• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ray Donovan

Phil

Shes pretty attractive for an older lady.. that accent is attrocious though. Also thinks she fits the role just fine. Theres definitely still something really one-dimensional about this show. Maybe it's just slow-moving.. I don't know.

Oh isn't she the same broad from SOA.. the irish one?

Paula Malcomson, yes. Played the Maureen Ashby in Sons and Ray's wife in Ray Donovan.

• 1 month later...
I can't believe how fucking stupid that FBI Agent was to tell a convicted murderer that no one else knew about this case he was working. Wow.

I hated that rat faced prick. I was hoping Ray would have gotten him lol.

Also, how does ray run someone over in an S class with out there being ANY damage to the car? Lol

I hated that rat faced prick. I was hoping Ray would have gotten him lol.

Also, how does ray run someone over in an S class with out there being ANY damage to the car? Lol

I was just thinking similar. Not why there wasn't any damage, but why run over the guy in your own car? Didn't he just get done telling Sully that if you need a car or a gun in this town, he's the guy to go to? Do it in a fuckin' clunker!

This is one of those shows that it's best to not really question much. These details are why it will never be on the same par as some of it's HBO counterparts.

In that scene, Ray and the movie star are sitting in the car, facing the cameras. Assume they've got a good shot of them through the windshield and the car's plates. Then, as if there is no such thing as "recording" he comes out with the gas mask and destroys the cameras.

Also, he's over protective of his children, except when it comes to letting his son hang out with a degenerate, drug and sex addict movie star. That's OK.

Oh, and I know Mickey's been in the can a while, but presumably he's heard of "DNA". You know, that thing you might leave behind on the beer mug you were drinking from before you shot the FBI agent in the head. Oh, and regardless of who the agent told what, there has to be some one, some where who knows that the FBI agent got Mickey off for the priest's murder in order to turn him. They don't just do that sort of thing with a wink, a hand shake and no questions asked.

This is one of those shows that it's best to not really question much. These details are why it will never be on the same par as some of it's HBO counterparts.

In that scene, Ray and the movie star are sitting in the car, facing the cameras. Assume they've got a good shot of them through the windshield and the car's plates. Then, as if there is no such thing as "recording" he comes out with the gas mask and destroys the cameras.

Also, he's over protective of his children, except when it comes to letting his son hang out with a degenerate, drug and sex addict movie star. That's OK.

Oh, and I know Mickey's been in the can a while, but presumably he's heard of "DNA". You know, that thing you might leave behind on the beer mug you were drinking from before you shot the FBI agent in the head. Oh, and regardless of who the agent told what, there has to be some one, some where who knows that the FBI agent got Mickey off for the priest's murder in order to turn him. They don't just do that sort of thing with a wink, a hand shake and no questions asked.

All good points. The cameras in the lot were an obvious call wtf? LOL!!. I like Voight and Woods in these characters though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really loved the finale as well, but I didn't mind the five minutes on the beach. The symbolism of him finally getting his family back was palpable.

Mickey shooting Sully in the head was great, too. I could see that happening a mile away, but it didn't make it any less awesome.

• 9 months later...

I liked the premiere as an episode, but it didn't feel like a premiere — it felt like it should have been four or five weeks into this season.

You can see the writing on the wall early, though — Ray is becoming his father, and his son is becoming him, despite every effort from Ray to have that never happen.

• 3 weeks later...