Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Omg that is just awful. Moments like this I am glad NY doesn't have the death penalty. I wish nothing but the worst for that piece of shit as she rots away for the rest of her life.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Omg that is just awful. Moments like this I am glad NY doesn't have the death penalty. I wish nothing but the worst for that piece of shit as she rots away for the rest of her life.
    She's not feeling any remorse now. You think that will change after 20 years?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Let her rot in a cell and think about this horrible crime
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    She's not feeling any remorse now. You think that will change after 20 years?
    Exactly. She doesn’t seem to give a fuck about anything at this point.

She’ll get fed and get health care when needed. I’m not saying prison life is glamorous, but I bet it it beats getting stabbed 30+ times and nearly decapitated.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    She killed kids. If she's not isolated in AdSeg for the rest of her life, that's exactly what's going to happen to her. So, you should be happy. Your bloodlust could be quenched in no time at all.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    She killed kids. If she's not isolated in AdSeg for the rest of her life, that's exactly what's going to happen to her. So, you should be happy. Your bloodlust could be quenched in no time at all.

This. Even the inmates have a justice system of their own.

Death Penalty

She killed kids. If she's not isolated in AdSeg for the rest of her life, that's exactly what's going to happen to her. So, you should be happy. ***Your bloodlust*** could be quenched in no time at all.

Good. If someone KILLED my kids I’d want the fucker dead. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Good. If someone KILLED my kids I’d want the fucker dead. Simple as that.

I'd want to kill them myself

She'll get her own room in the mentally unstable wing.
    And she'll have more security than Milo at Berkley.

Yup.

HNIC BSBH Legend

Nothing wrong with bloodlust.

Depends on the context and the severity.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    As someone who supported pointless pugilism in the NHL for years, surely you get an eye for an eye.

Yeah, the two aren't related. Last I checked, no one's ever died from getting into a fist fight in the NHL.

And an eye for an eye isn't exactly analogous to "I hope so and so gets raped and tortured every day for the rest of their lives". That's more like an eye for a blood line.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Yeah, the two aren't related. Last I checked, no one's ever died from getting into a fist fight in the NHL.
    Yea? Maybe ask the Boogaard family. Or the Belak family. Or the Rypien family...

Or maybe you can't evoke your morals when it suits you.

None of whom died from getting into a fight in the NHL. They died for various reasons related to fighting repeatedly in the NHL, including depression, CTE, and substance abuse.

Like I said, I get an eye for an eye. If a man killed someone's brother, it's completely reasonable that the surviving family member would want to see that man die. But it's a bridge too far to me to offer "how about we rape the killer with a golf club every day for a year, rip off one of his testicles and feed it to him, and thirty years from now laugh when he finally finds a way to successfully kill himself in a dark cell somewhere" as reasonable.

The former is vengeance. The latter is sadism with a dash of psychopathy.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Go all "Law abiding Citizen" on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Go all "Law abiding Citizen" on them.
    Which, ironically enough, illustrated the thin line between vengeance and sadism.

While Butler's character certainly exacted his pound (or two) of flesh, ultimately—SPOILER WARNING—he drowned in his own bloodlust, which is the whole point in drawing these distinctions. We're already a vindictive society who bully and kill en masse. Embracing cruel and unusual punishment to quench our bloodlust makes us no better than the criminals we are punishing in the first place, and only serves to undercut the point that they deserve this in the first place.

I've said it before: is rape wrong? The answer to this is critical. Because anything less than a resounding YES is morally bankrupt, yet we already routinely champion the act when it's done to people we dislike. Like those who are guilty of it themselves. A behavior also encroaching on moral bankruptcy.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I think its morally wrong to be using public funds to aide and assist the life continuance of this baby-killer, which at the same time, essentially kills more babies that do not get the necessary funds, treatments, attention, etc they need.

Idk about the whole raping and pillaging of her for the rest of her life but I do agree with doing to her what she did to the kids. Let the parents stab her to death. I know I said in an earlier post that I am glad she'll rot away but for the most part don't agree with spending money to let people like this live. Hopefully another inmate will get to her soon enough.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast