Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1379

Thread: General Police Discussion Thread: Traffic Tickets, Guns, Donuts and More!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Two more cops shot and killed, this time in a traffic stop. That makes 5 shot in May alone.
    http://news.yahoo.com/mississippi-ci...083223118.html

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Ticket question — If one gets a parking ticket in a jurisdiction that is not listed on New York State's Parking Scofflaw list, is that ticket still punishable when it is time to re-register a car. FYI the jurisdiction is the Village of Belle Terre.

http://dmv.ny.gov/org/registration/p...-jurisdictions
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    Ticket question — If one gets a parking ticket in a jurisdiction that is not listed on New York State's Parking Scofflaw list, is that ticket still punishable when it is time to re-register a car. FYI the jurisdiction is the Village of Belle Terre.

http://dmv.ny.gov/org/registration/p...-jurisdictions
    Highly doubt dmv would pick up on it. I assume yuor reg is up? Best thing to do is just go to dmv website and attemp to re-reg the car. If it accepts, youre golden. Im not aware of any penalties for attempting to re reg a car that has a parking ticket on it.

Quick quesrion rhough, i kmow belle terre has their own dept but does the ticket go back to there specifically or does it go to port jeff?

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Highly doubt dmv would pick up on it. I assume yuor reg is up? Best thing to do is just go to dmv website and attemp to re-reg the car. If it accepts, youre golden. Im not aware of any penalties for attempting to re reg a car that has a parking ticket on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Quick quesrion rhough, i kmow belle terre has their own dept but does the ticket go back to there specifically or does it go to port jeff?
    Just saw these now. Thanks dude.

The ticket has only a Belle Terre address with Belle Terre letterhead and their own private justice of the peace. Neither the ticket or follow up letter mention Port Jeff. Only the NYS Parking Scofflaw. But that's what had me curious. They were missing from the NYSDMV Scofflaw list. So were some of the other local incorporated villages(Nissequogue, Head of the Harbor).

I was reading something about a case a few years ago with a Belle Terre officer writing a speeding ticket and it got thrown out because they didn't have the authority. I know they have the authority to write parking tickets, but I wasn't sure if they could report it to DMV.
    Last edited by High and Wide; 05-21-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    Just saw these now. Thanks dude.

The ticket has only a Belle Terre address with Belle Terre letterhead and their own private justice of the peace. Neither the ticket or follow up letter mention Port Jeff. Only the NYS Parking Scofflaw. But that's what had me curious. They were missing from the NYSDMV Scofflaw list. So were some of the other local incorporated villages(Nissequogue, Head of the Harbor).

I was reading something about a case a few years ago with a Belle Terre officer writing a speeding ticket and it got thrown out because they didn't have the authority. I know they have the authority to write parking tickets, but I wasn't sure if they could report it to DMV.
    I have no idea if they can write moving violations or anything like that. I'd assume they can write them but in the case of a speeding ticket it's possible the cop writing the ticket wasn't trained in the necessary RADAR or LIDAR classes to write a specific speeding ticket itself.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    So I have a question. Some dude was just arrested right outside my apartment. He was talking with 1 cop and 2 medics for like 15 minutes, and it seemed pretty amicable even though I was inside and couldnt hear anything. They were letting him sit on the curb and walk around stretch while waiting for backup. 2 more cops came and they talked for another 10-15 minutes or so. They kept checking his car and was receiving some sort of medical attention from the medics. Then I see one of the cops kinda tossing a baggie between his hands, which one would assume is drugs. But if it was is that the proper way to treat evidence? It was only then that they finally got him up against his car and cuffed him. So why did they wait so long to cuff him if they reason enough to believe he did something worth being arrested for in the first place? Was it just to make the sure the dude had enough time to calm down so he wouldnt freak out at the cuffs if he was indeed on drugs and driving?

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    So I have a question. Some dude was just arrested right outside my apartment. He was talking with 1 cop and 2 medics for like 15 minutes, and it seemed pretty amicable even though I was inside and couldnt hear anything. They were letting him sit on the curb and walk around stretch while waiting for backup. 2 more cops came and they talked for another 10-15 minutes or so. They kept checking his car and was receiving some sort of medical attention from the medics. Then I see one of the cops kinda tossing a baggie between his hands, which one would assume is drugs. But if it was is that the proper way to treat evidence? It was only then that they finally got him up against his car and cuffed him. So why did they wait so long to cuff him if they reason enough to believe he did something worth being arrested for in the first place? Was it just to make the sure the dude had enough time to calm down so he wouldnt freak out at the cuffs if he was indeed on drugs and driving?
    There had to be a reason why he was stopped and they had 2 medics there. They probably also waited for the other 2 cops to show up as well. It hard to say what was going on without knowing any of the real facts though. Me personally, I wouldnt throw any evidence not anyones lap though.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    I didnt see who arrived first, whether it was the medics or the cop or if they got there at the same time. Perhaps if it was drugs he was pulled over for driving erratically, the cop noticed he was under the influence of something and then called the medics?

He could have also been using the synthetic drugs, those are becoming huge, and people are going crazy after taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    There honestly is no way to answer that without just throwing out guesses.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    They should have just shot him. Fuck it.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

According to the news we only do that if its an ethnic guy, so who knows.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Hahahaha
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Looks like the violence on Law Enforcement is still alive and well.

Authorities have a man in custody who is "believed to be the alleged gunman" in the killing of a uniformed sheriff's deputy, Sgt. William Kennard of the Texas Department of Public Safety told CNN.

[Original story published at 7:51 a.m.]

A man shot a uniformed sheriff's deputy "execution-style" while he fueled his patrol car in the Houston area, killing him instantly, authorities said.

Deputy Darren H. Goforth, 47, was returning to his car after pumping gas Friday night.

The gunman walked up from behind him and opened fire for no apparent reason, Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman said.

When Goforth fell to the ground, the gunman stood over him and shot him some more, authorities said. He died at the scene.

"He was literally gunned down in what appears to be an unprovoked, execution-style killing," Hickman said. "I have been in law enforcement for 45 years, I have never seen anything this cold-blooded."
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/us/tex...ion/index.html

What a piece of shit that guy is. I hope he gets the death penalty.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend

The video looks bad, and the just by that video, it is very questionable, but I don't know the back story on this as to why they were chasing him. Is there any more details on this? If those two cops just shot him for no reason, then lock them up for life, they shouldn't be cops.

That video just shows someone getting shot from like half a mile away. What are we supposed to know about that video? For all we know, the guy was yelling i have a bomb vest on and am about to detonate it with a trigger in his hand or a knife or whatever the hell. Who the hell knows. Also, apparently they tried to detain him for 20 minutes.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...sparks-n420061

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/gilber...dead-shooting/

according to this he was threatening suicide by cop. Also he apparently sliced up his gf in the head and or baby as well.

Hell for all we know he raises his hands with a knife in it and says "in 3 seconds im going to run at you and slice you up" Who the hell knows but that's some terrible reporting just publicizing a video like that so quickly.

I actually just saw this on the news as well and they mentioned he had a knife and it was recovered at the scene. There is a lot more to this story than what the media is choosing to put it and when.

Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast