• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tech help

TwoMinutesForNothing

Thanks. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a DVD recorder then.

Yup, unless you have an external HD set up with your DVR, you'll always have to connect directly to an external burner.

Only other way to do this is to have files record to your external HD, then take that to a computer and access the files that way.

Yup, unless you have an external HD set up with your DVR, you'll always have to connect directly to an external burner.

Only other way to do this is to have files record to your external HD, then take that to a computer and access the files that way.

So can I take it off of my DVR and transfer it to my computer now or is it too late for that?

I WANNA DO THAT. lol.

Only certain hard drives can be connected to certain DVR's, read teh manual. I have the Cablevision DVR so only ESATA type Drives be attached to it.

Another alternative to what Phil posted, is to have a PC with its own capture device and record it that way. I do it all the time.

Only certain hard drives can be connected to certain DVR's, read teh manual. I have the Cablevision DVR so only ESATA type Drives be attached to it.

Another alternative to what Phil posted, is to have a PC with its own capture device and record it that way. I do it all the time.

I have one from Comcast, but might be switching carriers soon myself...i wouldn't know the first thing about any of this anyway. I know how to use a device that plugs directly into a computer to record it, but I'd rather be able to just hook up an external HD.

I have one from Comcast, but might be switching carriers soon myself...i wouldn't know the first thing about any of this anyway. I know how to use a device that plugs directly into a computer to record it, but I'd rather be able to just hook up an external HD.

My Dad has the Comcast service as well and can check with his manual when I can but, you need to supply the model number to get me more info.

My Dad has the Comcast service as well and can check with his manual when I can but, you need to supply the model number to get me more info.

I might be going to Directv in a few days, so I'll give you the model number for that one, thankssss :)

Comcast is 140 a month for the triple play, plus 42 a month til March for Center Ice so I can watch the Rangers....I just found out if I do Directv it's 35 a month and I get MSG HD. I can get just internet from Comcast for 30 a month, and we really don't need a house phone...soooo 182 a month or 65? Dumb question :D

I might be going to Directv in a few days, so I'll give you the model number for that one, thankssss :)

Comcast is 140 a month for the triple play, plus 42 a month til March for Center Ice so I can watch the Rangers....I just found out if I do Directv it's 35 a month and I get MSG HD. I can get just internet from Comcast for 30 a month, and we really don't need a house phone...soooo 182 a month or 65? Dumb question :D

The Rangers games will still be blacked out without center ice if you don't live in the local broadcast area.

We tried this too viventi, but if you don't have the center ice and aren't in the NY area, Directv blacks out Rangers games - or at least that's what they did when we had it about 4 years ago.

EDIT: Sorry Two, didn't see your post.

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know anything about the wireless microphones that players wear when they're mic'd up? Size, price, quality, etc .... Obviously when a player is mic'd, we hear it on tv, but how would I be able to listen/record it ?

Someone sent me this. He said I would need to keep the recorder on me, and plug into an MP3 player, and put the other device on the player. Ask your buddies what they use for informants. Isn't that the same shit?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olympus-tie-clip-condenser-microphone/7974383.p?id=1218348562040&skuId=7974383

Follow him around with this.

http://www.camtreepro.com/Ebay/6ft%20Boom%20Pole%20&%2040cm%20R%20Blimp/boom-%20pole-shotgun-mic-5.jpg

Like i said, i don't really know much, but if you wanted to listen to it after the fact, i would think you just need a compatible voice recorder for that mic with a good internal memory that you can plug in after to download what was recorded and listen to it.

By all means though, i'm just spitballing here.

Follow him around with this.

http://www.camtreepro.com/Ebay/6ft%20Boom%20Pole%20&%2040cm%20R%20Blimp/boom-%20pole-shotgun-mic-5.jpg

Uhh, he definitely doesn't need that to be heard.

• 10 months later...
Does anyone know if there's a way to export a .res file from SQL to excel and have the pipes be sorted into separate cells?

I'm guessing you already tried using the SQL server import and export wizard? That's the only thing I can think of.

It should give you the option to generate a query that will transfer the data to a predetermined location. I'm by no means an expert, but I figured it would be worth a try.

Try this too. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306125

Archived