• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Travis Barker on His Painful Recovery, Solo Disc, New Blink-182 Album and More

Phil

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/rs_sotd/5494/travis-barker-on-his-painful-recovery-solo-disc-new-blink-182-album-and-more/

"Honestly, I never thought the album would be finished," Barker tells Rolling Stone. "For a while after my accident, I was just recovering. No one really thought I would be able to play drums after all the surgeries and everything. That was always on my mind. Once I was in the studio, it was like, 'I can walk now, I can play the drums still. I have to finish this.'"

His recovery from the crash took longer and was more painful than was publicly known at the time. Barker went through 16 surgeries and nearly had a foot amputated. For a time, his left hand was completely numb. "It was sketchy, so I came a long way. And mentally I was a basket case," he says. "It was a big amount of time to get off of 20 medications that they had me on, and then physically getting in shape. It was heavy."

Archived