• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What do you do...

Fuhgeddaboudit

I know, I know, but this isn't really a crisis thread... Actually, it's been bothering me for years actually.

What do you do if your father supposedly isn't telling your mother the truth?

It's a money situation.

I spoke with him about it, but I feel like he's lying to me too... he's stubborn.

They've been fighting for years.

I know you're all going to say why did I come here to post it but let me be honest - my whole family is fucked up. We barely have any, so I can't reach out to anyone.

Plus my brother, sister, and I can't even ask my parents for advice because they're always mad.

Sorry, but I know you guys are pretty smart, we have intelligent guys here who can help in situations like this, and I rather post this here than get answers from other websites lol

Hmmm I guess it's kind of personal, but I don't mind sharing.

My dad might lose his job again, and we're fucked.

My dad has the money (borrowing from my grandmother, his mom) to co-open a pizzeria in Park slope.

So, now, my mom is scared he'll lose money from his pocket as well.

So supposedly he took my mom off the chase credit card that they had a joint in, and changed the address to my grandmother's house in SI.

No idea why, but he's telling my mom that he cancelled it.

But my mom is saying chase called saying we have a 3,000 bill to pay?

But my dad is saying that he has no idea what that is and she shouldn't worry.

My mom is freaking out, has no idea what the hell to do

It sounds like you're in a lose/lose situation right now. Maybe you should have a sit-down with your brother and sister and discuss it amongst yourselves. Go through a few scenarios that are likely to happen and have a plan for each. You all should get on the same page to avoid any more confusion throughout the family.

Stay out of it, man. Tell them you want to sort out their issues, but that's it. Financial disagreements are pretty serious, but they need to be addressed by those involved. Once you get in, you can't get out. God forbid this leads to a seperation or divorce, and the last thing you want is to lose relationships with your immediate family.

I know several people that were in your shoes that chose a side and no longer have communication with a mother/father/sister/uncle/etc, even if there was not divorce or split.

Stay out of it, man. Tell them you want to sort out their issues, but that's it. Financial disagreements are pretty serious, but they need to be addressed by those involved. Once you get in, you can't get out. God forbid this leads to a seperation or divorce, and the last thing you want is to lose relationships with your immediate family.

I know several people that were in your shoes that chose a side and no longer have communication with a mother/father/sister/uncle/etc, even if there was not divorce or split.

Plus, it's horrible when all of your family is gone pretty much. No one really keeps in contact anymore. All I have are my friends (barely now) and my girlfriend (and god forbid anything happened there

Doesn't need to be now, just as soon as you're able. Or get a roommate.

True. I can always find a roommate, even if it's random? Not sure how comfortable I'd feel. I have 1 year and a half left of school most likely then I graduate. Hopefully I can find a sustainable job that pays pretty well and I can probably go for my masters.

I thought we already got rid of his girlfriend because she cheated or something. If your parents are trying to drag you into their financial mess, take Peetie's advice. Move out asap. And don't wait for the perfect situation to do it. Just find a way. Sleep on someone's couch or something.

I thought we already got rid of his girlfriend because she cheated or something. If your parents are trying to drag you into their financial mess, take Peetie's advice. Move out asap. And don't wait for the perfect situation to do it. Just find a way. Sleep on someone's couch or something.

She didn't cheat on me lol, just had a little discussion with her ex and I didn't know about me.

Yeah, I might actually ask my friend actually - once he's back from Italy.

She didn't cheat on me lol, just had a little discussion with her ex and I didn't know about me.

Yeah, I might actually ask my friend actually - once he's back from Italy.

Sounds shaddy. I'd ditch her before she gives you an STD.

This shouldn't be the reason you move out, just one of them. First off, I think everyone should move out after college, but secondly, your entire situation sounds bad and this is compounding it.

Oh, I'm definitely moving out of college if I have the chance, 100%.

It is horrible. Even during school I can't concentrate and do my school work because of the amount of arguments they have in the house

Archived