• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Change Your Own Username

Phil

I've added a feature that will allow everyone to change their own username, if they wish that, but there is still a catch ? you can only do so once every 365 days. No exceptions. All changes will be recorded and will be visible on the user's profile for anyone else to see in the event a change is made, so if you are confused as to who a new user is that has a couple thousand posts, just click on their profile and select the appropriate tab to see what their old name was.

Again, no matter the change, it can only be applied ONCE in that time frame, so to any of you considering the move, think it through. I'm not going to get into the habit of correcting this for you when you realize you've made a mistake.

As I already made note of in the past, I can't tell you what your name should be, but changing your name from RangersFan1234 to WolvesRule is just plain confusing. Everyone knew you as RangersFan1234. WolvesRule looks like a brand new user. People know you because of your handle, so if you're someone who's had the same handle for a while, you may want to think twice about starting over.

Those of you who already had your user names changed and were subject to the "once ever" rule are one again open to changing yours again, if you think it necessary, but you will be held to the same 365 day limit as anyone else.

--

To change your own username:

Click on Settings (upper right) > Edit Profile and look for the Username Change section. Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is going to get really confusing... its hard enough to keep track of people when they change avatars never the less user names

All changes will be recorded and will be visible on the user's profile for anyone else to see in the event a change is made, so if you are confused as to who a new user is that has a couple thousand posts, just click on their profile and select the appropriate tab to see what their old name was.

• 1 month later...

Archived