Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889
Results 1,761 to 1,766 of 1766

Thread: The Android Phone Thread

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    They're good other than the fact they don't have expandable storage. So if that's important to you they're out. Other than that it's heavily centered around Google assistant and stock android. The camera lives up to the hype I might add.

If you like big phones the Note 8 is excellent. Otherwise the S8 will do nicely. Check out the LG V30 too.

Here's a pic I took with my Pixel 2XL.

I'm no photographer, but designed an ad for Google Home with it.

It's more "artistic" than it is "top of the line" - but you can definitely take those shots, too.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Made what now looks to be a mistake. Upgraded my phone 4+ months ago to a moto z force.

Phone has been great up until I went on vacation and had to buy an after market charger. Ever since my battery has been shitty. I'm getting 7 hours of life with minimal to no use.

So, I go to Verizon thinking I can get a refurb, like I have done a few times in the past. These fucks want me to buy one of those Mophie/ battery pack. And I'm like "No, I want my phone to work the way it was." The kid there and the Moto reps, said a refurbished phone won't help me with the problem. They say I have too many apps running in the background. I have the same fucking apps I always had. Why is this a problem now? The battery usage says Facebook used 17% since the last charge, with 5-8 other apps at 1%..... Temp is low, so it's NOT overloaded with work.. The kid swore its my apps, and that I should turn the phone off for a few hours to let it rest.. They kept saying to buy a mophie or buy the Moto battery mod that I already fucking have. I insisted that I shouldn't have to.

No app besides maybe navigation should eat a battery like this. Is Verizon now douching out on insurance /refurbished replacements?

I wanted to strangle the kid working at the store. Told me to call a tech, because they could maybe help.... Wound up leaving.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Made what now looks to be a mistake. Upgraded my phone 4+ months ago to a moto z force.

Phone has been great up until I went on vacation and had to buy an after market charger. Ever since my battery has been shitty. I'm getting 7 hours of life with minimal to no use.

So, I go to Verizon thinking I can get a refurb, like I have done a few times in the past. These fucks want me to buy one of those Mophie/ battery pack. And I'm like "No, I want my phone to work the way it was." The kid there and the Moto reps, said a refurbished phone won't help me with the problem. They say I have too many apps running in the background. I have the same fucking apps I always had. Why is this a problem now? The battery usage says Facebook used 17% since the last charge, with 5-8 other apps at 1%..... Temp is low, so it's NOT overloaded with work.. The kid swore its my apps, and that I should turn the phone off for a few hours to let it rest.. They kept saying to buy a mophie or buy the Moto battery mod that I already fucking have. I insisted that I shouldn't have to.

No app besides maybe navigation should eat a battery like this. Is Verizon now douching out on insurance /refurbished replacements?

I wanted to strangle the kid working at the store. Told me to call a tech, because they could maybe help.... Wound up leaving.
    Yea, they just wanted you to spend money on something you didn't need. If you have insurance, call Verizon and do it over the phone. It's easier that way.

Also, when you're up for a new phone, my suggestion is to stay away from Moto phones. They're outdated in pretty much every way in comparison to other android phones. Save yourself the headache.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    Yea, they just wanted you to spend money on something you didn't need. If you have insurance, call Verizon and do it over the phone. It's easier that way.

Also, when you're up for a new phone, my suggestion is to stay away from Moto phones. They're outdated in pretty much every way in comparison to other android phones. Save yourself the headache.
    Meeehhh specs were close and it has the unbreakable screen.

But yeah. There's a reason why there's the big 2. Should have went with the Samsung... Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by The Dude; 05-16-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Meeehhh specs were close and it has the unbreakable screen.

But yeah. There's a reason why there's the big 2. Should have went with the Samsung... Thanks for the advice.
    If you continue having issues my suggestion would be to get a new battery if it's swappable or reset your phone and start from scratch. Sometimes a firmware update or crap install could cause problems.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Android phones really aren't worth having unless they're Samsung or Google.

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889