• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

UEFA will decide in a week on how to dissove the Serbo-Albanian mess.

It's till unknown, who exactly was flying that drone into the stadium.

Meanwhile flares, stones and other stuff was already thrown at Albanian players before the drone incident and Serbian fans allegedly shouted "Kill all Albanians" and stuff like that.

Nationalisms ugly head once again.

UEFA with a understandable decision:

The game will be awarded to Serbia by a score of 3-0 (propably due to Albanian player attacking the Serb that took down the flag and the team refusing to continue playing later on),

but Serbia will be punished by getting 3 points taken away, so basically both sides lost the game.

Additionally both FA will be fined 100.000 Euros and Serbia has to play it's next two home games without spectators.

UEFA with a understandable decision:

The game will be awarded to Serbia by a score of 3-0 (propably due to Albanian player attacking the Serb that took down the flag and the team refusing to continue playing later on),

but Serbia will be punished by getting 3 points taken away, so basically both sides lost the game.

Additionally both FA will be fined 100.000 Euros and Serbia has to play it's next two home games without spectators.

Dare I say... UEFA got one right for a change. That's a hilarious decision to give them the points, then take them away. Excellent.

• 2 months later...

I know this probably isn't huge news over in New York, but Toronto FC just signed 27 year old Italian International Giovinco. It's a monumental transfer for the MLS as unlike some of the bigger names that have arrived recently or in the past, he's in the prime of his career.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-signs-italian-international-giovinco-from-juventus-1.185336

It will go down as a landmark moment for Major League Soccer. TSN has learned Toronto FC has signed Italian International attacking midfielder/striker Sebastian Giovinco. The marquee signing will be officially announced on Monday.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Oh, not sorry at all. I was actually quite amused. Hiddink has lost the plot and the team is a bunch of divas. They thought they were all hot shit after the surprise World Cup result and, obviously, they are not. It's a one-man team and without Robben it's hopeless. The quicker they realize it, the better. Also, anything that puts soccer in a good spotlight in the US is thumbs up from me!