Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    More Bates (and Anthony) Battaglia drunk interviews!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Member Mite Division stevejrogers's Avatar
    Any good Ranger ones besides Blueshirt Underground?

Quote Originally Posted by stevejrogers View Post
    Any good Ranger ones besides Blueshirt Underground?
    There really aren't any good Rangers centric ones anymore. NYRangerscast did a good one for a while, but Steve Gelbs left to work for MSG and it eventually just went away with no warning.

Most of the bigger 'casts cover the Rangers in their general NHL discussions though — Marek v. Wyshynski, Backhand Shelf, Hockey Central @ Noon, ESPN: Hockey Today, Hockey Night in Canada with Rob Pizzo, etc.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just sent this bad boy to the BShelf boys. Think they read it?

I've long thought you guys don't really watch Rangers games, or at the very least rarely do, but based on your discussion on the Rangers and Brad Richards from the 5/13 podcast, I'm as convinced as ever that this is exactly the case, because anyone who has actually watched the Rangers this year and not just based all their claims on NHL Tonight highlights or YouTube clips could tell you that Richards looks nothing like the player of old. He's slow to every puck (not that he was ever fleet of foot), is a turnover machine and couldn't score with a fist full of fifties in a five cent whore house. You can say it's insane for Torts to be playing him on the fourth line, but you sound like someone who isn't actually watching games when you do so, because the only thing insane here is the idea of ignoring reality to play players based on salary, because right now Brassard is absolutely better than Brad Richards.

Brassard since joining the Rangers: 5-6-11 in 13 regular season games (0.9 P/G pace) and 2-5-7 in 6 playoff games (1.1 P/G pace)
    Richards on the Rangers this year: 11-23-34 in 46 regular season games (0.7 P/G pace) and 1-01 in 6 playoff games (0.2 P/G pace)

Oh, and this also says nothing to the fact that Richards happened to score 15 of those 34 points in the month of April alone. January-March? 5-13-18 in 32 games — a 0.5 P/G pace.

But yeah, you're right — Torts is a moron for not playing him on the first line since he's being paid $12M this year.

I look forward to your highlight reel-based retort on tomorrow's podcast though!

- Phil
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Great email. I found it ridiculous they were criticizing Torts for not playing Richards more.

In less words, they failed to actually have knowledge on the subject and failed to realize that he actually hurts the team the more he plays.

Yes, ideally a player like Richards should contribute and should be important, but he's played himself out of that job very legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    There really aren't any good Rangers centric ones anymore. NYRangerscast did a good one for a while, but Steve Gelbs left to work for MSG and it eventually just went away with no warning.

Most of the bigger 'casts cover the Rangers in their general NHL discussions though — Marek v. Wyshynski, Backhand Shelf, Hockey Central @ Noon, ESPN: Hockey Today, Hockey Night in Canada with Rob Pizzo, etc.
    Not a fan of Blueshirts Underground? Or is that just how I took your comment about any good Ranger centric ones (besides them).

That, what happened with RangersCast, is one of the annoying things about podcasts. When they just disappear without warning. Not saying people don't have legit reasons, but at least give your listeners a heads up that the show is no more. Either a quick posting on the feed, or some message on the website the show is/was hosted on, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stevejrogers View Post
    Not a fan of Blueshirts Underground? Or is that just how I took your comment about any good Ranger centric ones (besides them).

That, what happened with RangersCast, is one of the annoying things about podcasts. When they just disappear without warning. Not saying people don't have legit reasons, but at least give your listeners a heads up that the show is no more. Either a quick posting on the feed, or some message on the website the show is/was hosted on, etc.
    I've never actually listened to Blueshirts Underground. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I agree otherwise though. Was really aggravating when NYRangerscast just quit.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I've never actually listened to Blueshirts Underground. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I agree otherwise though. Was really aggravating when NYRangerscast just quit.
    Just started listening myself. Seems pretty good and they've been around for a while now.

Not a big fan of BlogTalkRadio's formats (their host) and wanted to find something a little more free form with some production values (ala the Kevin Smith pods listed earlier in the thread as a good example).

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    This is the worst podcast ever.
    Worse than Kevin Smith's Puck Nuts that kept getting derailed by a non-hockey fan who always said no one cares about hockey stats and in-depth hockey discussion on a hockey podcast?

I CANNOT, CANNOT, CANNOT wait to hear Leafs Central at Noon tomorrow.

Oh, and, FUCK YOU, JAKE GOLDSBIE, YOU KNOW NOTHING PIECE OF SHIT.

I can't wait for BShelf today. What up now, Rangers haters?
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post

Same, man. Mac's been on our side! He'll be pumped.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post

Ask him what Phaneuf's Corsi was last night.

It's funeral time at the Backhand Shelf!

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...eafs-and-more/
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Goldsbie sounds so defeated

Ten straight minutes of non-stop Leafpocalypse right now.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

This is like a therapy session.

20:00... still Leafspocalypse!
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

And like 2 minutes of Rangers talk. Nice.

And they're Still not giving them credit.

And they didn't read my email either.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast