Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Podcasts

I recently started to get back into listening to podcasts (helps kill time at work) — what podcasts do you listen to?

Right now I've just got Real Time with Bill Maher, Marek v. Wyshynski, The Hockey News and ESPN's Hockey Today.

Anything else worth listening to?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Smodcast, Kevin Smith's comic/hockey/life podcast. Funny shit.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Marek vs. Wyshinski thanks to CC and also TWiT.tv podcasts

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Monday Morning Podcast by Bill Burr is funny, as is Talking Shit With Jim Jefferies and Eddie Ifft. Also My Wife Hates Me by Rich Bos and Bonnie Mcfarlane. Some is NSFW, but all are very funny. Joe Rogans is good as well as is Smodcast as Mr Smith said.

Senior Member Midget Division
    -Bill Burr's MMPC is definitely the best one.
    -Jay Mohr's "Mohr Stories".
    -Joe Rogan's is usually pretty interesting, but they can be a lot to keep up with.
    -Greg Fitzsimmons' can be good depending on the guest.
    -Robert Kelly's "You Know What Dude?".
    -"How Did This Get Made" is one that goes over the worst movies ever made and they pick them apart. Some comics on there including one from The League.
    -"Blueshirt Underground" with Jim and Eddie. But only during hockey season. I think they've turned it into a football thing this year.

I used to listen to a lot of them but I'd rather catch every minute (25 hours a week) of O&A and maybe some Ron and Fez if I'm lucky. I can't stand Kevin Smith anymore so fuck all of his podcasts. Used to listen to Talking Shit but I got sick of it pretty quickly.. they get too rowdy on there and it makes for bad listening. Thought about listening again since Jim had his first kid. What a disaster that will be lol.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post
    -Bill Burr's MMPC is definitely the best one.
    -Jay Mohr's "Mohr Stories".
    -Joe Rogan's is usually pretty interesting, but they can be a lot to keep up with.
    -Greg Fitzsimmons' can be good depending on the guest.
    -Robert Kelly's "You Know What Dude?".
    -"How Did This Get Made" is one that goes over the worst movies ever made and they pick them apart. Some comics on there including one from The League.
    -"Blueshirt Underground" with Jim and Eddie. But only during hockey season. I think they've turned it into a football thing this year.

I used to listen to a lot of them but I'd rather catch every minute (25 hours a week) of O&A and maybe some Ron and Fez if I'm lucky. I can't stand Kevin Smith anymore so fuck all of his podcasts. Used to listen to Talking Shit but I got sick of it pretty quickly.. they get too rowdy on there and it makes for bad listening. Thought about listening again since Jim had his first kid. What a disaster that will be lol.
    I listen to O and A all week as well. I have no time for Podcasts. I used to listen to Talking Shit a lot, now its every so often. I want to try out Bob Kelly's, and I forgot about Jay Mohrs as well. I like how the Opie and Anthony Channel plays different podcasts every weekend. My XM radio resords up to 50 hours, so I record O and A every morning and listen to it throughout the rest of the day. Its great, I can fast forward through all of the commercials and filler shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I listen to O and A all week as well. I have no time for Podcasts. I used to listen to Talking Shit a lot, now its every so often. I want to try out Bob Kelly's, and I forgot about Jay Mohrs as well. I like how the Opie and Anthony Channel plays different podcasts every weekend. My XM radio resords up to 50 hours, so I record O and A every morning and listen to it throughout the rest of the day. Its great, I can fast forward through all of the commercials and filler shit.
    Nice. I don't even have an actual radio. I record it from a program called Pulsar with Audio Hijack Pro, then listen to it or load it onto my phone. Or I've recently been using the iphone app which isn't bad. The other thing I was doing a lot when I didn't have a subscription was downloading it from a guy on youtube that posts the link every morning around 10:30, then the shit show around 11:15. Commercial free, great quality. PM me if you're interested.

The anarchy radio thing the week of the storm had me howwwwling.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Thats cool, I hate the shit show, Sam annoys the shit out of me. I have a subscription for XM, and I love it. I listen to the rock and country stations when I am done with O and A. I hear too many problems with the app, but I also heard that they are offering it for free now with their subs, so I have to call and find out if they will give it to me. Their customer service department blows, I hate calling them because it usually winds up with me yelling at them because the are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Thats cool, I hate the shit show, Sam annoys the shit out of me. I have a subscription for XM, and I love it. I listen to the rock and country stations when I am done with O and A. I hear too many problems with the app, but I also heard that they are offering it for free now with their subs, so I have to call and find out if they will give it to me. Their customer service department blows, I hate calling them because it usually winds up with me yelling at them because the are idiots.
    That I have not heard. As far as I know, it's still $3.50 every month no matter what deal you have going. I got 6 months of the radio subscription for 25 dollars. That's the promo they're running right now. But then I still had to pay the $3.50 per month for internet/app.
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by quick release View Post
    That I have not heard. As far as I know, it's still $3.50 every month no matter what deal you have going. I got 6 months of the radio subscription for 25 dollars. That's the promo they're running right now. But then I still had to pay the $3.50 per month for internet/app.
    My boss just told me that he was up to renew, and they offered him a package that is the regular cost, not sure how long, but at least a year, and they gave him the app for free with his renewal. They screwed me when they renewed me. I called at the end of February because I knew my sub was up, and they told me I still had another month, I had called because the credit card I had on file was expired so I knew I had to change it. About a week later, I get an email saying that they are going to turn my radio off because they cant process my renewal. When I called up, they said yes my sub was up and they automatically renewed me for 3 more years. I fought with them for an hour because they told me that once they put it in, they cant change it. I finally got them to cut the price because they were the ones that screwed up, but it took me threatening them to cancel. They also were supposed to credit me when the suspended O and A years ago for Homeless Charlie, they offered me 3 months free to not cancel, and they refused to give me that upon renewal as well. They really are a pain in the ass to deal with, everyone I know that deals with them always says the same thing, and everyone hates there customer service. The product is good, but they really need to fix how they deal with customers.

I've taken a liking to Sportsnet's Hockey Central at Noon. Really great hockey coverage despite the total lack of hockey. Doug MacLean and Nick Kypreos have a really awesome natural rivalry, especially over the CBA talks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...on/id354153569
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Hell yeah, another hockey podcast! Thanks, Phil!

Absolutely, dude. There aren't very many of them, so I'm just as in demand for them as you.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    THN has one on XM... Never can find a RSS feed...
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Dexter Wrap-Up by Showtime — hosted by Scott Reynolds (Producer).
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Get all the sportsnet ones... Bob McCowan almost always has Stephen Brunt as a co-host and he's easily the best sports journalist in the world.

Only want ones hockey-related.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Well you can check when they are talking CBA, usually it's always one of the 3 hour sessions each day on Prime Time Sports.

Yeah, that's true. I'll check 'em out. Thanks, Dun.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    I've taken a liking to Sportsnet's Hockey Central at Noon. Really great hockey coverage despite the total lack of hockey. Doug MacLean and Nick Kypreos have a really awesome natural rivalry, especially over the CBA talks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...on/id354153569
    This is the worst podcast ever.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast