Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Sandy: Aftermath Discussion

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    That's a couple thousands of dollars to go to charity.
    True true. Damn, couple of thousands for his helmet. That's awesome

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Rockland County residents should really stay off the NJ gas lines. First of all, you're close to Harriman and Woodbury and they have gas up there. There's going to be a brawl. I think you might see dead Hasidics on the side of the road by tomorrow.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboudit View Post
    True true. Damn, couple of thousands for his helmet. That's awesome
    Yea his Winter Classic one brought in something like 30 grand for Garden of Dreams. Hopefully this one brings in a lot as well.

Senior Member Squirt Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    nothing to see here, move along
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 07-24-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    A lot of bad news for Coney Island. It's uncertain whether they can manage to fix the electrics of Cyclone and Wonder Wheel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2069243.html
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division

What a sight for sore eyes. They're finally repairing the downed lines in our driveway.

Pain is the name of the game BSBH Legend
    Actually putting together a really big clothing donation for a local church here in Brooklyn that is taking everything over to the victims in Queens personally. We have a ton of winter clothes we simply don't wear, so it's the least we can do to give them to those who actually need them while we're busy living our lives, comfortably, not wanting them.
    Hidden Content

“Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser.”
    - John Tortorella

Power is back on! And Phil, after reading your post, I felt like a bit of an asshole. We filled up about 30 gallons of gas for the generators today, so I put them all in the back of the car and drove to the Monmouth County comfort station and let them empty them out to give to people who need it. That's about $100 of gas, so hopefully it makes someone's life a little easier.

As for me, I'm taking the hottest fucking shower I have ever taken in my life. If my skin isn't red as a tomato by the time I emerge, I'll have failed.

༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ BSBH Rookie
    Last edited by Morphinity; 11-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Hidden Content
    I saved a life. My own. Am I a hero? I really can't say. But, yes. - Michael Scott

Pain is the name of the game BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter Redux View Post
    Power is back on! And Phil, after reading your post, I felt like a bit of an asshole. We filled up about 30 gallons of gas for the generators today, so I put them all in the back of the car and drove to the Monmouth County comfort station and let them empty them out to give to people who need it. That's about $100 of gas, so hopefully it makes someone's life a little easier.

As for me, I'm taking the hottest fucking shower I have ever taken in my life. If my skin isn't red as a tomato by the time I emerge, I'll have failed.
    That's such an awesome gesture. If I made more money, I'd do something similar, but unfortunately we're a one-income family right now, so we've been looking to other means to help out other than giving away money we don't really have to give.

Put the "C" on Z! BSBH Prospect

Queens Based The 7 Line Selling Shirt With 100% of Proceeds Helping Locals

Just ordered one today. Just under $10k raised since being put up for sale today.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Why do people need to be douche bags during this. I understand we all need gas, and that there are long lines, but why do people have to wait down a side street and block everyone's driveway. I have a line down my street, and usually they waited on the main road, and everyone's driveway on my block is blocked by these people. I have to leave at 130-200 for work, I see this being a huge problem once the line starts moving. I dont even know why they are waiting, there isnt even a truck here yet.

Senior Member Junior Division
    At this point, with the level of panic going on here for gas, everyone is just looking at it as every man for himself in that capacity honestly. Thats what happens when panic sets in.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I dont care about people waiting on my street, it is what it is, but just dont block everyone into their homes so they cant get out. I had the courtesy to move my car from the street to my driveway, mainly so I dont have to hear people honking their horns outside my house, so dont block my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieNextel305 View Post
    At this point, with the level of panic going on here for gas, everyone is just looking at it as every man for himself in that capacity honestly. Thats what happens when panic sets in.
    That sucks too. In our area, everyone had bonded together across the neighborhood to get stuff done. The electrician who lived down the street was back-wiring homes to generators that could handle it. Retired policemen and firemen were helping cut down and move trees. People were sharing water and opening their homes if they had central heat or a fireplace. All of that lasted from about last Monday to Wednesday. Then everyone needed gas. To get to work, to run the generators, etc. And all of a sudden, all of the beautiful camaraderie that had been taking place went out the window. It became every man for himself and screw the next guy.

It's not so much me as it is Roenick. He's good. BSBH Legend
    Like this jackass.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-...177212671.html

Police say Yunus Latif, 47, of Richmond Hill, Queens filled 30 five-gallon plastic tubs with four gallons of gas each at a station in West Haven, Conn. with the intention of bringing it back to neighbors in New York.

A witness told police they saw Latif loading up plastic containers filled with gas into his truck. When police arrived, they discovered the tubs with gas loaded in the back of the truck. The plastic lids were expanding, police say.

It's not so much me as it is Roenick. He's good. BSBH Legend
    Typical MTA. 4 workers, 3 of them not doing anything.

Senior Member Squirt Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    nothing to see here, move along
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 07-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Forgive me if this was posted already, but here are some before and after pictures:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/specials/...-after-photos/

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    A lot of bad news for Coney Island. It's uncertain whether they can manage to fix the electrics of Cyclone and Wonder Wheel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2069243.html
    Not to sound rude, but that's the least of the Coney Island resident's concerns, Jules. I have friends there who dont have heat, or food, or power, live in co-ops on the 17th floor etc, and have to trek up and down and walk blocks and blocks to go get something to eat because there's no power. He doesnt give a shit about the rides, tbh. (sorry if this made me sound like a douche)

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast