His name is... BSBH Prospect
    I blame Ray. God damnit, Ray.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    First round Hero tourney

Only 18 players invited

Woods tied for 17th, one of only 2 players over par

Tiger -7 today. Bogey free. Tied with Bubba for lowest round of the day thus far.

Nice putt on 16 to save par, and we got a little Tiger fist pump going too.

The fact that he's competitive is great, but the best part is that he seems to be pain free and he's not afraid to really whack the ball.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Tiger Watch is onnnnnnnn

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Shot an 88 yesterday. The wind fucked me so hard. I haven't seen that many balls flying in all directions on 18 holes since my bachelor party.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

lol I was totally planning to go somewhere with that but you beat me to the punch

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division sg3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    With all due respect he finished 15th out of the 17 players that finished the tournament and 14 strokes behind the probable winner

I'm holding off on my futures bets on him winning at Augusta in April

Moderator Junior Division
    Tiger -7 today. Bogey free. Tied with Bubba for lowest round of the day thus far.

Nice putt on 16 to save par, and we got a little Tiger fist pump going too.

The fact that he's competitive is great, but the best part is that he seems to be pain free and he's not afraid to really whack the ball.
    Yep. I think how he scored and where he finished aren't all that important here. It's his first competitive golf in what, 2 years? I kept waiting to see him wince - especially when he had to hit out of the sand - and I never really noticed anything.

There is no more fun golfer to watch than Tiger. Even if he never gets another major, I hope he stays competitive. Golf is just a lot more fun with him involved.

One thing I've read about Tiger quite a bit that's pretty interesting is that, since he's no longer tied to Nike, he can play whatever clubs he wants. Seems like he's trending away from Nike everything, and I wonder if that has had some impact on his play over the years. Not playing with clubs you're 100% comfortable with can make a big difference. Even just the mentality of feeling confident of what's in your bag can impact the game.

He played a Bridgestone ball and TaylorMade woods this weekend, maybe he moves away from the Nike irons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    With all due respect he finished 15th out of the 17 players that finished the tournament and 14 strokes behind the probable winner

I'm holding off on my futures bets on him winning at Augusta in April
    See this:

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yep. I think how he scored and where he finished aren't all that important here. It's his first competitive golf in what, 2 years? I kept waiting to see him wince - especially when he had to hit out of the sand - and I never really noticed anything.

There is no more fun golfer to watch than Tiger. Even if he never gets another major, I hope he stays competitive. Golf is just a lot more fun with him involved.
    The tournament was part of the process. He had some great moments and looked good for a guy who didn't play tournament golf in 14 months. I'm not saying bet on him for the Masters. Not even close. But there were positive signs out of a guy who had been on record as saying that he's not even sure he can play golf anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    One thing I've read about Tiger quite a bit that's pretty interesting is that, since he's no longer tied to Nike, he can play whatever clubs he wants. Seems like he's trending away from Nike everything, and I wonder if that has had some impact on his play over the years. Not playing with clubs you're 100% comfortable with can make a big difference. Even just the mentality of feeling confident of what's in your bag can impact the game.

He played a Bridgestone ball and TaylorMade woods this weekend, maybe he moves away from the Nike irons as well.
    It's tough to say. He has changed equipment quite a bit over the course of his career. He definitely feels more comfortable with the Scotty Cameron putter, which he put in his bag right away after Nike closed up shop.

He also mentioned he's not completely tied to the TaylorMade M2 driver and woods. He said he barely even used the woods before this week. It'll be very interesting to see how things progress. Probably won't see him until late January at Torrey Pines.

Tiger's swing looked better than it did at any point in the last two years. He's making a full turn, and finishing with balance on his left leg. He hasn't done that in a very long time. It looks a lot like his early 2000's swing.

I'm not giving him a major yet by any means, but strictly from a technique perspective, his swing looked so much better, and that's exciting. It's not that he's made a "change" or whatever, he just has a proper, repeating swing again.

See this:

The tournament was part of the process. He had some great moments and looked good for a guy who didn't play tournament golf in 14 months. I'm not saying bet on him for the Masters. Not even close. But there were positive signs out of a guy who had been on record as saying that he's not even sure he can play golf anymore.
    Yea, I think the most important thing from this tourney is that he was tied for most birdies. Its easier to come back and get rid of double bogeys than it is to come back and start making birdies. The fact that the upside is already there is hugely important.
    It's tough to say. He has changed equipment quite a bit over the course of his career. He definitely feels more comfortable with the Scotty Cameron putter, which he put in his bag right away after Nike closed up shop.

He also mentioned he's not completely tied to the TaylorMade M2 driver and woods. He said he barely even used the woods before this week. It'll be very interesting to see how things progress. Probably won't see him until late January at Torrey Pines.
    Yea, he's always tweaked, but been limited to Nike. Whether he's tied to something or not, it's impossible to say, but just knowing that he can choose whatever he wants should take some stress away.

I think he should play before that, probably in Hawaii. My guess would be the Sony Open and then another week off before Torrey Pines.

I mean he's definitely made changes:

Tiger's swing looked better than it did at any point in the last two years. He's making a full turn, and finishing with balance on his left leg. He hasn't done that in a very long time. It looks a lot like his early 2000's swing.

I'm not giving him a major yet by any means, but strictly from a technique perspective, his swing looked so much better, and that's exciting. It's not that he's made a "change" or whatever, he just has a proper, repeating swing again.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Damn, Tiger Woods is bottoming out

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...d-car-05302017

I'm not going to be at all surprised one day when t comes out Tiger took roids from about 18 on.. All those soft tissue injuries added up.. Now he's arrested whacked out of his mind on pills... I'm hopeful he gets some help, all of these surgeries, and the admitted pain he's been living with.. Its far too common, and easy to become reliant on opiates to mitigate the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Damn, Tiger Woods is bottoming out

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...d-car-05302017

I'm not going to be at all surprised one day when t comes out Tiger took roids from about 18 on.. All those soft tissue injuries added up.. Now he's arrested whacked out of his mind on pills... I'm hopeful he gets some help, all of these surgeries, and the admitted pain he's been living with.. Its far too common, and easy to become reliant on opiates to mitigate the pain.
    He played for years with a Torn ACL, steroids were never his thing.Hank Haney's book about Tiger is incredible in this regard.

I also would not be surprised if he was addicted to pain meds.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    I played Trump Links at Ferry Point on Sunday. It's fuckin hard. You don't have to hit bad shots to lose balls. Fuckin brutal.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Again...thanks for the invite

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!