Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2424

Thread: Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start Talking Video Games Thread

  1. #1961
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,780
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    Can't wait for Battlefront. Will there be online? Similar to BF/CoD?
    Pretty much. It's being developed by DICE, the company that also develops Battlefield. More like Battlefield than CoD if you've played the previous iterations of Battlefront.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    Also looking forward to Mafia 3. Never played the other two but i love games like that. Hope there is an entire new open world with plenty of things to do
    Play Mafia II. Very much worth it. It's not really open world per se. More of a linear sandbox game.

  2. #1962
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,780
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Star Wars Battlefront looks pretty sick, even though it's not as expansive as previous iterations. It's got the ground battles and 20v20 air combat battles, if I read it correctly. The trailers look fun. It'll probably hold my attention as long as Battlefield did...a few months at best.
    I hooked up my old Xbox to replay Battlefront and a few other games. You don't really feel the expansiveness that much and it's not like it was great. The AI was kind of crappy so the large numbers masked the easiness of it. So I don't think smaller numbers will really affect the game too much.

  3. #1963
    Banned Mite Division NYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Pretty much. It's being developed by DICE, the company that also develops Battlefield. More like Battlefield than CoD if you've played the previous iterations of Battlefront.



    Play Mafia II. Very much worth it. It's not really open world per se. More of a linear sandbox game.

    Nice. That should be fun.

    I wish i would have played Mafia 2 but i sold my PS3 for a PS4

  4. #1964
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,780
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    Nice. That should be fun.

    I wish i would have played Mafia 2 but i sold my PS3 for a PS4
    Ah that sucks.

  5. #1965
    Banned Mite Division NYR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Ah that sucks.
    Yeah, i've seen gameplay videos of it and it looks fun. I always wanted to get it but never did since people said it was too short. Hopefully the new one is different

  6. #1966
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    70
    I'm working with some cutting edge VR tech and let me tell you, this stuff blows me away - particularly the HTC Vive.

  7. #1967
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    70
    Going to PAX this year due to work.

    Not sure if any of you are going/near Seattle.

  8. #1968
    They call me Shaq Bantam Division
    Mentosman42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    montauk ny
    Posts
    1,456
    Rep Power
    45
    Went to the LoL LCS finals this weekend at MSG. Was absolutely epic, a bar around the corner was playing the european finals from 11-4:30 and then the american finals started at 4:30. Somehow my buddy was able to score us some tickets for free and they turned out to be a private box at floor level


    Got tanked at the bar so we wouldnt have to spend $15 a drink at the garden and it turned out we had a free private bar
    ___________LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #1969
    Senior Member Midget Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,772
    Rep Power
    38
    I have yet to play a FPS that played as smooth and realistically as COD 4 modern warfare. Granted I have not played anything on any of the new systems, but what's out there. All the CODs after thst one STUNK on 360. Been holding out on getting a new system because of this. Im Jonsing for the fun I had in THAT game. Has anything matched up since that I have missed?

  10. #1970
    Senior Member Bantam Division rvbcaboose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    13
    The most fun I've had on a FPS since CoD4 was maybe BFBC2. The PC community is still there, not sure about 360, but the last I saw of that community was 2011 maybe.

    Since then, most of the CoDs have either sucked a little (Treyarc ones dont suck a lot. Black Ops 1 was ok) or sucked a lot (Ghosts...ugh)

    Right now there are some decent PC games/mods out there that should help you fulfill a certain need. If you like big battles with tanks and helis and dont mind a graphics downgrade to 2005, play Project Reality. If you want something a bit more casual, try insurgency.

    On PS4 and PC, its CoD, BF, Halo, or nothing.
    Hidden Content

    "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears"

  11. #1971
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120
    Cod2, cod4 and bf2 were the pinnacles of gaming IMO. I actually think bf42 was more fun, and had better designed maps, but unfortunately it doesn't hold up the same way.

  12. #1972
    Senior Member Bantam Division Tonybologna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    16

    Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start Talking Video Games Thread

    I may start a debate here, but what is the best/your favorite fighting game?

    I just recently got into street fighter and I love it, I even love watching it. The tournaments especially, and I've never liked watching other people play video games on twitch or anything. I even watched the new assassin's fist movie which was phenomenal considering how it was put together.

    Also SF5 is looking really good getting rid of annoying too often relied upon comeback mechanics like ultras, as well as focus attacks.

  13. #1973
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120
    Tekken 2 or Tekken 3. Hard to choose between the two, but they were hands down my favorite.

  14. #1974
    PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Fuhgeddaboudit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,423
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by rvbcaboose View Post
    The most fun I've had on a FPS since CoD4 was maybe BFBC2. The PC community is still there, not sure about 360, but the last I saw of that community was 2011 maybe.

    Since then, most of the CoDs have either sucked a little (Treyarc ones dont suck a lot. Black Ops 1 was ok) or sucked a lot (Ghosts...ugh)

    Right now there are some decent PC games/mods out there that should help you fulfill a certain need. If you like big battles with tanks and helis and dont mind a graphics downgrade to 2005, play Project Reality. If you want something a bit more casual, try insurgency.

    On PS4 and PC, its CoD, BF, Halo, or nothing.

    I played the BO3 beta, I actually like it... specialists are cool. Only issue are the maps are smaller. I guess I'm okay with that since I've never been a battlefield person (although I am buying Battlefront)

  15. #1975
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,748
    Rep Power
    70
    I'm more of a CS:GO kind of guy, myself. Though, Battlefront will pull me away upon release, at least for a bit.

  16. #1976
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    19,057
    Rep Power
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I have yet to play a FPS that played as smooth and realistically as COD 4 modern warfare. Granted I have not played anything on any of the new systems, but what's out there. All the CODs after thst one STUNK on 360. Been holding out on getting a new system because of this. Im Jonsing for the fun I had in THAT game. Has anything matched up since that I have missed?
    I don't think Battlefield 4 on the new generation consoles is as amazing as Modern Warfare - but I'm not sure anything ever will be - but it ain't a bad game. COD4 was groundbreaking, but BF4 has some terrific maps and Conquest is as much fun as you can have online shooting on console.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  17. #1977
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I don't think Battlefield 4 on the new generation consoles is as amazing as Modern Warfare - but I'm not sure anything ever will be - but it ain't a bad game. COD4 was groundbreaking, but BF4 has some terrific maps and Conquest is as much fun as you can have online shooting on console.
    I think 4's maps are some of the weakest of the series. 3 probably had the worst, but 4's improvements are very incremental.

  18. #1978
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,318
    Rep Power
    351
    I got into the Black Ops 3 beta, so I'm gonna give it a whirl tonight.

    Also, I've been watching some people play Until Dawn and it looks really good, like it makes me wish I had a PS4. If you're a fan of horror movies or horror games, I think you should check it out. It's basically an interactive horror movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    I think 4's maps are some of the weakest of the series. 3 probably had the worst, but 4's improvements are very incremental.
    Completely agree. It says something that, of the maps that were in Battlefield 3, the most played were the ones that they fucking ported over from BF2 - Gulf of Oman, Strike at Karkand, etc..

    Unfortunately, I was so disappointed with 3 that I never bought 4. I hear it's good now, but what deters me from getting it is the need to buy the DLC. The community is so fractured since DLC was so aggressively pushed that just getting the core game isn't enough anymore.

    It really disappoints me.
    Last edited by Morphinity; 08-26-2015 at 12:49 PM.

  19. #1979
    His name is... BSBH Prospect
    JOHN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,113
    Rep Power
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I got into the Black Ops 3 beta, so I'm gonna give it a whirl tonight.

    Also, I've been watching some people play Until Dawn and it looks really good, like it makes me wish I had a PS4. If you're a fan of horror movies or horror games, I think you should check it out. It's basically an interactive horror movie.



    Completely agree. It says something that, of the maps that were in Battlefield 3, the most played were the ones that they fucking ported over from BF2 - Gulf of Oman, Strike at Karkand, etc..

    Unfortunately, I was so disappointed with 3 that I never bought 4. I hear it's good now, but what deters me from getting it is the need to buy the DLC. The community is so fractured since DLC was so aggressively pushed that just getting the core game isn't enough anymore.

    It really disappoints me.
    I would get EA Access and play it off there. It's worth it, I play without dlc's and it's still fun, but the air power is so nerfed and the attack jets are too fast that you can kill anything in one pass. It's really just a ground game with some air effects. On PC apparently it's a bit different, but it's still nerfed.

  20. #1980
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,318
    Rep Power
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    I would get EA Access and play it off there. It's worth it, I play without dlc's and it's still fun, but the air power is so nerfed and the attack jets are too fast that you can kill anything in one pass. It's really just a ground game with some air effects. On PC apparently it's a bit different, but it's still nerfed.
    EA Access is only for Xbox, so as a PC gamer, I can't get that shittttttttt

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •