• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

The bottom line for US soccer is that the best of our young talent needs to continue to play abroad and only return to the MLS after their careers have peaked. You only become great if you are constantly challenged. Our best and brightest need to continue to find spots in Germany, England, Italy, and Spain. I'm so disgusted by this group...and I'm ready for a new direction with the program which doesn't include Bruce Arena. He had his opportunity. It wasn't successful enough.

Arena resigned - not surprisingly.

To the point above about ?going abroad? to grow, I get that. But come back once you?ve peaked? I?m glad MSL has agreed internally to not do that anymore. I enjoyed watching Henry and Cahill but that?s not the way to grow your sport. Initially, yes, but not long term.

MLS is going to begin putting $$$ into younger players and bring guys over on loan who are younger too. Those ideas will grow the competition level and grow the talent in the league.

Just hope I live long enough to see it mature here.

• 6 months later...
Arsene Wenger stepping down

thanks for the memories AW. The way so many Arsenal fans treat him is gross to me. I hope he gets the full honors from every fan, the way he deserves

WOW !!!! that is huge and I wonder if he'll really stop coaching.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...