Page 1 of 294 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 5873

Thread: Pet Peeves

  1. #1
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,651
    Rep Power
    359

    Pet Peeves

    Some of mine?

    • People who use the word "irregardless". By saying irregardless, you are actually saying the opposite of what you really intended. The word 'regardless' already means despite or without regard, and the prefix –ir is a negative, so irregardless would mean not despite or not without regard, which is illogical.

    • People who butcher the phrase "... couldn't care less" by reciting it as "... could care less". If you could care less, you would. This makes no sense.

    • People who who butcher the word "supposedly" by reciting it as "supposebly". Please, for the love of the english language, stop making up words because you're too lazy to understand how to pronounce the real one!

    • Cotton balls. Seriously. Can't touch them. No idea why. Sends nasty chills down my spine.

    I know I can't be the only one here with a dumpster full of them.

    What are some of yours?
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,193
    Rep Power
    190
    Shanny1414

  3. #3
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    One of my more recent ones since I moved out is when my roommates don't take their clothes out of the dryer. it's really not a hard thing to do.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  4. #4
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,791
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post

    • Cotton balls. Seriously. Can't touch them. No idea why. Sends nasty chills down my spine.
    LOL, certain soup cans do the same to me. The ones where the label feels all rough and scratchy and makes a sound if you run your fingers across it. Get chills just thinking about it.

  5. #5
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    Not sure if this qualifies as a peeve, but I HATE that razorblades cost like 20 bucks for a pack of 4. I feel financially discriminated against by the fact that I'm a dude and I have facial hair that could cut diamond.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  6. #6
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,791
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    Not sure if this qualifies as a peeve, but I HATE that razorblades cost like 20 bucks for a pack of 4. I feel financially discriminated against by the fact that I'm a dude and I have facial hair that could cut diamond.
    Chicks need to shave things too. Not sure how costly it is for them, but it's money well spent.

  7. #7
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,651
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    LOL, certain soup cans do the same to me. The ones where the label feels all rough and scratchy and makes a sound if you run your fingers across it. Get chills just thinking about it.
    Yup, I know exactly what you're talking about.

    You know when you open a cardboard box, like for frozen food, and the glue pulls pieces of the cardboard apart, so you're left with that fuzzy shit? That makes me gag if my finger touches it, or if the two sides (both fuzzy) rub against one another. :shutters:
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #8
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    It's money well spent, sure, but god damnit, even with shaving cream I wear down around 1.5 cartridges a week. It's nuts.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  9. #9
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,791
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post
    Yup, I know exactly what you're talking about.

    You know when you open a cardboard box, like for frozen food, and the glue pulls pieces of the cardboard apart, so you're left with that fuzzy shit? That makes me gag if my finger touches it, or if the two sides (both fuzzy) rub against one another. :shutters:
    LOL, I have goosebumps.

  10. #10
    #MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    81,651
    Rep Power
    359
    Me too, dude — I got chills down my spine when I posted that. Almost gagged.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #11
    Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    TwoMinutesForNothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    6,791
    Rep Power
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    It's money well spent, sure, but god damnit, even with shaving cream I wear down around 1.5 cartridges a week. It's nuts.
    Same problem, that's why I only shave twice a week. I use the one that has like 9 blades that you have to pay for in installments. LOL

  12. #12
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post
    Some of mine?

    • People who use the word "irregardless". By saying irregardless, you are actually saying the opposite of what you really intended. The word 'regardless' already means despite or without regard, and the prefix –ir is a negative, so irregardless would mean not despite or not without regard, which is illogical.
    Shush.

  13. #13
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    Oh, I've got another one!!

    People who argue against a logical argument by ostensibly stating "shut up"

    It's really saying "You've got me cornered, but NEENER NEENER"
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  14. #14
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhommy View Post
    Oh, I've got another one!!

    People who argue against a logical argument by ostensibly stating "shut up"

    It's really saying "You've got me cornered, but NEENER NEENER"
    I say shush. Not shut up.

  15. #15
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    I say shush. Not shut up.
    shush.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  16. #16
    Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    74,851
    Rep Power
    438
    Silencio!

  17. #17
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Silencio!
    callate la boca
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  18. #18
    Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect
    Captain Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,967
    Rep Power
    36
    1. People who forget there are "R's" in certain words: February not Febuary. Library not Liberry
    2. Drivers who have no idea how to use blinkers/ merge and use exists properly
    That's about all

  19. #19
    In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,635
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Clutch View Post
    1. People who forget there are "R's" in certain words: February not Febuary. Library not Liberry
    2. Drivers who have no idea how to use blinkers/ merge and use exists properly
    That's about all
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  20. #20
    Raanta and Raving BSBH Prospect
    Captain Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,967
    Rep Power
    36
    Basically, that's it lol
    and we can post YT videos?! thank you, Phil!

Page 1 of 294 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •