Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    No problem with this.

Well regulated. That's where we are failing. Not in the types of guns, but who has them and why.
    This.

I'm also in favor of biometric "passwords" for guns so that a lawfully owned gun can not fire except for it's owner. And I don't care how much that raises the cost.
    Judge Dredd shit.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    I'm also in favor of biometric "passwords" for guns so that a lawfully owned gun can not fire except for it's owner. And I don't care how much that raises the cost.
    Does the tech actually exist?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    They need to quadruple the screening process.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    As well it should be, and remain, but that says nothing of the ease to acquire these weapons. The issue is with the process of doing so, not the physical ownership of any specific grade weapon.
    But then its no longer a right, but a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    How so? You have the right to vote, but you still have to register. You still have to vote in your polling district, and you still have to be of age, and cannot sell your vote, etc. etc.

Restrictions do not make it any less a right. Every citizen born here should have the right to own arms, if they choose to, but that right is not without condition, or shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by kxvin View Post
    Absolutely. Hell, add waiting periods. Make someone wait 90 days or longer before they can even pick up the weapon they are purchasing.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kxvin View Post
    It won't make a difference. The fucked up, jerkoff scumbags will find a way to pull off whatever chaos and tragedy they have planned to cause.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Does the tech actually exist?
    Don't know, but if it was a priority then I can't see how it couldn't. I mean, if you can log into your PC with your fingerprint, then you can unsafety a weapon with one.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    It won't make a difference. The fucked up, jerkoff scumbags will find a way to pull off whatever chaos and tragedy they have planned to cause.
    You could argue that if they're that devoted, they'd find a way regardless.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I honestly never knew how easy anyone could go get an assault rifle.

Unfortunately, our 225 year old govt classifies as bearing arms as a right.
    This is why I get so upset and infuriated with the folks who treat the constitution of this nation as some untouchable holy grail.

America and the world is fluid, that was America two and a quarter centuries ago. The constitition does not need to be shredded, but we can upgrade to the world we live in today and not the one that wealthy slave owning men in wigs and tights lived in.

Don't know, but if it was a priority then I can't see how it couldn't. I mean, if you can log into your PC with your fingerprint, then you can unsafety a weapon with one.
    Technically speaking, sure, but that's a whole other can of worms when you talk about how to regulate arms produced prior to the tech coming into play. What do you do with the Kalashnikov from 1986 that was produced decades before the tech came onto the scene?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    How about making ammo (gunpowder) a controlled substance? Would that violate our "right to bear arms"?

Quote Originally Posted by I am Scags View Post
    This is why I get so upset and infuriated with the folks who treat the constitution of this nation as some untouchable holy grail.

America and the world is fluid, that was America two and a quarter centuries ago. The constitition does not need to be shredded, but we can upgrade to the world we live in today and not the one that wealthy slave owning men in wigs and tights lived in.
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    There are many Americans in mental wards. Freedom is a right, but apparently not when you aren't mentally fit. Why does that not apply to gun ownership?

You can still walk streets, contrary to others. Don't see the issue.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraDude View Post
    How about making ammo (gunpowder) a controlled substance? Would that violate our "right to bear arms"?
    Ammo sales should be limited, yes. Not have it laying around at stores that don't sell guns, for starters.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraDude View Post
    It should be, above a specific number. I mentioned this a while ago when we were discussing the ban on volume coming out of the Aurora shootings. No one needs 100,000 rounds. No one.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Marc's Avatar
    An Englishman in Oyster Bay, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    you are totally right, but do we have to make it so easy for them? Lets do more to make it much harder, lets at least bring the number down

From the Richard Dawkins' Facebook page:

NRA policy should not be a form of religion, exempt from evidence.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Scags View Post

The Constitution has processes for Amendments. That's how you update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    You could argue that if they're that devoted, they'd find a way regardless.
    One could argue that long range and body armor can make it easier for people to do things like this. I know plenty of folks that would shoot someone but wouldn't look someone in the eye and cut their throat.

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast