Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,296 of 2296

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

  1. #2281
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If I hate all left handed carpenters should I be banned from owning a firearm? What about call center employees? Bureaucrats?
    Slippery slope is slippery.

  2. #2282
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

    I'm not sure if that's the case here.
    Last edited by Dunny; 11-02-2018 at 05:51 PM.

  3. #2283
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,538
    Rep Power
    267
    I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  4. #2284
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

    I'm not sure if that's the case here.
    If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

    When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.

  5. #2285
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,680
    Rep Power
    490
    I mean guys, if you think known racists and/or anti-semites should own guns, then I don't know what to tell you.

    IMO, you guys just sound like you're spinning so you can keep your guns.

    I mean if a black guy went and mass murdered some white folks with a stock pile of legal guns, and y'all found out he was a known Black Panther, I'm sure you wouldn't question his right to own a gun, at all.

  6. #2286
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,680
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

    When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.
    Or what he said. ^

  7. #2287
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,587
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.
    That's fine. Rather safe than sorry. I'd rather live in a world where the government and agencies or even local shops are sued for failing to issue a gun license based on "discrimination" than one where we give fucking anyone a weapon because they want one.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #2288
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,587
    Rep Power
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

    I'm not sure if that's the case here.
    This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #2289
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,783
    Rep Power
    131

    The Gun Control Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    In this example the gun has nothing to do with it. It should have been addressed before


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Puck Head; 11-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.

  10. #2290
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,259
    Rep Power
    269
    These people should be institutionalized in asylums.

  11. #2291
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Free speech isn't part of this issue. If you you say you hate all Jews and wish them gone, that shouldn't land you in jail. It should absolutely keep you fro having a gun. Therefore, it is a gun issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    Guys, threatening people with violence is a crime. It should land someone in jail, which would take away the right to own a gun, as well as cause them to forfeit any guns they already owns (at least in the short term). Its quite clear this piece of shit was intent on killing people. Would have happened with or without guns. How would you stop him from driving a truck through the congregation as they left the service?

  12. #2292
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,538
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I mean guys, if you think known racists and/or anti-semites should own guns, then I don't know what to tell you.

    IMO, you guys just sound like you're spinning so you can keep your guns.

    I mean if a black guy went and mass murdered some white folks with a stock pile of legal guns, and y'all found out he was a known Black Panther, I'm sure you wouldn't question his right to own a gun, at all.
    Gangs Violence is a huge issue. Convicted criminals shouldn’t have guns.

    I’m for harsher punishments for all crimes. Especially violent crimes and repeat offenders.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  13. #2293
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,680
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Guys, threatening people with violence is a crime. It should land someone in jail, which would take away the right to own a gun, as well as cause them to forfeit any guns they already owns (at least in the short term). Its quite clear this piece of shit was intent on killing people. Would have happened with or without guns. How would you stop him from driving a truck through the congregation as they left the service?
    Let's step back from your default argument of "he would have done this anyway" because that's not a fact, it's speculation. It also doesn't mean we should make it easier for him by allowing him guns.

    Making a direct threat towards a person is a crime.

    Saying Jews should be wiped off the planet isn't a crime.

    The first will get legal action, the second should get your guns taken away in 2018, because it's not 1791 and he's not part of the militia.

  14. #2294
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,680
    Rep Power
    490
    "There's a kike infestation in this country."

    Yes, this man surely had the right to bear arms.

  15. #2295
    Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

    Making a direct threat towards a person is a crime.

    Saying Jews should be wiped off the planet isn't a crime.

    The first will get legal action, the second should get your guns taken away
    That's totally ass backwards. A direct threat should get the law in your junk BIG time to determine if you're just an idiot or really a risk to hurt someone. Then the next step is does this person need to be kept away from guns or if a crime is actually committed and the person convicted will automatically prevent them from LEGAL gun ownership

    SAYING something stupid should start that process not be the end of it

  16. #2296
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,680
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    That's totally ass backwards. A direct threat should get the law in your junk BIG time to determine if you're just an idiot or really a risk to hurt someone. Then the next step is does this person need to be kept away from guns or if a crime is actually committed and the person convicted will automatically prevent them from LEGAL gun ownership

    SAYING something stupid should start that process not be the end of it
    Just see the other post you conveniently skipped over when quoting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •