Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,296 of 2296

Thread: The Gun Control Debate

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If I hate all left handed carpenters should I be banned from owning a firearm? What about call center employees? Bureaucrats?
    Slippery slope is slippery.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

I'm not sure if that's the case here.
    Last edited by Dunny; 11-02-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    In Petes defence, if this guy was threatening violence to said group, then I'd have to say he maybe shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I mean guys, if you think known racists and/or anti-semites should own guns, then I don't know what to tell you.

IMO, you guys just sound like you're spinning so you can keep your guns.

I mean if a black guy went and mass murdered some white folks with a stock pile of legal guns, and y'all found out he was a known Black Panther, I'm sure you wouldn't question his right to own a gun, at all.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    If it wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at Pete's notion that someone who hates an entire race of people and voices that hate shouldn't have a gun. It's that somehow that would lead to someone losing their firearms because they say they "hate call center employees".

When we read about people hating whole races of people, the sane majority of us label them as either A) mental, or B) innately evil. Neither of whom should own firearms. Time to evolve as a society as far as that is concerned.
    Or what he said. ^

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I'm fine with denying these guys. But it's a slippery slope. You deny a certain person and you get sued.
    That's fine. Rather safe than sorry. I'd rather live in a world where the government and agencies or even local shops are sued for failing to issue a gun license based on "discrimination" than one where we give fucking anyone a weapon because they want one.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect

The Gun Control Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This guy had a long history of threatening the lives of people online. He told some woman to "hug her family tight" every time she left her home. Fuck his "right" to own a gun.
    In this example the gun has nothing to do with it. It should have been addressed before

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Puck Head; 11-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    These people should be institutionalized in asylums.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Free speech isn't part of this issue. If you you say you hate all Jews and wish them gone, that shouldn't land you in jail. It should absolutely keep you fro having a gun. Therefore, it is a gun issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Guys, threatening people with violence is a crime. It should land someone in jail, which would take away the right to own a gun, as well as cause them to forfeit any guns they already owns (at least in the short term). Its quite clear this piece of shit was intent on killing people. Would have happened with or without guns. How would you stop him from driving a truck through the congregation as they left the service?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I mean guys, if you think known racists and/or anti-semites should own guns, then I don't know what to tell you.

IMO, you guys just sound like you're spinning so you can keep your guns.

I mean if a black guy went and mass murdered some white folks with a stock pile of legal guns, and y'all found out he was a known Black Panther, I'm sure you wouldn't question his right to own a gun, at all.
    Gangs Violence is a huge issue. Convicted criminals shouldn’t have guns.

I’m for harsher punishments for all crimes. Especially violent crimes and repeat offenders.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Guys, threatening people with violence is a crime. It should land someone in jail, which would take away the right to own a gun, as well as cause them to forfeit any guns they already owns (at least in the short term). Its quite clear this piece of shit was intent on killing people. Would have happened with or without guns. How would you stop him from driving a truck through the congregation as they left the service?
    Let's step back from your default argument of "he would have done this anyway" because that's not a fact, it's speculation. It also doesn't mean we should make it easier for him by allowing him guns.

Making a direct threat towards a person is a crime.

Saying Jews should be wiped off the planet isn't a crime.

The first will get legal action, the second should get your guns taken away in 2018, because it's not 1791 and he's not part of the militia.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    "There's a kike infestation in this country."

Yes, this man surely had the right to bear arms.

Senior Member Mite Division NY Chief's Avatar

Making a direct threat towards a person is a crime.

Saying Jews should be wiped off the planet isn't a crime.

The first will get legal action, the second should get your guns taken away
    That's totally ass backwards. A direct threat should get the law in your junk BIG time to determine if you're just an idiot or really a risk to hurt someone. Then the next step is does this person need to be kept away from guns or if a crime is actually committed and the person convicted will automatically prevent them from LEGAL gun ownership

SAYING something stupid should start that process not be the end of it

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    That's totally ass backwards. A direct threat should get the law in your junk BIG time to determine if you're just an idiot or really a risk to hurt someone. Then the next step is does this person need to be kept away from guns or if a crime is actually committed and the person convicted will automatically prevent them from LEGAL gun ownership

SAYING something stupid should start that process not be the end of it
    Just see the other post you conveniently skipped over when quoting.