• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

• 7 months later...
Last weekend's North London Derby though...COYG

Yes! Another Gooner - there's a good contingent of us here.

And oof, when Lamela scored that goal I was sure it was going to be disaster for us, but what a victory!

Unfortunately, I think the only realistic path to the Champions League at this point is to win Europa - that top 4 is out of reach, IMO.

I think I follow Arsenal and the PL more than the Rangers and the NHL these days, to be honest

That win was needed after we dropped two points to Burnley. Honestly, our path to remaining in Europe is slim. Looks like we'll be through against Olympiacos, but anything can happen during tomorrow's game. There's still a ton of talented teams in the competition, so nothing is a given. European competitions without Arsenal are a very realistic possibility.

I'm more concerned about our striking options. Auba is heating up but discipline has been an issue. We might need to go out and buy a striker this summer, as well as defensive mid to improve over Xhaka and pair with Partey. Hoping for Saliba to impress after his loan spell with Nice so we can be set on the back line.

I think I follow Arsenal and the PL more than the Rangers and the NHL these days, to be honest

That win was needed after we dropped two points to Burnley. Honestly, our path to remaining in Europe is slim. Looks like we'll be through against Olympiacos, but anything can happen during tomorrow's game. There's still a ton of talented teams in the competition, so nothing is a given. European competitions without Arsenal are a very realistic possibility.

I'm more concerned about our striking options. Auba is heating up but discipline has been an issue. We might need to go out and buy a striker this summer, as well as defensive mid to improve over Xhaka and pair with Partey. Hoping for Saliba to impress after his loan spell with Nice so we can be set on the back line.

I'm super interested to see what we do in the transfer window. There are a number of clubs losing their fiscal saliency that shouldn't be. Combined with bringing Saliba back to solidify the CB space, Partey becoming more of a regular, and Saka being just...a wunderkind - I think we need to explore a swap deal around Lacazette for a more clinical finisher, I'd like to see Odegaard on a permanent, and I think it's maybe time to let the kids shine. The academy is strong.

I don't think Lacazette or Nketiah will be Arsenal players next season. Hopefully selling them can help finance our expenditures. I'd also like to see Odegaard on next season, even if it means we lose Ceballos (who has been in catastrophic form this past month). MO and ESR are excellent in the press and ball control. Combined with Saka, that's a great trio of attackers and pressing. We just need a striker with good hold up play like Laca, but maybe with more of an airial threat. So like a younger Giroud

Arsenal. My god. Lol.

We play Milan tomorrow after blowing it and allowing an away goal in like the 92nd minute last week. Outside of a collapse , United are finishing top 4 but it would be so important to just get some kind of trophy. Fa cup this weekend is Leicester I think so tough games coming up.

Arsenal. My god. Lol.

We play Milan tomorrow after blowing it and allowing an away goal in like the 92nd minute last week. Outside of a collapse , United are finishing top 4 but it would be so important to just get some kind of trophy. Fa cup this weekend is Leicester I think so tough games coming up.

You're 11 points clear of West Ham and only one or two truly tough games - I think top 4 is probably a lock for you guys. Milan's a real tough out right now - that's going to be a nailbiter.

Arsenal can challenge top 4, but it requires Chelsea to fall apart (not entirely out of the question), winning against West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, and Chelsea, and then holding serve for the rest of the games. It's highly unlikely.

AND SPURS ARE OUT OF EUROPE

Zagreb came back with two goals in the second half, and scored a wundergoal in extra time to eliminate them and move on to the quarterfinals.

Did u expect anything else from LOL Spurs? I will say, thry find new and exciting ways to screw it up

You're 11 points clear of West Ham and only one or two truly tough games - I think top 4 is probably a lock for you guys. Milan's a real tough out right now - that's going to be a nailbiter.

Arsenal can challenge top 4, but it requires Chelsea to fall apart (not entirely out of the question), winning against West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, and Chelsea, and then holding serve for the rest of the games. It's highly unlikely.

Yeah like I said. At some point there has to be a trophy for the Ole era. Especially if it’s one from Europe.

I didn’t expect it but was pleasantly surprised. I’m not sure if I hate Spurs more or just Mourinho, but I’m glad they’ve both lost

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well if you’re an Arsenal supporter then Tottenham is by far your biggest rival in London. They hate each other but Tottenham always disappears when it matters so I’m not even sure what the big deal is lol

Well if you’re an Arsenal supporter then Tottenham is by far your biggest rival in London. They hate each other but Tottenham always disappears when it matters so I’m not even sure what the big deal is lol

Oh they're absolutely our biggest rival and I hate Harry Kane's smug mug, but I despise Mourinho as a person