Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Thread

Senior Member Midget Division

Golf Thread

Needs no introduction, can't wait to get back out on the course in a few weeks

His name is... BSBH Prospect
    Just got a shaft in for my Superdeep today. Can't wait for it to dry up and warm up.

anyone have some good course suggestions on long island? Defiantly going to head out to montauk downs this year and play a round there.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I watched golf last week on NBC and within two minutes of watching, I was dying to get out there. Can't wait!

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I watched golf last week on NBC and within two minutes of watching, I was dying to get out there. Can't wait!
    That is a big reason why I do not watch golf until I can go out and play. It's a big tease this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    The Accenture Matchplay tournament always gets me fired up, probably my favorite on the tour. Love that format.

My current putter rotation:

The macgregor blade is what I'm rolling right now.

Macgregor blade looks good.

Feels good too. Went into golfsmith looking at the pt82 for pops and giggles and ended up buying one of these for 105 out the door. It has a weird face milling that provides a feel comparable to the method, but its a lot prettier. It's slightly more muted I'd say, but that is also because the method uses actual cuts, where as this obviously does not.

My ultimate wish would be for a method blade with a full sightline ala the pt82.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    My current putter rotation:

The macgregor blade is what I'm rolling right now.
    I love the club-shaped profile on that putter. Beautiful sculpted lines. Good color. I didn't know they made 'em like that still. I should look around sometimes I guess.

Never tried one like that but it just looks like it has a satisfyingly chunky feel -- although you say it's muted.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Nah its not muted at all, just compared to the method, which is probably the ultimate feel putter on the market right now.

The feel is extremely satisfying and the ball springs off the face, much like it does with the method.

As for that design, its what's now called an 8802 design, as that was the name of the original Wilson staff putter of this style. There are still a couple of different companies putting out these designs. Scotty Cameron releases an interpretation every other year or so called the Napa, and Odyssey just re-released their high end #8 in the black design line, which I rolled last week too and was really impressed with. Rife has one out as well, can't remember the name though, as does heavy putter. PPing used to with the tess, but ever since the redwood line came out they haven't featured it.

Rename this thread the "rich white kid thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Rename this thread the "rich white kid thread"
    lol, just so it's clear, I very rarely pay full price for my bag, and I play value courses. I live in a 2 home rancher with my parents, work a part time job, and our shitty situation is far from rich. Golf is just my passion, and it's where I get to put everything I have on hold, and essentially put myself in a different world, where it is me, without or without company, against only myself and a course. It's both competitive and relaxing at the same time, and for me, I can't get that feeling anywhere else.

Just for some perspective, while my equipment is pretty damn good, I've spent 625 on my entire setup, including bag. That's less then many people spend on one driver.

Senior Member Junior Division
    brought my clubs up to albany this semester. Its been bad weather for a while, but the last couple of days it started to get better, than BOOM! snowstorm, again.

looks like itll be a while before i get to use the clubs

also, become a fan of golfnyc on facebook. they oversee all nyc golf courses, and every month they give away a few free rounds of golf + cart. I won this months

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    lol, just so it's clear, I very rarely pay full price for my bag, and I play value courses. I live in a 2 home rancher with my parents, work a part time job, and our shitty situation is far from rich. Golf is just my passion, and it's where I get to put everything I have on hold, and essentially put myself in a different world, where it is me, without or without company, against only myself and a course. It's both competitive and relaxing at the same time, and for me, I can't get that feeling anywhere else.

Just for some perspective, while my equipment is pretty damn good, I've spent 625 on my entire setup, including bag. That's less then many people spend on one driver.
    +1

some people go to the beach in the summer, I go golfing.

I got my oversized driver for 10 bucks. It was at modells, and nobody there knows shit about golf, so my father and I go in and switch price tags on clubs and getem cheap

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBannedEveryone View Post
    +1

some people go to the beach in the summer, I go golfing.

I got my oversized driver for 10 bucks. It was at modells, and nobody there knows shit about golf, so my father and I go in and switch price tags on clubs and getem cheap
    LOL!

taylor made sent me a free burner2.0 iron to tryout and keep. Guess there hoping that i like it and i end up buying the whole set

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Why don't hockey companies send me free sticks to try?

Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Why don't hockey companies send me free sticks to try?
    does easton still run the toy drive around the holidays ? If only Bauer a program like that.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
    does easton still run the toy drive around the holidays ? If only Bauer a program like that.
    No idea...I've also moved on to Bauer from Easton.

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast