Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    The Constitution has processes for Amendments. That's how you update it.
    Not so long as the NRA lobbyists stand in the way... for now.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    So, why is it that assault rifles should be accesible to the general public again?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Not so long as the NRA lobbyists stand in the way... for now.
    The NRA's lobbying ability has always been overrated. They don't spend any more than most other major lobbies. The reality is that enough of the population is against gun control measures that it's a hot potato issue that politicians, especially on the right, do not want to deal with.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    The NRA's lobbying ability has always been overrated. They don't spend any more than most other major lobbies. The reality is that enough of the population is against gun control measures that it's a hot potato issue that politicians, especially on the right, do not want to deal with.
    It's because of people claiming they "need" assault rifles to "defend their homes" and they "have the right to bear arms".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    So, why is it that assault rifles should be accesible to the general public again?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    It's because of people claiming they "need" assault rifles to "defend their homes" and they "have the right to bear arms".
    That's one think I never really understood. How come all these people are so patriotic, USA the best and all, but actually fear and hate their government so much that they would buy a tank if they could afford it?

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    All guns were purchased legally and were owned by Ryan Lanza, the murderer.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    That's one think I never really understood. How come all these people are so patriotic, USA the best and all, but actually fear and hate their government so much that they would buy a tank if they could afford it?
    Because the principles our country was founded on didn't involve a huge government, like we have now
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Because the principles our country was founded on didn't involve a huge government, like we have now
    But a lot of pride is found in the actions and might of the US armed forces, who have always been an extension of the government and are currently among the governments biggest financial investments. The "big government" fear is not rational.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    But a lot of pride is found in the actions and might of the US armed forces, who have always been an extension of the government and are currently among the governments biggest financial investments. The "big government" fear is not rational.
    Military in the government is a given
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    All guns were purchased legally and were owned by Ryan Lanza, the murderer.
    Once again — PSYCH EVALUATIONS. Numerous hurdles before purchase.

The idea you can go online, visit a site, no registration or background check required, and have any weapon, regardless of grade, shipped to your fucking home is absurd.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Once again — PSYCH EVALUATIONS. Numerous hurdles before purchase.

The idea you can go online, visit a site, no registration or background check required, and have any weapon, regardless of grade, shipped to your fucking home is absurd.
    What happens when I buy a gun tomorrow and pass all the psych evals but then lose my mind next week and walk into work Tony Montana style?

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    What happens when I buy a gun tomorrow and pass all the psych evals but then lose my mind next week and walk into work Tony Montana style?
    Exactly

Those things happen, even without guns you can't prevent them all, but at least you can take measures to prevent as much as possible.

You shouldn't be able to go anywhere and buy a gun tomorrow. Anywhere. Not in New York, New Mexico, Alaska, or any internet site, be they based in the U.S. or not. No where. There should be numerous hurdles in front of you, including a mandated psychological evaluation, first and foremost, as well as a full background check and references from your neighbors, friends and family.

This won't stop all gun violence, but it will drastically reduce the potential of it happening as often as it is IMO.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

You shouldn't be able to go anywhere and buy a gun tomorrow. Anywhere. Not in New York, New Mexico, Alaska, or any internet site, be they based in the U.S. or not. No where. There should be numerous hurdles in front of you, including a mandated psychological evaluation, first and foremost, as well as a full background check and references from your neighbors, friends and family.
    You're missing the point. What happens when I pass the hurdles and then just snap a few years later?

You rarely hear the term "handgun" and "massacre" in the same sentence. It's the assault rifles, that some people claim are necessary to have, that are involved.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    This. Psych evaluations only go so far. You can lose your mind at any time.

I don't understand the fascination with guns. Shooting them, owning them. I just don't get it. My own personal belief for gun control is strict as fuck. I've never fired a real gun and never had the desire to. I've been offered to go to the gun range, but never wanted to. I've played paintball, airsoft, shot bb guns, but past that I don't get it. And why assault type weapons? What is wrong with a single fire weapon? Do I need to fire a gun to understand?
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

You're missing the point. What happens when I pass the hurdles and then just snap a few years later?

You rarely hear the term "handgun" and "massacre" in the same sentence. It's the assault rifles, that some people claim are necessary to have, that are involved.
    Then institute yearly exams. Paid for out of pocket by gun owners. I don't think you understand that I would fully support almost any hurdle you offer to try and limit gun violence — right up to but not including the ban of ammunition or gun ownership outright for non-criminal citizens.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    This. Psych evaluations only go so far. You can lose your mind at any time.

I don't understand the fascination with guns. Shooting them, owning them. I just don't get it. My own personal belief for gun control is strict as fuck. I've never fired a real gun and never had the desire to. I've been offered to go to the gun range, but never wanted to. I've played paintball, airsoft, shot bb guns, but past that I don't get it. And why assault type weapons? What is wrong with a single fire weapon? Do I need to fire a gun to understand?
    Well that's sort of another topic for another day. The American media and Hollywood fascination with gun violence and ultra violence most certainly plays a part. Just look at the record sales for Black Ops II for proof of that.

As to why an assault weapon? See post #45.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Then institute yearly exams. Paid for out of pocket by gun owners. I don't think you understand that I would fully support almost any hurdle you offer to try and limit gun violence — right up to but not including the ban of ammunition or gun ownership outright for non-criminal citizens.
    Still, who needs an assault rifle? And for what? Hunting deer? No one should own something like that, except the military, no one.

Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast