Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Discussion Thread: Traffic Tickets, Guns, Donuts and More!

List Maker BSBH Rookie

General Police Discussion Thread: Traffic Tickets, Guns, Donuts and More!

My question about cops - where do they get those sweet shades?

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    I go with native eyewear. Most important, and Nik take note, is to make sure they are so dark that they cant see your eyes. Nothing worse than a complainant realizing you're looking at cleavage when shes talking to u about her lost pocketbook

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    Mine are prescription

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I go with native eyewear. Most important, and Nik take note, is to make sure they are so dark that they cant see your eyes. Nothing worse than a complainant realizing you're looking at cleavage when shes talking to u about her lost pocketbook
    LOL, I just bought a pair of Ray Ban Aviators that are mirrored, but I won't be wearing them on the job. I won't break $150 while patrolling some place because with the pay cut I'm about to take next week, i'm not replacing them anytime soon lol.

I'll buy those super dark shitty glasses you get off the rack in Walgreens lol.

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    LOL, I just bought a pair of Ray Ban Aviators that are mirrored, but I won't be wearing them on the job. I won't break $150 while patrolling some place because with the pay cut I'm about to take next week, i'm not replacing them anytime soon lol.

I'll buy those super dark shitty glasses you get off the rack in Walgreens lol.

And then buy season tickets to the 100s

I'm probably going to keep my seasons the first year and just sell most of them for cost. I'm going to be taking a serious pay cut next week, lol.

Yep, and your not going to be off to go to most of the games. Your going to wind up working your days off for a while, and I think you guys only get a week vacation to start with. Oh and be prepared to work New Years Eve as well, and I mean this years.

http://nypdrecruit.com/benefits-salary/overview

Apparently, it'll be 2. I'm informed that the starting salary is actually going to be about 42k, but I'll get a check after a few months for uniform allowance and such.

I know my first night will be NYE and it doesn't bother me at all. My buddy just finished the academy and graduated on June 28th. His first night was yesterday, lol.

Come get some! Junior Division
    http://nypdrecruit.com/benefits-salary/overview

Apparently, it'll be 2. I'm informed that the starting salary is actually going to be about 42k, but I'll get a check after a few months for uniform allowance and such.

I know my first night will be NYE and it doesn't bother me at all. My buddy just finished the academy and graduated on June 28th. His first night was yesterday, lol.
    Yeah I think that's how it works. Get out of the academy and work a holiday night immediately.
    Honor, Tradition, Respect... This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Chizz View Post
    Yeah I think that's how it works. Get out of the academy and work a holiday night immediately.
    I worked NYE while I was still in the academy. We worked until 230 in the morning and then had to be back at the Academy by 700 the next morning, and they didn't give us a place to sleep in between. That next day blew because we were dead. We lucked out because the didn't make us do gym that day, but we heard the guys that didn't work that night got killed in running and cal.

Calls started going out tonight for the academy, btw. I'll PM you NYR.

I spoke to my co-workers sister in APD. She said she looked me up and I'm in. Now i'm waiting for the call. You and keith are going to be my life lines. People tell me the first few months of academy are mental anguish as they try to break you and make you quit lol. I may need a pep talk from time to time.

I spoke to my co-workers sister in APD. She said she looked me up and I'm in. Now i'm waiting for the call. You and keith are going to be my life lines. People tell me the first few months of academy are mental anguish as they try to break you and make you quit lol. I may need a pep talk from time to time.
    Good luck bro. I heard the academy is NOTHING like what it was say when NYR2711 was in it. I heard as long as you're not a fat slob, not retarded academically, and keep your fuckin mouth shit, it'll be a piece of cake.

My buddy Danny just graduated. he said it was more annoying than anything else. Alot of waiting around. He said the work is easy, but everything is a chore and is done deliberately to piss you off/annoy you.

He also has an MBA. So he breezed thru the work and was always ahead of people so he had to do even more sitting around than the next guy lol.

My buddy Danny just graduated. he said it was more annoying than anything else. Alot of waiting around. He said the work is easy, but everything is a chore and is done deliberately to piss you off/annoy you.

He also has an MBA. So he breezed thru the work and was always ahead of people so he had to do even more sitting around than the next guy lol.
    Yeah, they just try to mind fuck you. They do it during the pre-screening and such as well, as I'm sure you've already seen that. I'm sure you'll be fine. I saw you posting that you've been running 5 miles at a time. Gym will be a piece of cake for you. I believe they only run 1.5 miles a day and from what I understand, it's barely that. I tried getting into NYPD a few years ago (thats actually how I met your buddy Sal), but failed the psych. I took the test again this year to start the process over again because from what I understand, I can get passed the psych. Long story, but doc prescribed me medication that I actually didn't need from the ages of 16-18 and it fucked me over. But, I might be able to prove that I didn't need it. I've been working on proving it and everything is falling together nicely.

Congratz man. Sal failed the Psych as well, I don't now what happened exactly. He and I played in a band together when I was younger and I never really wanted to ask him why he failed. He's a real nice dude. You seem normal enough, so I'm thinking you'll get thru now LOL. I don't know what you do for a living now, but my buddy Danny was telling me that he was bringing home like $1130 every 2 weeks while in the academy, which sucks. But it's for the first 6 months. I know you have a wife and kid, so I would imagine you should start saving as much as you can now to get you thru the initial stages as you have 3 mouths to feed. My friend Danny has a wife and twins. He said it's been tough.

The pay cut is going to suck balls for me. it's going to be a lifestyle adjustment, but I live alone and am prepared to make some budget cuts for myself. Ultimately, I'm happy to just start the career. I never had problems with police officers in general and the one time a guy was ever a real ass to me, I was still courteous and he ultimately calmed down and spoke to me like a human being lol. I'll be happy to chime in from both sides of these arguments later on when I can go from civilian to officer.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Good luck, Niko.

Congratz man. Sal failed the Psych as well, I don't now what happened exactly. He and I played in a band together when I was younger and I never really wanted to ask him why he failed. He's a real nice dude. You seem normal enough, so I'm thinking you'll get thru now LOL. I don't know what you do for a living now, but my buddy Danny was telling me that he was bringing home like $1130 every 2 weeks while in the academy, which sucks. But it's for the first 6 months. I know you have a wife and kid, so I would imagine you should start saving as much as you can now to get you thru the initial stages as you have 3 mouths to feed. My friend Danny has a wife and twins. He said it's been tough.

The pay cut is going to suck balls for me. it's going to be a lifestyle adjustment, but I live alone and am prepared to make some budget cuts for myself. Ultimately, I'm happy to just start the career. I never had problems with police officers in general and the one time a guy was ever a real ass to me, I was still courteous and he ultimately calmed down and spoke to me like a human being lol. I'll be happy to chime in from both sides of these arguments later on when I can go from civilian to officer.
    Yeah, Sal failed for the same reasons as me actually. Or at least that's how I remember it. You make the proper adjustments now and in the long run this career is the right move. 22 years and you're done at half pay. Can't beat that. I believe after 25 years you retire at 3/4 pay.

thanks Morph.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonpackfan View Post
    QUICK call the cops, someone stole your "O"'s

Congrats bro. Like Chizz said, the academy is a lot different than when I went through, they made it a lot easier. They are going to fuck with you, but just remember its 6 months and once your done, the real job is nothing like what they tell you. Gym is the only place they really push you, just deal with the bullshit and you'll be fine. It's a lot of the same thing over and over again, but besides gym, it's a piece of cake. Just don't wipe the sweat from your face in gym, and don't fall behind in the run. Welcome aboard, you'll do well, don't sweat it.
    Last edited by NYR2711; 07-06-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast