Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The General Talk Thread

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    HOLY! SHIT!

Germanic Ranger Junior Division H-Dreamer's Avatar
    I've read that a dutch Assistant referee was beaten to death by three players during a youth game.
    Do you know more about this Jules?

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    I've read that a dutch Assistant referee was beaten to death by three players during a youth game.
    Do you know more about this Jules?
    Yeah, he was father of one of the opposing players, the teenagers on opposing team - known for starting trouble - attacked him. He collapsed after the game and passed away later in the hospital. Three suspects are in custody and are children of immigrants.

Cue a complete national shitshow of racist comments and people blaming everyone but our ailing and failing Dutch society.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

World is getting insane.

These days I watch them dismanteling the constitutional rigths for soccer fans here, makes you wonder when they will start to dismantel them for the rest of the populace too.

Quote Originally Posted by H-Dreamer View Post
    World is getting insane.

These days I watch them dismanteling the constitutional rigths for soccer fans here, makes you wonder when they will start to dismantel them for the rest of the populace too.
    I know. I have a friend who is banned from going to soccer games in any UEFA country (all of Europe) for two years, because an anonimous observer from the Dutch FA claims he saw him call an usher in the stadium "bad names". That usher, however, is a friend of his and despite his friend writing a letter that the claims are false, the FA is sticking to their guns and claiming the report is enough proof to ban him from going to the club.

Bizarre. UEFA and FIFA think they're fucking NATO or something.
    Hidden Content

Gets worse here every day, as politicians see it as an easy way to get votes from casual fans and uninterested people who get fed the "soccer fans are evil"-crap by the media every day. So they increase pressure on the FA to increase security.

Nowadays they want tents at every stadium, where fans would have to strip nude for a search. That's totally insane.
    even more insane are those people who say they would happily strip, cause they "have nothing to hide". I have nothing to hide, but fuck them if they think I strip for a fucking police officer at a football game.

They keep claiming violence is on the rise, while there are 2 injured persons per game and that includes 2nd Division games. 2 per game(!), when there are over 40.000 people visiting each game. In comparision to other similar big events thats ridiculously low. The statistics also don't track how many of those injured people were injured by the fans and how many by the police.

Also they do track how many people are charged for violence, but they don't track how many of them are actually found guilty.
    Police is complaining every time someone says, that officers have to wear a name or number so they can't hide in anonymity.

I see all these things and can't help thinking "and so it begins, again".

Fortuna Sittard with another away win. Firmly in a playoff spot, which is really all I wanted for this year.

Just 5 points behind first place though...
    Hidden Content

Istanbul player hit by bottle and smoke bomb:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...3033--sow.html

Too many idiots.

Soy Del Metro Mite Division Giaco's Avatar
    I swear Sepp Blatter is the biggest jackass ever.
    http://www.football-italia.net/29136...wrong-run-away

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    What's all this noise about Ronaldo leaving RM?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    What's all this noise about Ronaldo leaving RM?
    He's been unhappy as of late, no one really knows why, so rumours are he wants to leave RM.

But where to go? There aren't many teams who can afford his salary.
    Hidden Content

Mia San Mia BSBH Prospect
    Where have you been? He's had issues for a mont or two now and has been saying he wants to go back to Manchester United for like 2 weeks now.. Prob won't happen but he's made tons of comments about it.. Madrid reportedly want something like 200 mil for him so, yea...

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Sneijder to Galatasaray
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...er-galatasaray

Wesley Sneijder's protracted departure from Internazionale has ended with the Holland international signing for Galatasaray.

The 28-year-old has been in contract talks with the Turkish club since Inter accepted an £8m bid two weeks ago.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Ajax fined for fans stating their opinion on modern soccer:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...nner-fine.html

Ridiculous.

Senior Member Midget Division
    French Magazine Reports That Qatar Bribed Its Way To The 2022 World Cup

http://deadspin.com/5980241/french-m..."height":1254}

Shocker.

This is not new; from the moment Qatar was named the 2022 World Cup hosts, allegations have been made that FIFA committee members had accepted millions of dollars in bribes to make it happen. Some of those executives were even banned or quit in disgrace! So it's not outside the realm of probability.

The latest claims come from this week's edition of respected magazine France Football, and they seem to imply UEFA head Michel Platini was pressured to switch his vote from the United States to Qatar.

The "evidence" is of the isn't that curious? sort rather than a hard paper trail. Platini, the magazine reports, attended a dinner with then-French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Qatar's crown prince, and a representative of French club Paris Saint-Germain. This "secret meeting" was held nine days before the World Cup vote. Here are the dots, which you're asked to connect: PSG, Sarkozy's favorite team, was sold to the Qatar Investment Authority, overseen by the crown prince. Platini's son was hired by the Qatar Investment Authority. Al Jazeera, owned by the Qatar royal family, launched a sports network that now owns broadcast rights to the French League and UEFA tournaments.

There is some actual evidence to back up France Football's general claims of bribery. An internal email from FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke saying that Qatar "bought the 2022 World Cup". A former employee on the Qatar bid says two African executives, including African Confederation President Issa Hayatou, were bought off in exchange for their votes. Former FIFA media chief Guido Tognoni says bribery was rampant.

Naturally, everyone involved denies the allegations. Said Platini:

"President Sarkozy would never have asked me to vote for Qatar 2022 because he knows that I'm my own man. I made my choice with complete independence following a simple logic... opening up countries who have never organised major sporting events."

2022 is nearly a decade away—we're seriously running the risk of scandal fatigue. And we haven't even involved Sepp Blatter or Russia yet.

Becks is signing with PSG today...as long as Zlatan isn't a bitch about sharing the limelight, and understands just how much better Becks' service could make him, things should work out well

Yeah, awesome to see Becks back in Europe like this.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Yeah, awesome to see Becks back in Europe like this.
    i agree...while it was nice to be able to see the Galaxy games when he was around in NY, it's nice to see his ambition is still there playing for a European club on the rise....

Wait Becks still isn't retired? How old was he again?

haha...he'll be 38 by season's end

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast