• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Take Note, Photoshoppers

Phil

I'm buying all of you a dictionary for Christmas this year so you can look up the term "begins".

You still never explained. I've looked up all members of the team that use Easton and not single one of them use Stealth sticks, most use EQ50s. I'm really freaking curious as to what it was that you did. You definitely used a base body and altered the numbers, but they're perfect.

You still never explained. I've looked up all members of the team that use Easton and not single one of them use Stealth sticks, most use EQ50s. I'm really freaking curious as to what it was that you did. You definitely used a base body and altered the numbers, but they're perfect.

Base body is Dupuis. It's a superimposition, not a full-on attempt to re-create Nash in a posed position with his gloves, his stick, etc. etc.

I could do that, but it takes hours and hours to accomplish, and I don't care enough (as I'm not being paid for this) to go to that length. I do it for the quick reference and pleasure of seeing Nash in a Rangers uniform in a way that's somewhat believable, same as I did last year for Richards, and the year prior for Kovalchuk.

The quickest tutorial I can give you:

1. Find two images that have the players posed similarly, or two images where the head of the player you WANT is facing in the same natural direction as the position of the body you are placing it on.

2. Cut the head off the player you intend to superimpose.

3. Cut the body of the player you intend to super impose the head onto.

4. Place the head BEHIND the body and use various tools (Clone stamp, blur, sponge/darken, filters, levels, etc) to BLEND the two together. If the body you use is slightly blurry, so too should be the actual head being dropped onto it to give the appearance of realism.

5. Add details — like helmet stickers/numbers, effects, etc.

Base body is Dupuis. It's a superimposition, not a full-on attempt to re-create Nash in a posed position with his gloves, his stick, etc. etc.

I could do that, but it takes hours and hours to accomplish, and I don't care enough (as I'm not being paid for this) to go to that length. I do it for the quick reference and pleasure of seeing Nash in a Rangers uniform in a way that's somewhat believable, same as I did last year for Richards, and the year prior for Kovalchuk.

The quickest tutorial I can give you:

1. Find two images that have the players posed similarly, or two images where the head of the player you WANT is facing in the same natural direction as the position of the body you are placing it on.

2. Cut the head off the player you intend to superimpose.

3. Cut the body of the player you intend to super impose the head onto.

4. Place the head BEHIND the body and use various tools (Clone stamp, blur, sponge/darken, filters, levels, etc) to BLEND the two together. If the body you use is slightly blurry, so too should be the actual head being dropped onto it to give the appearance of realism.

5. Add details — like helmet stickers/numbers, effects, etc.

Thanks, I didn't think of Dupuis as it seemed a bit too high definition for it to be a Dupuis base. I figured you didn't do the full thing and I know that can take hours. When I made Skjei in a Rangers uniform I had to change hi stick and fix his sleeves so his elbow guards weren't visible like Avery would wear them.

Archived