Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2296

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Thanks, I carry all pistols and wish they would let me get a revolver to carry as a second piece because I have had malfunctions with my gun, and I keep my guns clean and use very good ammo. It happens every once in a while. I have dealt with hundreds of guns from off the streets, and a lot of them are very scary because people don't take care of them. As a trained person, you don't empty your firearm into someone, you shoot to stop the threat. In a home invasion, if there is more than 1 perp, and his buddy gets shot, they aren't going to keep advancing on you, they are going to run. Ive been to many home invasions, and once someone starts fighting back with a weapon, they usually run. We had one victim stab 1 out of 3 perps pretty badly, and they all took off. A ton of blood in the apartment, down 5 flights of stairs, and down the sidewalk and into a car.
    What do you carry?

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What do you carry?
    I have Glocks for my service and off duty. I used to have a Kahr but the department messed it up so we weren't allowed to carry it anymore. They are having issues with the Smith & Wessons because they changed the company and now make them someplace else, and they keep breaking, so we heard they may be getting rid of them soon. Smith isn't what it used to be.

Was it Glock you've experienced malfunctions with or S&W? I have 3 Glocks of my own and am on my second Glock duty weapon. Probably shot close to 15k rounds through them total and when using factory ammo and Glock magazines I can count the number of times the gun malfunctioned (so not including bad primers) on one hand. If one were to debate the chances the you need more the 6-8 rounds in your revolver versus the chances my Glock fails, I'd rather have the ammo. But again comes down to practicing perishable skills. Shoot to stop the threat is right. In my house that means until bad guy falls down or runs away. If bad guy presents a weapon, I can get a lot of rounds off before one of those two things happen.

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I have Glocks for my service and off duty. I used to have a Kahr but the department messed it up so we weren't allowed to carry it anymore. They are having issues with the Smith & Wessons because they changed the company and now make them someplace else, and they keep breaking, so we heard they may be getting rid of them soon. Smith isn't what it used to be.
    Does your department allow CZís?
    If so, look in to CZ P-01 compact with rail, almost same size as G19.
    Its a workhorse, but its also DA/SA. Not sure if you are into that.

If you want to try it out, let me know.
    Rebuild Mode.

Was it Glock you've experienced malfunctions with or S&W? I have 3 Glocks of my own and am on my second Glock duty weapon. Probably shot close to 15k rounds through them total and when using factory ammo and Glock magazines I can count the number of times the gun malfunctioned (so not including bad primers) on one hand. If one were to debate the chances the you need more the 6-8 rounds in your revolver versus the chances my Glock fails, I'd rather have the ammo. But again comes down to practicing perishable skills. Shoot to stop the threat is right. In my house that means until bad guy falls down or runs away. If bad guy presents a weapon, I can get a lot of rounds off before one of those two things happen.
    I’ve had my glock have a phase 1 a couple of times. All guns can have a phase 1, it’s not uncommon. But we also are trained on how to clear them. Smiths and Sigs have a lot of issues too and have more phase 2 malfunctions.

Are you really going to unload more than 6 rounds in your house? And again, most home invasions are planned. Very rarely is a home invasion done on a completely innocent person. Most of them are either drug or money related. And you take 1 shot at someone, th y aren’t going to keep advancing you, they are gonna run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Does your department allow CZ’s?
    If so, look in to CZ P-01 compact with rail, almost same size as G19.
    Its a workhorse, but its also DA/SA. Not sure if you are into that.

If you want to try it out, let me know.
    We are only allowed to carry certain ones, and they have to meet my departments specs. My department ruins guns because of the trigger pull they have.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Can someone shoot Gilmour ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    Can someone shoot Gilmour ?
    Lmao.. and here I though someone wanting his face punched was bad.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    There have been 47,220 gun incidents in the U.S. in 2018
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...of2&yptr=yahoo

In 2018 alone, including the most recent carnage at a synagogue in Pittsburgh, there have been 47,220 gun-related incidents resulting in 11,984 deaths in the United States, according to data compiled by Gun Violence Archive, an independent data-collection and research group.
    That breaks down to 157 incidents and 40 deaths a day and does not include 22,000 suicides. Of the total fatalities, 548 were children, while 2,321 were teenagers.

GVA defines gun incidents as all types of shootings, including officer involved, accidental, children shooting themselves, murders, armed robberies, mass shootings, home Invasions and drivebys.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Without any facts whatsoever - Im pretty sure that number (11,984 deaths) is waaay higher then the amount of persons killed in norway by a gun in history (exluded WW2). I even think US averages more gun deaths a day than Norway does a year.

Its been killed 12 THOUSAND people in your country just THIS YEAR, and people are still too proud/stubborn to regulate the gun laws. Jesus.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Without any facts whatsoever - Im pretty sure that number (11,984 deaths) is waaay higher then the amount of persons killed in norway by a gun in history (exluded WW2). I even think US averages more gun deaths a day than Norway does a year.

Its been killed 12 THOUSAND people in your country just THIS YEAR, and people are still too proud/stubborn to regulate the gun laws. Jesus.
    Well considering the fact that the US has like 65x as many people that number makes sense...

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Well considering the fact that the US has like 65x as many people that number makes sense...
    And you have no problem accepting this as a justification for that fact?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I think he was simply stating the obvious, that you canít compare gross numbers of each country.
    That being said, the US still has approx 5x the gin deaths per capita than a country like Norway.
    But its almost impossible to compare two countries such as this when discussing crime statistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm fine with getting the US population down to 5.5m. (not by means of unnecessary gun violence)

The liberal caravan to Canada never came to fruition, unfortunately

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Or fortunately, depending on your outlook.

Moderator Junior Division
    What? All I'm saying is that raw numbers don't mean anything when the populations are so different. We wouldn't compare South Carolina to the 50 States as a whole, based on total numbers.

If Zuuucccccc referenced gun deaths per capita, population wouldn't come up.

Interesting chart. Curious why there is no mention of percentages related to gang violence.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    What? All I'm saying is that raw numbers don't mean anything when the populations are so different. We wouldn't compare South Carolina to the 50 States as a whole, based on total numbers.

If Zuuucccccc referenced gun deaths per capita, population wouldn't come up.
    My bad. It read dismissively to me, which is why I reacted that way.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Interesting chart. Curious why there is no mention of percentages related to gang violence.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why does it matter?
    because we dont see 'gun control vs gun violence' the same way.

joshism-
    I like marriage, but not domestic violence.
    ending marriage wont end domestic violence.