Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,296 of 2296

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Murderers should all face the death penalty.

Anti Semite / Semitism alone as despicable as it is not in of itself a reason to confiscate guns or prosecute (for what???) Should his rants have flagged law enforcement to investigate and THEN decide if he is a risk to fomenting violence and either remove guns from his possession or at least surveil? Yes
    Right, so like I said...thorough background checks and making it harder for people to possess guns.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Murderers should all face the death penalty.

Anti Semite / Semitism alone as despicable as it is not in of itself a reason to confiscate guns or prosecute (for what???) Should his rants have flagged law enforcement to investigate and THEN decide if he is a risk to fomenting violence and either remove guns from his possession or at least surveil? Yes
    Right, so like I said...thorough background checks and making it harder for people to possess guns.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    When did he purchase the guns in relation to his social media postings?

Getting close to infringing on free speech. Are all anti-Semites or racists or whoever murders? Better not express your views, you'll discriminated against.

If someone is threatening to kill people, they should be prosecuted for that. That's not a gun issue.
    Free speech isn't part of this issue. If you you say you hate all Jews and wish them gone, that shouldn't land you in jail. It should absolutely keep you fro having a gun. Therefore, it is a gun issue.
    Last edited by Pete; 10-30-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    What? All I'm saying is that raw numbers don't mean anything when the populations are so different. We wouldn't compare South Carolina to the 50 States as a whole, based on total numbers.

If Zuuucccccc referenced gun deaths per capita, population wouldn't come up.
    There was actually recently a murder here (yes, every murder is written about in the news) so there came some "interesting" info recently.

Since 2008 it's been killed (not only by guns, but kills in total) 332 people in Norway. That's the same as 20750 kills in the US. This was the last 10 years, included the 22 july massacre aswell - which accounts for ~4800 of those. Compared to the 12k killed in US just THIS year, that's some ugly "stats".

One interesting note is that last year 60% of the murders was with a knife.

Also in 86% of the cases there was some relations with the murderer and the victim. Without any numbers or fact to back it up, I feel that's maybe the worst problem in the US. Too many randomly and multiple murders - and that's alot harder without a gun.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    There was actually recently a murder here (yes, every murder is written about in the news) so there came some "interesting" info recently.

Since 2008 it's been killed (not only by guns, but kills in total) 332 people in Norway. That's the same as 20750 kills in the US. This was the last 10 years, included the 22 july massacre aswell - which accounts for ~4800 of those. Compared to the 12k killed in US just THIS year, that's some ugly "stats".

One interesting note is that last year 60% of the murders was with a knife.

Also in 86% of the cases there was some relations with the murderer and the victim. Without any numbers or fact to back it up, I feel that's maybe the worst problem in the US. Too many randomly and multiple murders - and that's alot harder without a gun.
    Depends on how you classify something as random. The Vegas and Colorado theatre shooting were random. But most school shootings are not, same with gang violence, and drug related crimes. And then the people on/off their meds snapping on co-workers or road rage.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Squirt Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you you say you hate all Jews and wish them gone, that shouldn't land you in jail. It should absolutely keep you fro having a gun. Therefore, it is a gun issue.
    That's ridiculous

HNIC BSBH Legend
    That's ridiculous
    Explain what's ridiculous about it, Chief.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    If I hate all left handed carpenters should I be banned from owning a firearm? What about call center employees? Bureaucrats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If I hate all left handed carpenters should I be banned from owning a firearm? What about call center employees? Bureaucrats?
    Well, I think Pete believe everyone should be banned from owning a firearm.

When something like this happens, it's just another incident used to push that agenda.

You can't say anything these days. Not that I condone him for spewing hateful messages, but you could say "I love puppies" and people will be pissed off, and say you can't own a gun, and blame Trump.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Slippery slope is slippery.

In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

I'm not sure if that's the case here.
    Last edited by Dunny; 11-02-2018 at 04:51 PM.

I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I mean guys, if you think known racists and/or anti-semites should own guns, then I don't know what to tell you.

IMO, you guys just sound like you're spinning so you can keep your guns.

I mean if a black guy went and mass murdered some white folks with a stock pile of legal guns, and y'all found out he was a known Black Panther, I'm sure you wouldn't question his right to own a gun, at all.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.
    Or what he said. ^

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.
    That's fine. Rather safe than sorry. I'd rather live in a world where the government and agencies or even local shops are sued for failing to issue a gun license based on "discrimination" than one where we give fucking anyone a weapon because they want one.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect

The Gun Control Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    In this example the gun has nothing to do with it. It should have been addressed before

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Puck Head; 11-03-2018 at 02:21 PM.

These people should be institutionalized in asylums.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Free speech isn't part of this issue. If you you say you hate all Jews and wish them gone, that shouldn't land you in jail. It should absolutely keep you fro having a gun. Therefore, it is a gun issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Guys, threatening people with violence is a crime. It should land someone in jail, which would take away the right to own a gun, as well as cause them to forfeit any guns they already owns (at least in the short term). Its quite clear this piece of shit was intent on killing people. Would have happened with or without guns. How would you stop him from driving a truck through the congregation as they left the service?