Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Oh, "supposebly" is def. another one of mine. It just screams "poor education" to me.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division Niagaraiceman's Avatar
    Pencils with worn down erasers that cause metal to touch paper when erasing and the people who use them. The sound, action, and thought of give me a " phil's cotton ball" type reaction also.

Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect
    another pet peeve: people who stand and chat in the middle of hallways
    people who walk on the opposite side of the hallway (you stick to the right hand side, like driving, stop interchanging and wlaking side by side with your buddy)

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    People who walk 3 across on a crowded sidewalk.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Improper use of "there and their."

Posting an essays worth of words and no punctuation/seperation between ideas

Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    Improper use of "there and their."

Posting an essays worth of words and no punctuation/seperation between ideas
    Writing a three paragraph essay and using the word "you" and its derivatives 14 times. (I'm helping to edit my school paper, unofficially because our last issue had 49 errors in eight pages. I almost died reading it.)

Fur now BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersFan 31 View Post
    when people scratch an itch but call it "itching" it.

example:

-my back is itchy
    -I'll itch it for you.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
    LMAO. My gf yells at me for that all the time. I use scratch and itch as the same word. "Irregardless... I could care less."

Fur now BSBH Rookie
    "your" and not "you're"
    I don't care about punctuation, just use the correct word.

"These one's"
    Unless you are picking out 1's to put on the side of your house that is house number 3111, you will almost never correctly use "These 1's."

Fur now BSBH Rookie
    People who care/comment about what type of beer I want to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Greggy Gloom View Post
    Writing a three paragraph essay and using the word "you" and its derivatives 14 times. (I'm helping to edit my school paper, unofficially because our last issue had 49 errors in eight pages. I almost died reading it.)
    Just wait until you are a teacher Greg. 120 Research Papers, 95% done incorrectly with language that almost resembles English.

Quote Originally Posted by Niagaraiceman View Post
    Just wait until you are a teacher Greg. 120 Research Papers, 95% done incorrectly with language that almost resembles English.
    Oh I know, I know. I had my 7th grade CCD class do a small paper on the Holocaust after I taught a 3 week lesson on it, and by small paper I mean answer five questions with two sentences each. Their ideas were good, but my gosh, their sentence structure and grammar was nightmarish. It's all because of texting. No one talks or writes anymore. Cellphones are great, but they are destroying language.

Oh I know, I know. I had my 7th grade CCD class do a small paper on the Holocaust after I taught a 3 week lesson on it, and by small paper I mean answer five questions with two sentences each. Their ideas were good, but my gosh, their sentence structure and grammar was nightmarish. It's all because of texting. No one talks or writes anymore. Cellphones are great, but they are destroying language.
    I'm surprised they wrote that much for you. I have an issue getting college students to write well thought out 3-5 sentence thematic topics.

I'm surprised they wrote that much for you. I have an issue getting college students to write well thought out 3-5 sentence thematic topics.
    Me too. Generally they do as I ask because I don't go by the book in that class. The book is stupid, meaningless, and boring, so I try to bring in history as much as possible and tie it in so they can have some interest level in it. And even if they don't, a five part series I created called "Religion and the Civil War" was a lot of fun...for me. So at least I'm enjoying myself!

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    This would lead me to alcoholism

Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    This would lead me to alcoholism
    LOL I picked a bad time to quit smoking. Been about a month now. No urges...unless I deal with these idiots.

By the way, the front page headline for our school paper read: "TUTION ON THE RISE".

Look very closely.

I have this thing where I can't attach my name to garbage. I'm just a contributor, not an editor, but I was so annoyed at that paper that I sat down and circled all 49 errors and left comments in the margins, then handed it to our editor the next day. Then I got home to realize that I had missed the front page headline. I took a picture and sent it to him with the subject: "ONE I MISSED!" I have now volunteered to help edit because I can't stand ignorance. And our paper staff includes faculty members. There is a difference between making mistakes and not caring. Our paper is a rag.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Always hated those tution bills.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post
    Always hated those tution bills.
    In fact it was my Aunt who noticed it that day. I handed her the paper to show her my article on our disastrous parking lot situation and she thought there was a Professor or Administrator named Tution who got a promotion. I didn't know what she was talking about, and I looked and I almost fell out of my chair.

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    "For all intensive purposes".

Incredibly annoying.
    Oh my god, seriously. It's INTENTS AND PURPOSES.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    People who continue to sniff and sniff and sniff when they have a runny nose/stuffy nose and never blow it.

Even worse when they do that deep sniff that sounds like they're snorting all that snot up and just swallowing it. Disgusting.
    Won't even lie. I'm experiencing the onset of a cold and I just did exactly that.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast