• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What new router should I get?

Cash or Czech

My router finally died after seven plus years of service. It was a Linksys WRT56GL and served admirably. The computer in my house that is wired into the modem still works, but my laptop, my dad's laptop and my brother's desktop that use the wireless have not had internet connection. The TV and phone still work (we use optimum for all three services).

So my question to you techies out there is which router should I get? I'm not looking to drop a whole lot of cash, but a reasonable amount is more than fine. Also, the router is located in the basement, so it has to have enough of a range to reach up two stories to the upstairs part of the house where both my brother's and my computers are usually situated.

Thanks to all the help that I got in the thread, I bought a NetGear N600 and it works great so far. Options for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and so far no issues. I'll give a more detailed report towards the end of the summer once I try out Netflix and Xbox Live on it. I'll also keep the thread open for router and other network-related discussions.

Thanks to all the help that I got in the thread, I bought a NetGear N600 and it works great so far. Options for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz and so far no issues. I'll give a more detailed report towards the end of the summer once I try out Netflix and Xbox Live on it. I'll also keep the thread open for router and other network-related discussions.

That's what I would have suggested, I have this at home and it works great.

Archived