Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: The General Talk Thread

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    What was awful about it?
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    All the lies?

"Women soccer players should get as much money as men because we're #1 and just as passionate!! The men are only #30, why should they get paid more?"

The economic realities apparently mean nothing, nor does the fact that they aren't even close to being good at their craft compared to men.

If I'm the #1 ditch digger in the world I'm not going to get the same compensation as the #30 hedge fund manager. That's just an economic reality.

Women's and Men's soccer aren't the same industry. Two different things. If they want to get paid the same then what they are asking for is for Men's soccer to subsidize them.

The Daily Show has become absolute garbage since Stewart left.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect

The General Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    All the lies?

"Women soccer players should get as much money as men because we're #1 and just as passionate!! The men are only #30, why should they get paid more?"

The economic realities apparently mean nothing, nor does the fact that they aren't even close to being good at their craft compared to men.

If I'm the #1 ditch digger in the world I'm not going to get the same compensation as the #30 hedge fund manager. That's just an economic reality.

Women's and Men's soccer aren't the same industry. Two different things. If they want to get paid the same then what they are asking for is for Men's soccer to subsidize them.

The Daily Show has become absolute garbage since Stewart left.
    That's not even the gripe. It's that systematically they are putting into the system more than the men and they should be getting a larger share.

After expenses, the women turned a profit of $6.6 million last year. The men? Their profit was just under $2 million. Looking ahead, U.S. Soccer’s 2017 budget predicts that trend will be repeated: Expecting another Olympic gold medal, and another victory tour, the federation has forecast a profit of more than $5 million for the women’s team in the next fiscal year (on $17.5 million in revenue).

The men? U.S. Soccer figures they will lose about $1 million this year (on only $9 million in revenue).
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/22....html?referer=

If they turned a bigger profit than the men, why don't they have a gripe for a bigger payout?

And while Men's soccer and Women's soccer are two different things, the women set a record for most watched televised match in US history which says to me that there are enough people to care even if it is considered to be a lesser sport.

I'm not saying they are going to be paid the same exact amount, but they deserve a lot more than they are currently receiving.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Yeah, the one year they did due to the WC.

People will tune in to one match every four years, congratulations.

If they think they deserve more, collectively bargain it.

Lundqvist get your ass back in the game Midget Division
    Happy St Totteringham's Day! Even better when so unexpected
    Last edited by fletch; 05-15-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

gangsta member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Happy St Totteringham's Day! Even better when so unexpected
    ITS HAPPENED AGAIN, ITS HAPPENED AGAAAAAAIN. TOTTENHAM HOSTSPUR, ITS HAPPENED AGAIN!

i was at the soccer bar in albany and there were 4-5 spurs fans there. their misery was so much fun to watch.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    so with the bomb scare cancelling man yoos game, now they know the result they need to get to the Champions League. 19-0 shouldn't be that hard. Just have to get a few early touchdowns.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    I bet the guy who left it is a City fan

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    Isn't great how people don't learn?

18 years ago, during the 1998 WC in France there was a lot of Hooligan violence. You'd think Police and Organisators would have taken a lesson from back then.

Well...obviously not...

Granted you can't prevent idiots from being idiots, but still....

Russia remains in competition only on probation (granted they suck, so propably gone after next game anyway) and Croatia could get a similar warning after yesterdays Events. (There seems to be something really wrong there, if your fans start rioting while you have the lead!)

Games a re being played as well, but due to most 3rd place teams making next round too, it's a really boring competition so far.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I believe the Croatian event was a protest against corruption with leadership or something along those lines. Security really needs to beef up
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Yeah, there seems to be a deep divide in Croatia, apparently newspapers reported something will most likely happen long before the game.
    Even more irritating that french Security did nothing about it.

And Croatia got a slap on the wrist, despite having a history of such violence too and this being basically same level as what the Russians did.
    Why can't any sports-association have a consequent line?

This tournaments matchplan is getting ridiculous.
    One side of the tree has Germany, England, France, Spain and Italy all figthing for the same spot in the Final.
    The other side has Wales, Northern Ireland, Switzerland and Hungary. Not really ballanced I'd say. Best Teams on that side are a (so far) underperforming Belgium, struggling Portugal and infighting Croatia.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    This tournaments matchplan is getting ridiculous.
    One side of the tree has Germany, England, France, Spain and Italy all figthing for the same spot in the Final.
    The other side has Wales, Northern Ireland, Switzerland and Hungary. Not really ballanced I'd say. Best Teams on that side are a (so far) underperforming Belgium, struggling Portugal and infighting Croatia.
    Yea I didn't get the seeding here. I mean it would be cool to see an Iceland, Ireland, Wales, or Northern Ireland go to a semi final or potential final, but by that time you're going to have 4 out 5 of the powerhouse teams already gone on the other side

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    But isn't it not seeding? They draw groups from a lottery type system. How are they supposed to predict the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    But isn't it not seeding? They draw groups from a lottery type system. How are they supposed to predict the future?
    England and Spain not winning theit groups is what made the matchplan lopsided. So yeah, not totally planable. But I feel like the mess with 4 3rd place teams qualifying as well contributed.

Messi announced he's retirering from Argentinas national team.
    Quite a shocker, but let's wait if he stays out or if it was just a frustrated reaction to losing another Final.

2-1 Iceland

20th minute

English Goalies man lol, where do they find all these? It's the same every single tournament.

Yep, they always seem to come up small in these big games

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast