Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Discussion Thread: Traffic Tickets, Guns, Donuts and More!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Congrats bro, and welcome to the family
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    2 days until it starts ! (cue scary music) lol
    Thanks guys, lol. I'll bump this after I swear in and again when I'm stressed and feel like giving up lol

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Thanks guys, lol. I'll bump this after I swear in and again when I'm stressed and feel like giving up lol
    You will feel like this, everyone does at some point, the thing is not to give up. Its part of the process, but when you feeel like that, thats when you know you have made it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    I wanted to give up the 1st time they had us running 5 miles in a torrential downpour and then doing military crawls in the mud afterwards. Good times! lol

That's actually what I'm hoping for the most. I just hope I can man up and get thru everything when the going gets tough. I assume this whole ordeal/being a cop in general will harden me and make me less of a pussy at times when it comes to stuff like that. I can't just say "I don't feel like running" or something like that.

eventually you just get over the hump. In terms of the physical stuff, its just like starting to work out for the first time in a long time. At first you want to not do it, but once your rhythm gets going everything works out fine. After a while, it just feels routine

I start the first day of REAL academy tomorrow. Just read this before I went to bed. K-man and NYR2711, you guys can read this and chime in accordingly lol:

http://www.vice.com/read/a-cops-v13n6

Remember this, this is all true.

All About the Boroughs

In the academy, I got to know the different reputations of all the city’s patrol boroughs. It’s like this…

Manhattan South: is called PBMS, which stands for Patrol Borough Manhattan South. The running joke is that PBMS really means, “Please Babysit My Son.” It’s derided as a borough full of “hook” boys, placed there by uncle inspectors and daddy chiefs. It’s a nice post if you want to study for sergeant, but it’s boring as hell if you spent your time in the academy dreaming of car chases and foot pursuits.

Manhattan North: My home borough. It’s considered a good mix—busy enough to be interesting, but not so bad that you’re wallowing in despair.

There’s still plenty of ghetto here, but gentrification and good police work have made this borough a lot safer. We did such a good job that we can no longer afford to live in the neighborhoods we helped to clean up!

Bronx: The Bronx can make a valid argument for being the busiest, most dangerous borough. Brooklyn logs more homicides, but there are precincts in both boroughs that will make cops raise their eyebrows if you tell them you work there. I believe that the best police officers come from the busiest precincts.

Queens: Aside from a handful of tough precincts, Queens is typically derided as soft suburbs. Now, all of my dealings with Queens cops have been positive. I’m just telling you how they’re generally perceived. Ask a Manhattan cop what a “Queens Marine” is. You’re guaranteed to get a laugh. (Just don’t ask a Queens guy!)

Staten Island: Like Queens, the perception is that S.I. cops are soft. Personally, I don’t know one cop from Staten Island. I do know that of the last few cops killed in the line of duty, several were from out there.

Brooklyn South: The one thing I know about Brooklyn South is that it ain’t Brooklyn North.

Brooklyn North: These cops are universally admired. Brooklyn North guys tend to stick together and back each other up, and are not going to be rattled easily.

I mean, come on—these guys had to create a special gun court just for all their gun cases!
    This is the best advice someone can give you on the difference between boroughs. You will definitely have some good laughs on this job, but you will also have to deal with some of the saddest things as well. The most important thing to remember is that where ever you go, is where you will stay unless you decide to become a boss. Stay out of Transit and Housing if you can, because once your in there, its extremely hard to get out.
    Last edited by NYR2711; 07-16-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Come get some! Junior Division
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/deputies...163819466.html

Cops looking for attempted murder suspect, knock on wrong door and kill the man.
    Honor, Tradition, Respect... This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER!

I don't get how the neighbor thought the deputies were at fault for knocking "at the wrong time of day". If a man pulls a gun at you when answering the door, his life deserves to end. Then at the end of this video the reporter says that the suspect the cops were looking for REMAINS behind bars. Doesn't that mean he was already behind bars? lol

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Remember the story of my dad and the traffic agent that I mentioned early into the thread? Well, I introduce you to the traffic agent he got into an argument with:

http://mobile.silive.com/advstaten/d...l=true#display

Meet Lauren Homsi - full time traffic agent, part-time drug dealer.

Nice. Hahaha!

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Who's paying $20 for 1 Oxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Seriously. I get $30 each for mine. Sweet deal.

I keed I keed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    You'd be surprised...

Today's pill heads are super fiends...

I'm getting used to not having a life outside of the NYPD now lol. I see that I'll pretty much spending the next 6 months, eating, sleeping, studying or at the academy. "Just Play the Game", right? lol

I can't wait to get the unis, because standing in a suit and tie (fully buttoned) sweating my balls off is doing damage to my suits/shirts/ties lol.

Yeah, that is the worst part of it, but once you get out, and your in the heat with all of this equipment on, your going to wish you were in a suit and tie. I hate lugging all of my equipment up 5 flights of stairs to go into an apartment where it is hot as balls. That vest traps all of the heat in, it sucks.

speaking of vests, mine is in dire need of a washing. God i hate working in the summer lol

My friend, who's a NYPD officer, was texting me all day bitching that he had to be in court. Wahhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by viventi View Post
    My friend, who's a NYPD officer, was texting me all day bitching that he had to be in court. Wahhhhh.
    ok?

Quote Originally Posted by viventi View Post
    It really is a pain in the ass, especially when they tell you the day before. I work 230-1105, and for a court tour, I have to catch a 445 train in, and then to have to sit around all day waiting to find out if they need me to testify is a pain in the ass. In Manhattan court isn't too bad because you have a lot around the courts to do and go to, but all the other boroughs have nothing near by. I hate going to court because a lot of these ADA's are either clueless or are nasty. I usually try to cancel as much court as I get.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast