• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So Crazy It Just Might Work

Morphinity 2.0

I can watch space exploration programming for days. Every time History, Science Channel or Discovery runs one of these, or anything about he Universe, I go well out of my way to make sure I watch every episode.

This rocks.

:worship: This is incredible stuff. Now compare this to the last two Mars rovers' landing sequence involving crashing into the ground using airbags.

Mods, please put this into embedded video? I'm on my phone and don't remember the BBCode.

Niiice that is UFO badassness, except it's an IFO because its ours: but if you were some kind of primordial mollusc on Mars you might anthropomorphise a bit and say "Badass wheels you got there Earthlings".

As to the peeps who say Rovers are "small time," we need to get people there. Well if we can't even get Ryan or Nash here, how are we even having a hope landing Gary Bettman back on Mars where he came from? That's what I want to know.

Rovers aren't small time. They're still million-dollar projects that require a mass of great minds to successfully pull off. The technology simply doesn't exist yet to get any living person to Mars right now [safely]. Even the moon was one of the most dangerous explorations in human history, so the fact that our scientists are still saying "not yet" despite the massive strides tech has taken since then should tell you everything you need to know about this.

lol wtf is with the music. It's like they tried to make sound as epic as possible. Would have made a nail clipping seem like a thrilling event.

We should be more interested in the moons of Jupiter like Europa anyway right now.

lol wtf is with the music. It's like they tried to make sound as epic as possible. Would have made a nail clipping seem like a thrilling event.

We should be more interested in the moons of Jupiter like Europa anyway right now.

We are, but missioning them is even more money than it costs to mission to Mars because of the distance involved.

The closest Europa gets to Earth is about 367 million miles. Mars, at it's closest radius, is just 36 million miles.

We are, but missioning them is even more money than it costs to mission to Mars because of the distance involved.

The closest Europa gets to Earth is about 367 million miles. Mars, at it's closest radius, is just 36 million miles.

Yeah i know, but the concept that there might currently be microbes there as opposed to finding fossilized microbes on Mars seems fascinating to me

Yeah i know, but the concept that there might currently be microbes there as opposed to finding fossilized microbes on Mars seems fascinating to me

Same. I've seen four different documentaries on Europa alone. It's far and away the most interesting planetary discovery we've stumbled over, sans Kepler-22b.

Great to see some fellow Astronomy buffs out there! I love that stuff. It's one of the things I miss about college. Just being able to take some classes that were purely from an interest standpoint instead of worrying about career stuff.

Keith, did you happen to catch the How the Universe Works series on Discovery, Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking or better yet — The Universe series that's been running on History channel? I could lock myself in a room for days at a time and watch them in one giant marathon.

Keith, did you happen to catch the How the Universe Works series on Discovery, Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking or better yet — The Universe series that's been running on History channel? I could lock myself in a room for days at a time and watch them in one giant marathon.

Lol yeah i did. I actually own the Universe series on Blu Ray. Season 6 just came out a few weeks ago and i have it on order from ebay. I've watched Into the Universe with Hawkings on netflix. Very good regardless of how distracting he is as a person lol. I also own When We Left Earth on bluray. Another great series.

I am sure we talked about this before, but have you guys seen that Imax movie "Hubble"? I felt so small and impressed after seeing that, that it almost made me emotional. That movie is awesome and inspiring. When I was little we'd always take yearly trips with my primary school to the local observatory. Many memories.

I am sure we talked about this before, but have you guys seen that Imax movie "Hubble"? I felt so small and impressed after seeing that, that it almost made me emotional. That movie is awesome and inspiring. When I was little we'd always take yearly trips with my primary school to the local observatory. Many memories.

Yup. Own it.

Also, this needs to be posted at this point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtaWkLFfevc

Archived