• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Korn Fans

NYR2711

Anyone who is a Korn fan, if you go to their website by April 18th, they are giving away a free download of a brand new song called "Get Up". I just downloaded it, its pretty good. I am a huge Korn fan, and I loved the last album, and this follows it up pretty good.

Korn was "the" band I loved from about age 16-20. I think they started to go downhill....atleast somewhat, thereafter. I still didn't mind their albums since then, but didn't love them either. I'll give the new song a listen.

Sometimes I think its just age, and I'm growing out of certain music, but then some older bands I liked back in the late 90s and early 2000s I still like.......even a band that most hate on these days like Limp Bizkit. Its very odd.

Korn has changed/evolved more I guess then other bands I listen to, so maybe that's my issue.

Korn was "the" band I loved from about age 16-20. I think they started to go downhill....atleast somewhat, thereafter. I still didn't mind their albums since then, but didn't love them either. I'll give the new song a listen.

Sometimes I think its just age, and I'm growing out of certain music, but then some older bands I liked back in the late 90s and early 2000s I still like.......even a band that most hate on these days like Limp Bizkit. Its very odd.

Korn has changed/evolved more I guess then other bands I listen to, so maybe that's my issue.

Same here.

I used to LOVE Korn but Issues was the beginning of the end for me...

Nah, you guys aren't alone at all. The last album I really enjoyed was Follow the Leader, but the band just went softer and softer over time. The angry and abused Jonathan Davis transformed into a father who was obviously much less upset with the world. It's Nine Inch Nails Syndrome. The more agony they're in, the better the writing and the better the music. The happier they are, the more the sound changes from it's original direction and the fewer the original fans stick around.

The last 2 albums werent bad. The last one was a more heavier album than what they were putting out. Nothing will ever compare to the first album though, that was such a great album. I am still a huge an of them though. Eeryone has changed their style now a days.

Nah, you guys aren't alone at all. The last album I really enjoyed was Follow the Leader, but the band just went softer and softer over time. The angry and abused Jonathan Davis transformed into a father who was obviously much less upset with the world. It's Nine Inch Nails Syndrome. The more agony they're in, the better the writing and the better the music. The happier they are, the more the sound changes from it's original direction and the fewer the original fans stick around.

Truth in every word.

My one friend used to joke that he liked Jon Davis better when he was an abused, fucked in the head, sick dude. It's messed up but true from a music standpoint.

Truth in every word.

My one friend used to joke that he liked Jon Davis better when he was an abused, fucked in the head, sick dude. It's messed up but true from a music standpoint.

All of those guys are like that. Reznor, Manson, Davis, etc.

Amazing how it works that way.......funny thing was I never was a huge Manson fan (when he first came out), but I LOVE (and still do) the "Mechanical Animals" Album, and that is a more mellow album he put out. I think he was a little too crazy for me at first.

I'm sort of in the same boat with you, but nothing compares to Antichrist Superstar, IMO. That album epitomized everything that made Manson who he is/was.

While records like Mechanical Animals obviously shifted his sound, they were still well produced and well written. Holy wood was the last real record of his I enjoyed, though. The High End of Low is far too tame for me.

The last good Manson album I liked was Anti Christ, they seemed to trail off after that one, its a shame. All the good bands from the 90's that are still relevent have changed their sounds, which kind of sucks. I dont mind new Korn shit and some of the new Manson shit, but NIN has gone completely down hill.

I never liked NIN, wasn't a Reznor fan. Like I said, I still have a thing for Limp Bizkit, I know they went softer/mainstream with "Results May Vary" but "The Unquestionable Truth" mini-album (2005) they put out had a few nice, hard songs, and from what I heard leaked "Gold Cobra" sounds like the old LB, atleast to some degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz1fZ_d3ckA&feature=related

Actually, speaking of 8th grade, I took a music class then and one of the things we did was bring in a CD to play a song that we liked once a week. I remember the only rule was "no cursing", so I brought in Korn and played "Twist". :rofl:

The look on the faces of the people listening was hysterical.

For anyone who has no idea why, give it a listen and you'll know:

Archived