• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mint.com

Pete

I'm still in school, and don't really have much responsibilities. Is it worth for me right now to get started with it?

Absolutely. I suggest it for all my friends who have any interest at all in keeping a better track on where there money is going every month.

I use the app.

I have issues with it accessing my M&T account... then I have to update my M&T shit every other month because I "exceed limits" of guessing security questions.

Outside of M&T being so shitty, and me being dumb enough to stick with them, I have no issues with the app. I've only used the website a few times, and that was in order to get more out of the app.

I use the app.

I have issues with it accessing my M&T account... then I have to update my M&T shit every other month because I "exceed limits" of guessing security questions.

Outside of M&T being so shitty, and me being dumb enough to stick with them, I have no issues with the app. I've only used the website a few times, and that was in order to get more out of the app.

Got it. I may switch out of HSBC, but every other bank sucks too. Chase?

Got it. I may switch out of HSBC, but every other bank sucks too. Chase?

I use Chase. They have some monthly fees I'm not excited about, but my gf always gets them taken off. Their app is great, as well.

I'd recommend switching HSBC. They closed/switched all the branches up here. Accounts were automatically and arbitrarily switched over to First Niagara or Community Bank.

I'm not a big money tracker, though. I usually have a very good idea what is in each bank account. The Mint app just reminds me of upcoming bills, and when I spent too much on beer during a month.

Ive been using Mint for years...all my accounts show up fine, including my HSBC, despite their ridiculous login process.

I called them asking for a username and password for internet banking. They provided a username, didn't have a password, said they'll send it by mail and never did. After 2 months, I call and the guy said they never processed it and the last time i called was in 2009 (when i set up my account).

He now "processed" it, but haven't gotten an e-mail with my username.

He said it takes 24 hours.

Complete horse-shit IMO. HSBC sucks and I might get out ASAP. Might go to citibank being everyone I know has NO problems at all with Citi.

I have to check with Chase, because I'm wondering if they have free Checking, and especially for students.

My co-worker is telling me they have free checking if you are making $500 a month with direct deposit, but during the semester, but 100% sure if I will be making over $500 a month every month because I take off for school stuff some times.

Besides Chase, not sure who I would switch from HSBC to.

Maybe Citibank? But there's not many local ones near my house. I'd probably have to go a mile for one.

I have to check with Chase, because I'm wondering if they have free Checking, and especially for students.

My co-worker is telling me they have free checking if you are making $500 a month with direct deposit, but during the semester, but 100% sure if I will be making over $500 a month every month because I take off for school stuff some times.

Besides Chase, not sure who I would switch from HSBC to.

Maybe Citibank? But there's not many local ones near my house. I'd probably have to go a mile for one.

I think my Chase requires [something like] 2 direct deposits of atleast $500 per month, or 10 debit transactions. (not great for a student)

I'm not a huge fan of this, and wanted to switch, but the gf likes them.

I think my Chase requires [something like] 2 direct deposits of atleast $500 per month, or 10 debit transactions. (not great for a student)

I'm not a huge fan of this, and wanted to switch, but the gf likes them.

I get 2 direct deposits, but some months I might not meet that $500/month because of school. Wonder how that works. Do they charge you for the months that you don't hit 500?

Or do they start charging you once you go under $500?

I got to ask if no one knows here.

They used to hit us with monthly charges. $12 here, $6 here, a little more for something else. I don't know what they were for... just like those random charges on cell phones and electic bills.

That's a no-no. Did you call and talk to customer service and waive those fees? If that is continuous during school, I'll have no time to call them to waive fees like that.

Okay, so I received the form.

For students, 17-24 there is a $6 fee,

UNLESS.

You do a direct deposit from your job(doesn't specify an amount for students, but does for regular) so I'm assuming it doesn't matter the amount.

Any final words from Chase customers before I go out and sign up this weekend?

Archived