to not really question much. These details are why it will never be on the same par as some of it's HBO counterparts.

In that scene, Ray and the movie star are sitting in the car, facing the cameras. Assume they've got a good shot of them through the windshield and the car's plates. Then, as if there is no such thing as "recording" he comes out with the gas mask and destroys the cameras.

Also, he's over protective of his children, except when it comes to letting his son hang out with a degenerate, drug and sex addict movie star. That's OK.

Oh, and I know Mickey's been in the can a while, but presumably he's heard of "DNA". You know, that thing you might leave behind on the beer mug you were drinking from before you shot the FBI agent in the head. Oh, and regardless of who the agent told what, there has to be some one, some where who knows that the FBI agent got Mickey off for the priest's murder in order to turn him. They don't just do that sort of thing with a wink, a hand shake and no questions asked.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    This is one of those shows that it's best to not really question much. These details are why it will never be on the same par as some of it's HBO counterparts.

In that scene, Ray and the movie star are sitting in the car, facing the cameras. Assume they've got a good shot of them through the windshield and the car's plates. Then, as if there is no such thing as "recording" he comes out with the gas mask and destroys the cameras.

Also, he's over protective of his children, except when it comes to letting his son hang out with a degenerate, drug and sex addict movie star. That's OK.

Oh, and I know Mickey's been in the can a while, but presumably he's heard of "DNA". You know, that thing you might leave behind on the beer mug you were drinking from before you shot the FBI agent in the head. Oh, and regardless of who the agent told what, there has to be some one, some where who knows that the FBI agent got Mickey off for the priest's murder in order to turn him. They don't just do that sort of thing with a wink, a hand shake and no questions asked.
    All good points. The cameras in the lot were an obvious call wtf? LOL!!. I like Voight and Woods in these characters though.

Shit just got real.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Show is awesome.

Wow, great episode.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast