• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What is Rep, and Why Does it Matter?

Phil

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using it, a decent amount too. Then I realized I never got any in return and wondered why I was wasting my time...

Well the users here aren't really "used" to the concept yet, I don't think. I doubt very many check all that often to see what new rep they've even received, and any who don't care about it aren't going to care if you rep them, because it's meaningless to them. Unfortunate byproduct of the whole concept. It only means something to some, and those some tend to use it, but there's no guarantee you'll get someone who doesn't really care to return the favor.

The easiest way to get the rep system working is to get the users who receive rep to return it. It helps the whole cycle of things.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

Well...Too easy.

Of course.

Well the users here aren't really "used" to the concept yet, I don't think. I doubt very many check all that often to see what new rep they've even received, and any who don't care about it aren't going to care if you rep them, because it's meaningless to them. Unfortunate byproduct of the whole concept. It only means something to some, and those some tend to use it, but there's no guarantee you'll get someone who doesn't really care to return the favor.

The easiest way to get the rep system working is to get the users who receive rep to return it. It helps the whole cycle of things.

True. Ill go back to my repping ways of old.

Shouldn't be difficult — I dropped the number of people you have to rep between to two, which means if you rep Ba Ba Bluey, you only have to rep two others before you can rep him again.
  • Like 1