Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: General Forum Access and Usability Issues

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Has anyone else had issues with threads taking a while to load? The website loads fine and the different forums will load normally but once I click a thread it takes a while. The website will load but the posts take a while to show. Does that make sense?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    This occurs for you across multiple browsers and devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just Chrome at work. It very well could be the network here so that's why I am asking, I wouldn't doubt it.

Works ok on the app

Works ok on Safari. I'd say it's probably the network at my office but none of the other websites had that problem so idk what it really is.

I'm not sure, either. I'd go through the standard practices and see if it still is the case — clear cache/history, restart browser, and if that fails, restart the computer.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

These aren't typical computers. Resetting them only resets the connection to the network. It seems to be working fine now though. For a billion dollar communications company our network is fucking garbage. I'm sure it was nothing on your end.

Ok sorry to keep beating a dead horse but just wanted to update with a little more info. We just received new machines which are connected to a new, much faster network. Same thing is happening. The website loads fine, I always start by clicking "new posts" and go from there, works fine. Once I click on a thread, however, the website will load but the actual content of the thread, the posts, take forever to load. I tried this both logged in as myself and not logged in at all on both Chrome and IE. I did notice that the status bar at the bottom of the screen says "Waiting for connect.facebook.net...". I don't have facebook logged in on this computer so idk what that is about. I timed how long it takes to load, 7:30.04. I figured it was something on my end but I use a few different forums and this is the only one it happens on so this is why I am not sure if its my end or something on your end.

Last edited by SaveByRichter35; 08-15-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    So what are you taking the plunge in
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    So what are you taking the plunge in
    Its a goalie message board I am on lol. Some guy makes the dumbest titles for his threads. Its about buying his own skate sharpener.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Is it possible that your work network is blocking connections to Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    Is it possible that your work network is blocking connections to Facebook?
    Nope, I am on FB as well right now as I type this.

Edit - Normally yes, it blocks FB. However it looks like they haven't added that feature to the new system yet because I was able to log right onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    Ok so to keep beating a dead horse but just wanted to update with a little more info. We just received new machines which are connected to a new, much faster network. Same thing is happening. The website loads fine, I always start by clicking "new posts" and go from there, works fine. Once I click on a thread, however, the website will load but the actual content of the thread, the posts, take forever to load. I tried this both logged in as myself and not logged in at all on both Chrome and IE. I did notice that the status bar at the bottom of the screen says "Waiting for connect.facebook.net...". I don't have facebook logged in on this computer so idk what that is about. I timed how long it takes to load, 7:30.04. I figured it was something on my end but I use a few different forums and this is the only one it happens on so this is why I am not sure if its my end or something on your end.

That's odd, because Facebook Connect was disabled more than a year ago.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Idk man. And now its working fine.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516