Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start Talking Video Games Thread

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Start Talking Video Games Thread

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to buying? Which games drove you mad and made you throw your controller out the window?

I'm on a three-game mix with Forza 3, NHL11 and COD Black Ops. According to the boards in NHL11, Battlefield 3 is coming out in the fall. I loved Battlefield 2 and 2142, so I think I might just have to get a Battlefield game that I can play (my computers failed at running games).

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Bought COD Black Ops and blew through it in a week and a half — haven't touched it since.

These FPS games they're coming out with are such shit. They just rehash the same tired ass storyline game-after-game.

Call me when Rainbow 6: New York comes out. Otherwise I'll just wait for NHL12.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    NHL 11 and NBA 2K11..Thats it,I don't play shooter games or any of those,don't really have the time.
    On a side note I for one am getting a little bored of EAs NHL,the last 3 years have been so similar,there is just something missing as well,I don't have as much fun playing as I used too.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by !br-avery! View Post
    NHL 11 and NBA 2K11..Thats it,I don't play shooter games or any of those,don't really have the time.
    On a side note I for one am getting a little bored of EAs NHL,the last 3 years have been so similar,there is just something missing as well,I don't have as much fun playing as I used too.
    I may sell my NHL11 and not even buy 12. I hardly played 11. The Be a Pro thing got old, I won't play online, and to play a season gets boring, either too easy or too hard if you bump it up a notch. Until they really make intuitive AI, the game will always get stale. Playing online against the glitch bitches sucks.

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    I have too many Xbox 360 games to admit, but I'm currently cruising through Need for Speed: Shift and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. Two games that were on the shelf for too long and I like to finish 'em now, 'cause I got kinda bored with Fallout: New Vegas for a while.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    I may sell my NHL11 and not even buy 12. I hardly played 11. The Be a Pro thing got old, I won't play online, and to play a season gets boring, either too easy or too hard if you bump it up a notch. Until they really make intuitive AI, the game will always get stale. Playing online against the glitch bitches sucks.
    Agreed completely,online isn't fun cause people rig the system,I was on a team online with my buddies and we would get smoked every game,playing against kids with 99 overall ratings that do the same moves every time.No fun.I got tired of be a pro as well,same with season play.
    Im not a fan of their presentation either,doesn't feel real enough to me.

I can only play NHL in little doses, which is why I switch between it and the other two games. I really only play BeAGm in NHL, and it's alright. What makes me stop playing NHL for weeks at a time is when the AI decides "oh I am going to dominate you for the next three shifts and score three goals". Then I curse off my TV and turn my xbox off. The AI is sporadic in its intelligence, as sometimes you'll be dominating and other times its the other way around. Forza keeps me sane.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Peetie is this for PS3 or Xbox? If it's for PS3 let me know. I may take it off your hands

I play mostly online these days. Play Left 4 dead 2 on PC and GT5 on PS3.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I'm playing Mass Effect 2 right now, and I just finished Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age 2. Obviously, I'm on a Bioware kick.

I also play F1 2010, GTR2, and Minecraft on the side.

I have a ps3 right now and I never use it for what it's made for. It's basically just a dvd player for me. I have NHL 10, Tekken and some racing game. Barely used.

I played Castle Crashers at my friend's house the other day on his xbox...its a button mashing game but it was actually pretty fun. Wouldnt be if you played on your own, but it was four of us playing.

Castle Crashers is the ultimate party game, especially after a couple of drinks. It's hilarious! Almost as hilarious as the game I'm playing right now: LEGO Indiana Jones!
    Hidden Content

Oh and for iPhones, Tiny Wings is an awesome game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Castle Crashers is the ultimate party game, especially after a couple of drinks. It's hilarious! Almost as hilarious as the game I'm playing right now: LEGO Indiana Jones!
    ha, I'd never even heard of Castle Crashers until that night at my friends, four of us were playing on this like 60" tv...it was so much fun lol. Others were watching, and kept saying how dumb it looks but once you got them to play, they didnt want to give up the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by viventi View Post
    ha, I'd never even heard of Castle Crashers until that night at my friends, four of us were playing on this like 60" tv...it was so much fun lol. Others were watching, and kept saying how dumb it looks but once you got them to play, they didnt want to give up the controller.
    So recognizable. The music is also ridiculously catchy. It's keep that just keeps you playing and going. So much fun!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    So recognizable. The music is also ridiculously catchy. It's keep that just keeps you playing and going. So much fun!
    Oh definitely. The music for the game is awesome.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division FinnishRanger's Avatar
    When Diablo 3 and The Old Republic comes out my social life is over

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    honestly just fifa 10 right now. occasional flip to nhl11
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnishRanger View Post
    When Diablo 3 and The Old Republic comes out my social life is over
    This. I'm doomed.

I have a Legendary Member Midget Division hamov glir's Avatar
    Eagerly awaiting Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, and Duke Nukem Forever.

Everything else I don't give a shit about.

In Vigneault, Veritas BSBH Prospect
    I'm avoiding D3 like the freaking PLAGUE. I've been addicted to Blizzard games on and off for 12 years. I'm swearing off the company because they're too good.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast