Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,361 to 1,379 of 1379

Thread: General Police Discussion Thread: Traffic Tickets, Guns, Donuts and More!

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think it's a misinterpretation on your part to assume he froze or didn't communicate with the subject. He also goes out of his way to say that he understands why the officers did what they did, he just felt that he could handle this situation without killing someone. AI applaud that. There's no need to spin into into an error or incompetence.
    Let me be clear so your don't misinterpret this. Using deadly force should always be the last option in any situation. I applaud every officer that makes it out of a deadly force type of situation without having to employ it. I was not assuming anything about the officer's actions. I was just giving the other side of the coin. And I was just trying to debunk what the author of your article was saying that solely because of his military training he was able to handle the situation better than other officers did (who clearly didn't have his same level of training!). His training could have been a factor in this but it also may have had nothing to do with it.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Let me be clear so your don't misinterpret this. Using deadly force should always be the last option in any situation. I applaud every officer that makes it out of a deadly force type of situation without having to employ it. I was not assuming anything about the officer's actions. I was just giving the other side of the coin. And I was just trying to debunk what the author of your article was saying that solely because of his military training he was able to handle the situation better than other officers did (who clearly didn't have his same level of training!). His training could have been a factor in this but it also may have had nothing to do with it.
    Curious why you'd want to debunk anything?

The author also never says that military-trained cops handle these situations better than other cops. He simply refers to statements of other police chiefs and research being done. The author makes no claims himself without referencing quotes of others.

Not sure why there's such an overreaction here.

Curious why you'd want to debunk anything?

The author also never says that military-trained cops handle these situations better than other cops. He simply refers to statements of other police chiefs and research being done. The author makes no claims himself without referencing quotes of others.

Not sure why there's such an overreaction here.
    Overreaction? I thought we were just in a discussion about the topic and I was giving my opinion on it. The author's viewpoint is clear based on the interviews that he made and the tone of the article. Even the title of the article seems pretty clear on his thoughts on the matter.

Overreaction? I thought we were just in a discussion about the topic and I was giving my opinion on it. The author's viewpoint is clear based on the interviews that he made and the tone of the article. Even the title of the article seems pretty clear on his thoughts on the matter.
    Your tone is a little aggressive.

Authors don't always write headlines, editors may.

Regardless, his viewpoint is supported with quotes from other police chiefs and studies currently being conducted, so I have no issue with his implications.

Your tone is a little aggressive.

Authors don't always write headlines, editors may.

Regardless, his viewpoint is supported with quotes from other police chiefs and studies currently being conducted, so I have no issue with his implications.
    You are definitely misinterpreting my tone. I am very calm and just discussing this article with you. The bold is how you feel and I'm telling you how I feel. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Kevin; 12-13-2016 at 10:24 AM.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    In the last 2 months, 6-7 Officers were shot and killed during domestic disputes I think and we are supposed to applaud this guy's efforts for not shooting someone waving a gun around during a domestic incident ? Honestly, that has nothing to do with him being military trained and everything to do not doing his job and putting lives in jeopardy.

Responds to domestic? Yes

Has gun? Yes

Refuses to drop said weapon? Yes

Waving gun back and forth? Yes

The job of the Police is to protect and serve. Yes, we are taught to de-escalate a situation, but at that point there is no de-escalation. It's already at the breaking point. To me, this is just another article trying to put blanket statements on individual situations. There is no manual to handling violent situations.

I applaud him because he didn't use deadly force as a first option.

I applaud him because he didn't use deadly force as a first option.
    But neither did the other Officers. They gave instructions that were ignored. Thankfully, they took action when the other Officer failed to do his job correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    But neither did the other Officers. They gave instructions that were ignored. Thankfully, they took action when the other Officer failed to do his job correctly.
    Yes, thankfully they killed a man who had an unloaded gun and was planning suicide by cop.

I think it's interesting that you say he did his job incorrectly because he felt he could de-escalate the situation.

Ignoring an officer doesn't mandate deadly force. If it does, then training needs to be re-visited. Lethal force should be the last option for an officer who feels his life is in danger, not the first option.

Yes, thankfully they killed a man who had an unloaded gun and was planning suicide by cop.

I think it's interesting that you say he did his job incorrectly because he felt he could de-escalate the situation.

Ignoring an officer doesn't mandate deadly force. If it does, then training needs to be re-visited. Lethal force should be the last option for an officer who feels his life is in danger, not the first option.
    Well, i guess situations like that with a crazy suicidal man that migHt have one in the chamber is what really sucks about being a Police Officer and what makes it one of the most difficult and highly respected jobs in the country.

You tell me I'm overreacting and then you throw out a snarky comment like that? You should reign that in a bit. It has no place in this discussion.

Well, i guess situations like that with a crazy suicidal man that migHt have one in the chamber is what really sucks about being a Police Officer and what makes it one of the most difficult and highly respected jobs in the country.
    Yes, right next to military...And the man with military training handled it differently. Which you want to call "incorrectly", which is a matter of opinion I guess.

You tell me I'm overreacting and then you throw out a snarky comment like that? You should reign that in a bit. It has no place in this discussion.
    You over-reacted because you were aggressive.

There's nothing to reign in, it's a statement of fact. Says so right in the article. So there's no reason to say "Thankfully" the other officers did there job, knowing that in hindsight.

Feel free to report or PM the posts, in the future, things like this just derail threads.

Thanks.

Not to continue on with this much more but please highlight to me the words that I used that made you take it as aggressive. I assure you that I wasn't the least bit agitated with this discussion and truly want to know why you took it as aggressive so I can remedy that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not to continue on with this much more but please highlight to me the words that I used that made you take it as aggressive. I assure you that I wasn't the least bit agitated with this discussion and truly want to know why you took it as aggressive so I can remedy that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Of course. Happy to do that but will take it to PM.

Yes, right next to military...And the man with military training handled it differently. Which you want to call "incorrectly", which is a matter of opinion I guess.
    Honestly, the reason he handled it that way had a lot more to do with him being a rookie and less to do with the military.

Honestly, the reason he handled it that way had a lot more to do with him being a rookie and less to do with the military.
    You're entitled to that opinion.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Is there any uproar about a black man killing a white cop? Haven't really seen any media outlets covering it

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Is there any uproar about a black man killing a white cop? Haven't really seen any media outlets covering it

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    I think you already know the answer to that one lol

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869